Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 5:55:08 PM EDT

What are everyone's thoughts on this topic?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#1]
You're not allowed to start this until April.  We aren't even through Christmas yet man.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:56:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I think this is going to get locked after 2 pages
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:58:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

And many rustled jimmies.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:59:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can see that happening.  A fairly large lightning rod He is.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't see any way this could possibly go pear-shaped.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:02:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Man from earth?
Still alive I guess
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:04:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it will be locked because it is an obvious troll thread.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#8]
He was the meekest and lowliest of all the sons of men, yet he spoke of coming on the clouds of heaven with the glory of God. He was so austere that evil spirits and demons cried out in terror at his coming, yet he was so genial and winsome and approachable that the children loved to play with him, and the little ones nestled in his arms. His presence at the innocent gaiety of a village wedding was like the presence of sunshine.

No one was half so compassionate to sinners, yet no one ever spoke such red hot scorching words about sin. A bruised reed he would not break, his whole life was love, yet on one occasion he demanded of the Pharisees how they ever expected to escape the damnation of hell. He was a dreamer of dreams and a seer of visions, yet for sheer stark realism He has all of our stark realists soundly beaten. He was a servant of all, washing the disciples feet, yet masterfully He strode into the temple, and the hucksters and moneychangers fell over one another to get away from the mad rush and the fire they saw blazing in His eyes.

He saved others, yet at the last Himself He did not save. There is nothing in history like the union of contrasts which confronts us in the gospels. The mystery of Jesus is the mystery of divine personality.

– James Stewart, Scottish theologian
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#9]
He's in contemporary history books.  Skeptics call Josepheus's accounts of Jesus Roman disinformation.  Kind of a strange approach when most people were illiterate back then and books were rare.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No troll intended.  Just trying to gauge an ArFCOM consensus on the topic.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, he cuts my lawn
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:10:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm continually surprised that otherwise sane and semi-intelligent men believe in the unproven, non-fact based, and mythical religions, including all varieties of Christianity.  

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:13:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm continually surprised that otherwise sane and semi-intelligent men believe in the unproven, non-fact based, and mythical religions, including all varieties of Christianity.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:15:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I assume that 99.99% of threads on religion, in GD, are troll threads.

Theres a religion subforum if one wants to actually discuss such things.

But troll on.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:18:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

But troll on.

View Quote

You mean no one wants to discuss religion here in GD?  If so, can the mods move this thread to the religion sub forum?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:19:48 PM EDT
[#16]
In.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:21:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You mean no one wants to discuss religion here in GD?  If so, can the mods move this thread to the religion sub forum?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But troll on.

Im just saying, if youre truly not trolling and want a serious discussion, that subforum would probably be better.

I have to assume the mods there dont let it get to GD status retardation.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:23:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, He is not here. He has risen....just like he said
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:24:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Im just saying, if youre truly not trolling and want a serious discussion, that subforum would probably be better.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But troll on.

You speak the truth.  I should have posted it over there.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:30:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Here he is at the last supper.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:45:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Meh.  Why exactly do you want to know arfcoms. "Stance" on religion and Christianity in particular? This isn't a "Christian" website and it's main focus is not religious .  There are how many thousands of members here? Members of every race and creed.

I think you are trolling, maybe you didn't even realize you were doing it but I think regardless if you ask for an opinion of religious matters smack dab in the middle of a group of thousands with differing opinions you are asking for trouble.

But since you asked I think religion is a personal thing between me and god. I believe there is something "bigger" that myself and the universe is so complex and yet at the same time so orderly and chaotic and amazing that the existence of something "more" is obvious. To me at least.

I also thing organized religion for the most part is a scam.
And that  most organized religions were created purely to control the masses.
And that the bible is a book written by a man, either influenced by those controls or to secure them... Which isn't to say there isn't some healthy common sense goodness in there.
And I think Aliens are real and out there.
And I think dinosaurs were real.
And I don't think it really matters where you go if anywhere after you die, what matters most is how you live.
Also I think that any gods which require worship, atonement, servitude, or constant prayer sound fairly petty and not at all omnipotent and omnipresent - which I would require for any greater being to be.  I think God is a bit more than were you a good boy and did you follow my rules ... Or do I punish you?  
Gods that punish are petty, small, and lacking in the type of "everything and everywhere" that I need.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top