Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2013 10:46:20 AM EDT
Stabbing your balls with porcupine spines. What is this hell?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:48:46 AM EDT
[#1]
My mom did it to my dad.  My wife does it to me.  It's ingrained in their DNA.

My dad would load me and my sister in the car.  Then he'd start honking the horn.  Still didn't work but it was funny as hell.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:48:58 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a control thing. Look, I can make him wait. Fuck all that.

Women, am I right?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Not mine, I'm always early.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Watch out, some badass might jump over a balcony over that shit.  Oh wait . . .
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:50:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:51:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Many men seem to have a very strong sense of "Being on time is showing basic respect" as a built in rule.

I know when I just do "men" things if anyone is even a few minutes late to our originally agreed upon time, they feel bad and state an apology.  If I'm late, I will swear to myself a couple times as I think about it in traffic until I'm there.

Women don't seem to have this as part of their personalities, and I try and adjust, but it is annoying.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Well what the hell,they gotta get ready..to..ya know..do whatever it is.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:53:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Many men seem to have a very strong sense of "Being on time is showing basic respect" a built in rule.

I know when I just do "men" things if anyone is even a few minutes late to our originally agreed upon time, they feel bad and state an apology.  If I'm late, I will swear to myself a couple times as I think about it in traffic until I'm there.

Women don't seem to have this as part of their personalities, and I try and adjust, but it is annoying.

View Quote

Ding Ding...we have a winner
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:53:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm always "on the dot".

Speaking of...where's our thread about how men are so GREAT at shooting but can't hit the water in the toilet rather than the seat?  
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:55:12 AM EDT
[#10]
"Sometimes the waiting is worth it.

Take care and get a woman worth waiting for."

-Joe Starrett
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:55:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm always "on the dot".

Speaking of...where's our thread about how men are so GREAT at shooting but can't hit the water in the toilet rather than the seat?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm always "on the dot".

How true!  What a good question!
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:59:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm always "on the dot".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm always "on the dot".

Why the fuck do you think I piss in the bathtub instead. Life is easier when you can move the goalpost
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:05:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

-Joe Starrett
View Quote

Damnit man,you have to get tired of saying all the right shit all the time.You need a bit of volatility to you,I tell you what..I'll meet you in Vegas tomorrow,we'll rip it up.What do you say?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:07:45 AM EDT
[#14]
We piss on the seat just to piss you off

Another good one is wait until the lights go out and take a piss, then leave the seat up, then wait to be woke up by the ass splash in the middle of the night
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#15]
I have no idea why it's true, nor do I care to speculate.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:11:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's all about choices.
I have uniforms for work, t-shirts and jeans for regular shit and a few button up shirts and slacks. I own 4 pairs of shoes.
Now the sammich maker has a walk in closet full of shit to choose from, all of which has to match and 147 pairs of shoes (no really)
Basic rule is the more options you have to choose from, the longer it takes to decide.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:12:09 AM EDT
[#17]
My wife, when we decide to go somewhere, is ready and out the door just as fast as me.

She also hates shopping and likes football.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:15:09 AM EDT
[#18]
My woman is going to be 30' late to her own funeral.....

I love here more than life-- but the only time I've ever seen her ready to leave early was a miserable vacation in the Caribbean--other than that--tardy girl.....
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:15:24 AM EDT
[#19]
That is why God created beer.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:18:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Damnit man,you have to get tired of saying all the right shit all the time.You need a bit of volatility to you,I tell you what..I'll meet you in Vegas tomorrow,we'll rip it up.What do you say?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Joe Starrett

It's my father's good example and influence on me.

Can't go to Vegas tomorrow.  We're hosting a little Christmas party with the neighbors at my house.

I wouldn't know what to do in Vegas anyway.  Just doesn't appeal to me.  I'd rather make hot, steamy love to my beautiful wife.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My wife, when we decide to go somewhere, is ready and out the door just as fast as me.

She also hates shopping and likes football.
View Quote

You married a man?
Without pics it's hard to tell.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:22:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Didn't they write a song about this???

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:22:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Can't go to Vegas tomorrow.  We're hosting a little Christmas party with the neighbors at my house.

I wouldn't know what to do in Vegas anyway.  Just doesn't appeal to me.  I'd rather make hot, steamy love to my beautiful wife.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Joe Starrett

I was just pulling your chain.You seem like a very righteous guy.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:22:43 AM EDT
[#24]
opposite in my house.  my wfie ALWAYS waits on me.  but it's b/c i'm ADD and get distracted real easy.  here's how it goes:

WIFE: "we need to leave in 2 minutes"
ME: "ok"  *****thinks to self, i probably have time to field strip my AR, remington 700 and SKS and do a thorough cleaning in those 2 mins*****

she hates it, but i hate all of the stupid shows she watches, so we're even.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Joe Starrett

Thanks, Sir.  Though anyone on the site long enough can tell you that every once in a while I have a bad day or screw up like anyone else.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:29:47 AM EDT
[#26]
When I'm doing something that involves my husband, I make it a point to be five minutes late.  It's kinda contrary to my nature, but that man is my beating heart, his happiness is my life, and I know nothing, absolutely nothing, makes men happier than bitching about women.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
When I'm doing something that involves my husband, I make it a point to be five minutes late.  It's kinda contrary to my nature, but that man is my beating heart, his happiness is my life, and I know nothing, absolutely nothing, makes men happier than bitching about women.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:32:04 AM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:32:29 AM EDT
[#29]

Jk, what I like to do is drive a couple blocks away and park. Shitstorm ensues, but at least I get to tell her to wait 20 mins while I turn around.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Thanks, Sir.  Though anyone on the site long enough can tell you that every once in a while I have a bad day or screw up like anyone else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Joe Starrett

It happens to the best of us.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:35:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:38:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quills dude... Porcupine Quills!
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:46:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Now I'm at the mall. Another fresh hell. All for directors suite seats for the hobbit and drunken car sex.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:07:38 PM EDT
[#35]
My wife and I could be headed home and she all of a sudden says hey we need to stop at the store for milk..ok I will just stay in the truck then...45 minutes later she comes out pushing a cart of shit, drives me nuts.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:09:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:16:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Usually when I'm late it's because I had to get myself and 3 other people ready to go.  

I admit it would be nice to be a man and go from mowing the lawn to out-to-eat ready in 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:20:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Usually when I'm late it's because I had to get myself and 3 other people ready to go.  

I admit it would be nice to be a man and go from mowing the lawn to out-to-eat ready in 15 minutes.
View Quote

On a totally unrelated note, I like your Holiday modified avatar.  Nice twist.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:20:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

On a totally unrelated note, I like your Holiday modified emoticon.  Nice twist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On a totally unrelated note, I like your Holiday modified emoticon.  Nice twist.

Thanks!  Daytona's running a thread in team where he's giving avatars some holiday cheer.  He's been working hard!  
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:38:54 PM EDT
[#41]
I call my S/O "20 minutes", she will ask if I am ready to go and tell her yes so I go out into the car and 20 minutes later she is coming out so we can go.

Its annoying as fuck and is very disrespectful to the peoples house we are going to, I cannot stand being late anywhere and even showing up on time makes me feel like I'm late.

She asked Why we never go to the movies and gets mad when I remind her that every time we have gone we were late and missed part of it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:40:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm always "on the dot".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm always "on the dot".

I'd side with you on the water rather than seat, but when I go, it literally just picks a random direction. Hell, sometimes it just goes directly back at me and all over my hand.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a bad influence on you two.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Now I'm at the mall. Another fresh hell. All for directors suite seats for the hobbit and drunken car sex.
View Quote

I've already seen The Hobbit, but I've never heard of the other one.  When did it come out?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:47:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah.  You just have a fresh perspective that always strips everything down to the bare bones truth.  

I DO think it's exceedingly rude to be late to appointments and I'm really anal about that.  If we're *late* to anything because of me, it's usually just heading out to eat somewhere with ourselves being the only ones who are *put out*.  

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:04:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It's all about choices.
I have uniforms for work, t-shirts and jeans for regular shit and a few button up shirts and slacks. I own 4 pairs of shoes.
Now the sammich maker has a walk in closet full of shit to choose from, all of which has to match and 147 pairs of shoes (no really)
Basic rule is the more options you have to choose from, the longer it takes to decide.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all about choices.

Anyone else remember the SBC/Yahoo commercial with Clapton's Wonderful Tonight as the music?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top