Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 9:03:40 AM EDT
I can't afford $300 for a Christmas gift, my budget is about $70.00.  She has an Xbox but no other equipment.  Is this something I can buy her the game and she can do something with it?  I do not know anything about this!  
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:06:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Or check out ebay, might be able to get the guitars, mic or drums really cheap on there.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:06:51 AM EDT
[#3]
It's been out long enough that you should be able to find a used set for much less than retail.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#4]
You could just buy the game, but the controllers or "instruments" is what makes the game what it is.

You could buy the game, and one "instrument" and she could play in solo mode. You could then add the other controllers later.

The idea is that someone plays drums, someone sings, and some people play guitar/bass. But you could just get the microphone, guitar, or drums, and then add the others later if you wanted.

Check around though, people sell these sets for cheap when they get sick of it and it takes up too much space.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:09:04 AM EDT
[#5]
What all does she need?

Thanks Daytona!

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:09:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What all does she need?
View Quote

Depends on how many people she'll be playing the game with.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:10:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What all does she need?
View Quote

As I recall, the drums, bass and guitar.

I've really only played it once and don't own it personally.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:10:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I may be able to help you out OP. =] IM incoming.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:10:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Rock Band is pointless without having the peripherals.

Need the drum kit, guitar and mic.

Mic and guitar are cheap and easy to find. Drums are the pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:11:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

What all does she need?
View Quote
The game itself, and they sell, a mic, keyboard, guitars, drums. But only get what she wants to start with now, either a mic or guitar. Check out rummages or pawn shops to get the other peripherals when you can afford them.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:13:55 AM EDT
[#11]
thank you everyone!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:14:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love this place.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:16:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
thank you everyone!
View Quote

Most video game specific stores sell used games because they take them in on trade. That might be a better bet than Craigslist, eBay, or trying to hunt things down individually yourself.

If you're near a decent sized city, there are probably at least two GameStops and five independent stores near you.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hope you were able to help her out. I've got the whole setup sitting here for PS3 since ours died and the 4 is not backwards compatible. I think it's gonna get re-gifted to niece and nephew.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Go to game stop.  They sell used stuff.   Games are cheap, $5-60.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:26:50 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I love this place.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I love this place.

Me too  She still has the ipod I bought of a member when she was 12!

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
thank you everyone!
View Quote

I hope you brush up on your drum skills because you are going to need them when she fires up that game and needs to recruit band members.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I hope you brush up on your drum skills because you are going to need them when she fires up that game and needs to recruit band members.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

thank you everyone!

I have no drum skills!    But she's still at the age of hanging out with Mom is not cool.  The other day she was over and was so excited about a party she and her roommate are throwing.  An ugly Christmas sweater party so I asked, am I invited?    she turned beat red and said, well no, not exactly.  I told her she should just tell me I could come, her parties don't start until way after I'm asleep.  

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:14:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Just got approval from the SO.  Looks like Queen and her daughter will be rocking come Christmas morning.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 1:04:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Just got approval from the SO.  Looks like Queen and her daughter will be rocking come Christmas morning.
View Quote

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!  I will post pictures of our Rock band!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top