Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2013 12:01:59 AM EDT
The .gov is broke, so heyyyyyy let us take MORE money from the working stiff.

Screw you
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:18:50 AM EDT
[#1]
And all of the fuel taxes will be removed from the price of fuel?  Rightttttttt
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:22:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd be pitching that shit out of the window
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:24:48 AM EDT
[#3]
It will probably happen eventually.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:25:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Bitch please.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:26:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

The corollary is, why not take the simple route (pun intended) and just tax fuel.  Drive more miles, use more fuel, pay more tax.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favor of more (any?) taxes, but the only thing GPS monitoring would get you over a fuel tax is specific routes/roads driven  so you could tax users of specific roads...like, wait for it, toll roads/bridges (I'm not a fan of them, either).
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:28:59 AM EDT
[#6]
This is incredibly stupid and pointless.  Mods would be out in days on how to make those things think you drive less than you actually did.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:31:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This is incredibly stupid and pointless. Mods would be out in days on how to make those things think you drive less than you actually did.
View Quote

Which is exactly why the politicians will think it's a great idea worthy of blowing large amounts of tax money on.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:31:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm also surprised that city's have started using IR lasers like those that are used on urinals to reset parking meters so you can't use someone else's time.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:35:28 AM EDT
[#9]
The devices, which track every mile a motorist drives and transmit that information to bureaucrats, are at the center of a controversial attempt in Washington and state planning offices to overhaul the outdated system for funding America's major roads.
View Quote

The system is only outdated because the money that comes in get spent on all the wrong garbage.

But seriously, like Obamacare this isn't about getting money FOR the gov't, it's about destroying the middle class.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:56:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm also surprised that city's have started using IR lasers like those that are used on urinals to reset parking meters so you can't use someone else's time.
View Quote

They've done worse. Many cities have replaced the meters with nearby printers that print a time slip you put on your dash. It's impossible to use anyone else's time.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:51:47 AM EDT
[#11]
How about no
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:53:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How about no
View Quote

I'm sorry. I know you worked your ass off on it.

Eta...Shit! Wrong thread.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:08:36 AM EDT
[#13]
At some point we're going to have to stand up and say NO, you're NOT going to do that and if we catch you doing it anyway, you're going to jail.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:19:56 AM EDT
[#14]
So let me get this straight.  The .gov gives you a tax credit for buying a hybrid vehicle, then bitches that the same hybrid vehicle doesn't use enough fuel to pay for wear and tear on the roads.

Also,
Libertarians have joined environmental groups in lobbying to allow government to use the little boxes to keep track of the miles you drive
View Quote

Wat? I do not associate with any party, but that sounds like the opposite of what a Libertarian would want, no?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:24:29 AM EDT
[#15]
well if they'd use the money they collect for what it was intended for there wouldn't be an issue.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:28:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
well if they'd use the money they collect for what it was intended for there wouldn't be an issue.
View Quote

GPS Polling: kabal 57 LOCATION: Gun store  11/12/13  
GPS Polling: kabal 57 LOCATION: Target range  11/12/13
GPS Polling: kabal 57 LOCATION: Gun store  11/15/13
GPS Polling: kabal 57 LOCATION: Gun store  11/20/13
GPS Polling: kabal 57 LOCATION: Near site of Tea Party Rally Parking Duration 2 Hours

FLAG FOR NSA ATTENTION AND OR SCHEDULE HOME VISIT
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:45:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Will those boxes withstand the impact of a .45?  Multiple times?   If so, mine will function perfectly.

Fuck those assholes and their new taxes.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:47:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

GPS Polling: kabal 57 LOCATION: Near site of Tea Party Rally Parking Duration 2 Hours

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

hah!
I think maybe you misunderstood me or I didn't write that out very well...
I meant the tax money they collect NOW.. if that was spent on roads and stuff it was intended for instead of other programs, they wouldn't be having money problems to fix roads.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:56:42 AM EDT
[#19]
So all my money will go to the local, county, and state governments because I rarely touch a fed road in my vehicle?

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:18:05 AM EDT
[#20]
And the money will just be wasted like it currently is. In my area, they widened about 15-20 miles of freeway, enough to add 2 lanes in each directions. But instead, they just painted yellow diagonal lines and left the lanes exactly where they were before. So why did we add a concrete divider and pave enough for 2 more lanes? What a fucking waste.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:26:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Looks like I'm buying a beater and leaving it sitting in the driveway
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:41:16 AM EDT
[#22]
The discussion to tax per mile driven has been ongoing for years. It's only a matter of time before politicians actually push it through and make it reality.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:42:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So let me get this straight.  The .gov gives you a tax credit for buying a hybrid vehicle, then bitches that the same hybrid vehicle doesn't use enough fuel to pay for wear and tear on the roads.

Also,
Wat? I do not associate with any party, but that sounds like the opposite of what a Libertarian would want, no?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Also,
Libertarians have joined environmental groups in lobbying to allow government to use the little boxes to keep track of the miles you drive

Government is pulling a classic bait and switch.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:43:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:45:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They've done worse. Many cities have replaced the meters with nearby printers that print a time slip you put on your dash. It's impossible to use anyone else's time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, THAT'S why they did that..  

I noticed those when I was in Houston, never see them in OKC.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:46:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Also,
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Also,

"90% of Americans favor more (new) gun control."  If you're gonna lie, go big.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:49:02 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:49:23 AM EDT
[#28]
They've already been doing this for years. It's called an EZ-Pass.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:50:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, you're starting to see muni-meters everywhere these days.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:54:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Obfuscation and misdirection.  Not destruction.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:58:34 AM EDT
[#31]
a little lead lining in the car solves that problem. My car never moves from the garage.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:59:23 AM EDT
[#32]
H4xxx0rz!
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:00:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This.

The corollary is, why not take the simple route (pun intended) and just tax fuel.  Drive more miles, use more fuel, pay more tax.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favor of more (any?) taxes, but the only thing GPS monitoring would get you over a fuel tax is specific routes/roads driven  so you could tax users of specific roads...like, wait for it, toll roads/bridges (I'm not a fan of them, either).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Electric cars.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:02:09 AM EDT
[#34]
All ObamaMotors vehicles come pre-installed.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:03:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Also,
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Also,

yeah, they pulled that one right out of their ass.

i'm a little l libertarian and my immediate thought when i read just the title of that article was "fuck you in the ass with a rusty chainsaw".

and then i read that little gem...

oh, by the way, FBHO
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:09:37 AM EDT
[#36]
here's what i will do if this shit ever comes to pass..

i'll leave it enabled on my wifes car, which only goes to the grocery store and back.

my pickup and my jeep, if they do mandate installation in older vehicles, will have those units wrapped in tinfoil that's chassis grounded.  farrady cage, anyone.

have just enough legitemate usage that it looks like we're good upstanding citizens, or is that serfs, while we're actually a thousand miles away 4-wheeling in the middle of the waterpocket fold.

fuck those assholes.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:12:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Drive on the roads around Orlando, Fl and you get to pay a toll constantly on the same road. over and over and over

Quoted:
They've already been doing this for years. It's called an EZ-Pass.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:44:11 AM EDT
[#38]
They struggle to find ways to keep the roads repaired?  Fucking fire 8 of the 10 shit stains standing around while one of them is actually working.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:47:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It will probably happen eventually.
View Quote

Yep and it'll be the insurance companies that make it happen.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:49:44 AM EDT
[#40]
All I want to know is how big are they and what yardage should we shoot them at???I need to know which range at the gun club to invite everyone to.  Also how much tannerite to put one into low earth orbit?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top