Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 3:31:56 PM EDT
Ebay seller has item for sale for $19 with free shipping. Returned item within return policy and prepaid for return shipping. Buyer only refunds $15.25. I'm assuming they subtracted $3.75 for themselves but item was listed as free shipping. Is it a dick move to hit them with a chargeback for $3.75? It does not state anywhere in the auction about $3.25 for shipping charges.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Why was it returned?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why was it returned?
View Quote

I bought some 3D glasses for a Samusng TV that ended up being delivered with a crack in the screen and they were out of stock
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:45:55 PM EDT
[#3]
amazon does the same thing if you return a product under certain circumstances..

I bought a packpack and realized it wasnt big enough.  They deducted the 'prepaid' return shipping from my refund when i sent it in for exchange

IF there product is defective I dont think they charge for return shipping

Brian
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:46:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:47:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The ones he sold you had a defect?
View Quote

No. I didn't need them. I understand they don't want to eat shipping charges but it seems a little deceptive to offer free shipping and then ding you for it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:49:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Kind of dick move if you just have buyers remorse
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
amazon does the same thing if you return a product under certain circumstances..

I bought a packpack and realized it wasnt big enough.  They deducted the 'prepaid' return shipping from my refund when i sent it in for exchange

Brian
View Quote

It wasn't for return shipping. I paid that myself. They offer free shipping to me in the auction and then dinged me for $3.75.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:50:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I bought some 3D glasses for a Samusng TV that ended up being delivered with a crack in the screen and they were out of stock
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why was it returned?

Not sure exactly what that means. Was the product damaged when you received it or did you return it because you no longer needed it?

If it was delivered in good shape and you returned it because you no longer wanted it I'd say they hit you for the EBay fees.

If it was delivered damaged they should have given you all your money back.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If the goods he delivered were without defect and as-described, I would say you eat the charge.  The guy is not in business to be a showroom.

If he misrepresented the item or they were defective, it should be on him.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It wasn't for return shipping. I paid that myself. They offer free shipping to me in the auction and then dinged me for $3.75.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brian

He gave you free shipping. You returned it because you didn't want it and he allowed you to do so but deducted shipping cost.

Why should he pay for your change of mind ?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Its an fbho level move
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No. I didn't need them. I understand they don't want to eat shipping charges but it seems a little deceptive to offer free shipping and then ding you for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The ones he sold you had a defect?

you are why I don't sell on Ebay.  You decided after the fact that you didn't want them and then you want the seller to lose money?  If you really believe shopping didn't cost anything, you are dumb.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not sure exactly what that means. Was the product damaged when you received it or did you return it because you no longer needed it?

If it was delivered in good shape and you returned it because you no longer wanted it I'd say they hit you for the EBay fees.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why was it returned?

This
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:53:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If the goods he delivered were without defect and as-described, I would say you eat the charge.  The guy is not in business to be a showroom.

View Quote

Yeah, I'm going to just eat it. Even though I would probably win since he technically offered free shipping, I don't want to kill the guy with a chargeback fee over a few bucks. They do need to be more specific about their return policy and I told them that.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:57:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. It's one thing to make the buyer eat the return shipping if they just change their mind, but if they shouldn't be forced to pay return shipping on a defective product.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:33:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Bush league? You'd deserve asshole of the year award.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:35:32 PM EDT
[#20]
There is no such thing as free shipping. You paid for shipping with the cost of the product. Why should the seller lose out because you changed your mind?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top