Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 12/3/2013 6:27:29 PM EDT
I talk to a lot of folks with a libertarian bent, many are distrustful of the industrial-military complex in general and the Army in specific. I reassure them of my strong belief that, if push comes to shove, the military will fall on the side of the Constitution.

Then, some bootlicking field grade asshole publishes an article advocating gun confiscation, astronomical ammo taxes, and a communist-type takeover of the firearms industry.  I'm sure his Dear Leader, Obama, is quite proud of him.  If Hillary is the next president, this flaming fucktard will probably be the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

It's Time to Talk about Guns and the Supreme Court

An excerpt:
1. The only guns permitted will be the following:

a. Smoothbore or Rifled muzzle-loading blackpowder muskets. No 7-11 in history has ever been held up with one of these.
   b. Double-barrel breech-loading shotguns. Hunting with these is valid.
   c. Bolt-action rifles with a magazine capacity no greater than five rounds. Like I said, hunting is valid. But if you cannot bring down a defenseless deer in under five rounds, then you have no fking reason to be holding a killing tool in the first place.

2. We will pry your gun from your cold, dead, fingers. That is because I am willing to wait until you die, hopefully of natural causes. Guns, except for the three approved categories, cannot be inherited. When you die your weapons must be turned into the local police department, which will then destroy them. (Weapons of historical significance will be de-milled, but may be preserved.)

3. Police departments are no longer allowed to sell or auction weapons used in crimes after the cases have been closed. (That will piss off some cops, since they really need this money. But you know what they need more? Less violence and death. By continuing the process of weapon recirculation, they are only making their jobs -- or the jobs of some other cops -- harder.)

4. We will submit a new tax on ammunition. In the first two years it will be 400 percent of the current retail cost of that type of ammunition. (Exemptions for the ammo used by the approved weapons.) Thereafter it will increase by 20 percent per year.

5. We will initiate a nationwide "buy-back" program, effective immediately, with the payouts coming from the DoD budget. This buy-back program will start purchasing weapons at 200 percent of their face value the first year, 150 percent the second year, 100 percent the third year. Thereafter there will be a 10 year pause, at which point the guns can be sold to the government at 10 percent of their value for the next 50 years.

6. The major gun manufactures of the United States, less those who create weapons for the federal government and the armed forces, will be bought out by the United States of America, for our own damned good.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:28:50 PM EDT
[#1]
But..but..but.. I was told that the military members would uphold the oath they swore.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I talk to a lot of folks with a libertarian bent, many are distrustful of the industrial-military complex in general and the Army in specific. I reassure them of my strong belief that, if push comes to shove, the military will fall on the side of the Constitution.

Then, some bootlicking field grade asshole publishes an article advocating gun confiscation, astronomical ammo taxes, and a communist-type takeover of the firearms industry.  I'm sure his Dear Leader, Obama, is quite proud of him.  If Hillary is the next president, this flaming fucktard will probably be the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

It's Time to Talk about Guns and the Supreme Court

An excerpt:
1. The only guns permitted will be the following:

a. Smoothbore or Rifled muzzle-loading blackpowder muskets. No 7-11 in history has ever been held up with one of these.
   b. Double-barrel breech-loading shotguns. Hunting with these is valid.
   c. Bolt-action rifles with a magazine capacity no greater than five rounds. Like I said, hunting is valid. But if you cannot bring down a defenseless deer in under five rounds, then you have no fking reason to be holding a killing tool in the first place.

2. We will pry your gun from your cold, dead, fingers. That is because I am willing to wait until you die, hopefully of natural causes. Guns, except for the three approved categories, cannot be inherited. When you die your weapons must be turned into the local police department, which will then destroy them. (Weapons of historical significance will be de-milled, but may be preserved.)

3. Police departments are no longer allowed to sell or auction weapons used in crimes after the cases have been closed. (That will piss off some cops, since they really need this money. But you know what they need more? Less violence and death. By continuing the process of weapon recirculation, they are only making their jobs -- or the jobs of some other cops -- harder.)

4. We will submit a new tax on ammunition. In the first two years it will be 400 percent of the current retail cost of that type of ammunition. (Exemptions for the ammo used by the approved weapons.) Thereafter it will increase by 20 percent per year.

5. We will initiate a nationwide "buy-back" program, effective immediately, with the payouts coming from the DoD budget. This buy-back program will start purchasing weapons at 200 percent of their face value the first year, 150 percent the second year, 100 percent the third year. Thereafter there will be a 10 year pause, at which point the guns can be sold to the government at 10 percent of their value for the next 50 years.

6. The major gun manufactures of the United States, less those who create weapons for the federal government and the armed forces, will be bought out by the United States of America, for our own damned good.
View Quote
View Quote

Most FG officers would force their entire units into barracks lockdown 24/7 with no booze, cars, guns, civilian clothes, or women if they could get away with it.

Why does it surprise you that they think even less of civilians rights?

ETA. Plus the cocksucker is in England right now. No wonder he has so much fucking free time to blog and shit. He doesn't "manage violence" unless all of his fucking analysts and AS-x captains like to fist fight.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:30:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
But..but..but.. I was told that the military members would uphold the oath they swore.
View Quote

Only till major. Then they turn into politicians.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Am I supposed to be surprised or shocked?
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck that Light (in the loafers) Colonel.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Who cares what one idiot O-5 advocates?
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#7]
So what, some dude that happens to work for the US government thinks we should confiscate guns.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And what... the rank and file won't follow their commanders?

Give up three hots, and a cot for some civilians 2nd amendment rights?

It happened in New Orleans... it can happen anywhere.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Mother fucker will never make it out of the motor pool. Probably sucks dicks.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:33:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Not surprising, I know a Force Recon USMC COL that does not believe civilians should own firearms. The though "scares him".
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:33:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Where did he get his history degree?
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:35:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What? Nobody cares about three hots and a cot. And as for the "army" there was a thread here by a member of the 82nd documenting what he did in NOLA.

They could probably get the support battalion guys in on a mission like that I guess since most of them would be in prison. You can't handle a couple mechanics and some cooks? For fucks sake, they don't even know how to properly attach their molle pouches to their vests
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Strong belief, eh?  Based on what?

Just for fun, name every single time the US military has refused to open fire on the citizenry, and every time they have refused unConstitutional orders from the POTUS.

Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:36:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Reading the comments isn't recommended for those with high blood pressure.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#16]
LTC Traitor needs to re-read his oath and then the Constitution, specifically the 2nd Amendment.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Not surprising, I know a Force Recon USMC COL that does not believe civilians should own firearms. The though "scares him".
View Quote
THAT'S the POINT!!

Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#18]
And Esquire used to be such a cool magazine

Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:37:49 PM EDT
[#19]
A disgusting oathbreaker.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:38:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
THAT'S the POINT!!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
THAT'S the POINT!!  

How about MCcrystals faggot ass? Same story.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What? Nobody cares about three hots and a cot. And as for the "army" there was a thread here by a member of the 82nd documenting what he did in NOLA.

They could probably get the support battalion guys in on a mission like that I guess since most of them would be in prison. You can't handle a couple mechanics and some cooks? For fucks sake, they don't even know how to properly attach their molle pouches to their vests
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't the 82nd airborne that was taking firearms from civilians.

Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:40:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What US Army unit conducted confiscations?
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:41:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Lt. Col. Robert Bateman  
View Quote

LTC Bateman's opinion on guns is about as knowledgeable as my opinion on Korean War aerial combat (not a pilot).

He's welcome to retire in his gun free utopia of Great Britanistan where only criminals carry guns.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:41:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC, it was alleged that a National Guard unit from Oklahoma did it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:41:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't it an OK guard unit?

Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:42:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It happened before New Orleans. 3 Generals held in high regard were involved after WW1. Only one was a General.at the time.
Supposedly, there was more than 2 deaths, but the history is very murky regarding this travesty.

Travesty
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

A NG unit.. I believe from Oklahoma?
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Dear Colonel Robert Bateman,

Fuck you.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha. That's what I figured. Well then sounds like an OK issue, not a US Army issue. If that order had come from the army, the 82nd would have been doing it.

With TOW missiles.

Here's an analogy that may fit. If a IL state trooper rapes your wife, would you accuse the FBI of being a bunch of rapists?
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#31]
But what if you don't have any guns?
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:48:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Read the article...anyone else catch what he said in the disclaimer at the end?  Sit on it LTC!
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

German soldiers were the first to start killing Jews in an organized fashion.

Part of the reason the 2nd exists is because the founders knew standing armies are dangerous. This LTC demonstrates that fear.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:49:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Gotcha. That's what I figured. Well then sounds like an OK issue, not a US Army issue. If that order had come from the army, the 82nd would have been doing it.

With TOW missiles.

Here's an analogy that may fit. If a IL state trooper rapes your wife, would you accuse the FBI of being a bunch of rapists?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't it an OK guard unit?  

With TOW missiles.

Are you saying NG units are not Army units? And don't swear the same oath?
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Isolated incident?
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It seems no one fucking knows...

And fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#37]
lol

Thanks nice honey
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Part of the reason the 2nd exists is because the founders knew standing armies are dangerous. This LTC demonstrates that fear.
View Quote

But we don't have a standing army since they get money appropriated every year.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:53:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, and whatever angle you're shooting for it's fucking lame.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:54:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny... people say LEOs are the ones you have to watch out for... yet.. the 'Army' (or whatever you call them) did the same.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#41]

No they are not army units, they're army national guard. They're called upon to support Army operations when needed, but are assigned to a state and given orders by its governor AFAIK. They sure do swear the same oath (I think).

There are plenty of adequate police analogies you could use, but I see you're stuck on broad brush.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:55:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

No they are not army units, they're army national guard. They're called upon to support Army operations when needed, but are assigned to a state and given orders by its governor AFAIK. They sure do swear the same oath (I think).

There are plenty of adequate police analogies you could use, but I see you're stuck on broad brush.
View Quote

I believe the Federal government can mobilize them.. as they did in NO.

Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:57:17 PM EDT
[#43]
This asshole is selling his soul to become a General under Obama.

Fuck head tarded LTC go read the Constitution and the oath you took.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#44]
I just noticed...fucktard oathbreaker uses a Hotmail account.

lulz.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Since I am a retired Navy LCDR-Mustang, I think I will send the LCOL a email. A one liner--- KISS MY GODDAM ASS.. O AND COME AND TAKE IT--Bitch
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
...Then, some bootlicking field grade asshole...
View Quote

and that is exactly and all of what he is.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Is this assclown active duty?

Disclaimer be damned, he's using the "authority" of his officer's commission to peddle that shit.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:59:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Funny... people say LEOs are the ones you have to watch out for... yet.. the 'Army' (or whatever you call them) did the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Name a single ACTIVE DUTY U.S. Military unit that confiscated firearms during that time period?
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So one handful of fucks from a unit of borrowed part time army national guard people (maybe) confiscated some weapons once in the last how many years and now the 500k active duty US army soldiers are oath breaking nazis.

Okay.

You people will boot my door down and murder me for my 30rd mags well before the army does any walking around. And you'll shrug and say "I just enforce the law, y'all shoulda called your reps yuk yuk"
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 6:59:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Bob Bateman is a known leftist douche bag.  Typical academic who spent minimal time in the field, and found a ready reception in left-wing publications like The Daily Kos and the Chicago Tribune Editorial pages.  

Fuck him and the horse he rode in on.  Presumptuous, self-righteous asswipe.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top