Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/28/2013 11:29:29 AM EDT
Ok, Navy or Coast Guard guys what kind of boats are these and who are they? If they are going after the Cajun's in the swamp/marsh down there they're probably gonna need more boat!

http://www.examiner.com/article/video-unmarked-military-gunboats-seen-patrolling-louisiana-canal

"A video posted to the Gateway Pundit on Sunday shows what appears to be at least four unmarked military gunboats the video says were spotted patrolling around Eden Isles, in one of the canals around Slidell, Louisiana.

According to the video description, no one has seen this type of activity in the area before.

All four boats appeared to be heavily armed and full of military personnel."
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:30:38 AM EDT
[#1]
SEAL training
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:31:24 AM EDT
[#2]
They're marked.  The caboose has an American flag on it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:31:29 AM EDT
[#3]
People's Front of Judea?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ok, Navy or Coast Guard guys what kind of boats are these and who are they? If they are going after the Cajun's in the swamp/marsh down there they're probably gonna need more boat!

http://www.examiner.com/article/video-unmarked-military-gunboats-seen-patrolling-louisiana-canal

"A video posted to the Gateway Pundit on Sunday shows what appears to be at least four unmarked military gunboats the video says were spotted patrolling around Eden Isles, in one of the canals around Slidell, Louisiana.

According to the video description, no one has seen this type of activity in the area before.

All four boats appeared to be heavily armed and full of military personnel."
View Quote

Weekend warriors?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#6]
IIRC, in "Damn Few" he talks about SEALS training in that area to simulate combat zones.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:33:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like SWCC
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:33:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They probably mean they didn't say NOPD, or MARINES on it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#9]
ERMAGERD!!!!11111
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:36:01 AM EDT
[#10]
The military is or will be going through maritime exercises/training in the waterways around here.   We got the announcement last week.

Maybe they're doing it down there too, but didn't get the memo.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Did y'all give em yer guns when they asst for em?

How do you know they was military?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:37:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Well Edwin Edwards does have a new TV show........
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:39:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Because we all know that martial law and the New World Order will start in rural Louisiana, one of the least important, least desirable chunks of land in the country.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Looks like SWCC
View Quote

This. My guess is they were training in the area. Most likely working with SEAL's.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:41:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Because we all know that martial law and the New World Order will start in rural Louisiana, one of the least important, least desirable chunks of land in the country.
View Quote

Yep. New Orleans is definitely where I would start if I were imposing the New World Order.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Crappy video but looks like Special Operations Craft-Riverine (SOC-R)

Monk

ETA: Mostly like SWCC doing riverine operations for TRAINING.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Or it could just be that they want to train to be able to operate in that environment and protect one of the nation's critical sea ports.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#18]
SWCC boats.  Why did they have their guns mounted and manned and everyone on board in helmets/armor and carrying their rifles while in transit to training?  That seems a little on their part.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:45:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, that's the genius of the plan. You do something so far fetched, they won't ever think it'll happen.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:45:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Red Jacket is going to start selling boats.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:46:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
People's Front of Judea?
View Quote

Nope.  Judean People's Front.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's better than 'Merica?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:47:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
SWCC boats.  Why did they have their guns mounted and manned and everyone on board in helmets/armor and carrying their rifles while in transit to training?  That seems a little on their part.
View Quote

Oh I don't know how about because...

1. Train like you fight
2 Mount the guns at the dockside rather than in open water
3. Helmets and armor are safety measures.

Monk
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:47:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Well, that's the genius of the plan. You do something so far fetched, they won't ever think it'll happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The next thing you know I'm having to eat nutria & boudin and drink moonshine while promising to build churches and stills in order to win Boudreaux's heart and mind.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:47:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

They already did that for the Sheriff in the one episode. They outfitted his boat with a Mk. 19 Grenade Launcher and an M240 IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:48:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:49:08 AM EDT
[#27]
SEALs they train around here.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:50:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

1. Train like you fight

Monk
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Train like you fight

Monk

No, why mount all the stuff and get it out of the way? You want it laying on the ground, so you have to step over it. It really helps when you're moving around on an unstable platform, like a boat.

Do I have to teach you fools everything?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:53:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No, why mount all the stuff and get it out of the way? You want it laying on the ground, deck so you have to step over it. It really helps when you're moving around on an unstable platform, like a boat.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Train like you fight

Monk

No, why mount all the stuff and get it out of the way? You want it laying on the ground, deck so you have to step over it. It really helps when you're moving around on an unstable platform, like a boat.

FIFY. I am a Marine so I knows about amphibious warfare and other green and brown wet shit,
And you forgot about increasing the chance of dropping it overboard and shit.

Monk
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:54:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have you ever tried to mount a hundred pound machine gun on a moving object?  ie a boat bobbing in the water?  Sounds like you don't know much about the subject you're commenting on....
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#31]
In other news, 4 C-130's were seen flying low in Colorado.

IOW, who the fuck cares. Guess some dipshits aren't happy if the military actually conducts training.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:55:31 AM EDT
[#32]
I seem to recall there being a Naval Reserve SWC unit in that area, Special Boat Team 22 (SBT-22) I believe.

Of course, these are the secret Halliburton mercenaries planting charges to blow the levees again.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I seem to recall there being a Naval Reserve SWC unit in that area, Special Boat Team 22 (SBT-22) I believe.

Of course, these are the secret Halliburton mercenaries planting charges to blow the levees again.
View Quote

Better run quick. I think you just uncovered the plot and will soon disappear.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:57:52 AM EDT
[#34]
FEMA train boats.

It's happening.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:58:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Looks like some boats I don't want to fuck with
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:58:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Looks like SWCC
View Quote

yup

It amazes me someone could look at those boats and not realize they are military and the are probably training
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:58:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:59:21 AM EDT
[#38]
ZOMG I just saw 4  UNMARKED AC-130's  GUNSHIPS patroling the skies over MN!!!!
IS THIS THE NEW AMERIKA?!?!?!?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:00:50 PM EDT
[#39]
New Rambo movie?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:01:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Those boats are stationed at Stennis Center on the Pearl River about 25 water miles from where they were seen. Training I'm sure!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Every time I've gone to a range I've carried my rifle and wore battle rattle.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:02:09 PM EDT
[#42]
I guess I should have took videos of these guys jumping into the water so everyone would lose their shit.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:02:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

SBT 22

Special Boat Team-22 was established Oct. 2002 as a result of NSW-21 force restructure changes. The Team is located at the John C. Stennis Space Center in Mississippi. SBT-22 is comprised of SOCR, CAC and PBL combatant craft and deploys its SBDs regularly to Central America and South America and the Middle East. Because SBT-22 is now the only NSW Riverine unit it can be deployed to any riverine environment in the world.

Special Boat Team 22 began its history as Coastal River Divison-22 in 1972 in New Orleans La. In 1979 it became Special Boat Unit - 22. The Team's long history in Riverine warfare is distinguished in Counter-Narcotic Operations in Central and South America. SBT-22 was a frontline unit in IRAQI FREEDOM 2003 and continues to serve as a frontline unit in the Global War on Terrorism.

Monk

ETA:
Expended 50 cal. brass and links, can't train for real without trigger pulling.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:03:43 PM EDT
[#44]
SBT 22

I've gotten to play OPFOR for SBT before, stayed in their boathouse on San Clemente Island, etc... They gear up for all their transits and train along the way. Helmets are really useful on flat bottom river boats when you hit choppy water.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:03:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Have you ever tried to mount a hundred pound machine gun on a moving object?  ie a boat bobbing in the water?  Sounds like you don't know much about the subject you're commenting on....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have. Dumbass didn't lock the pintle, and the coxswain decided to jump a wake. The .50 fell off and hit the deck.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:04:12 PM EDT
[#46]
No worries, it's probably just Red Jacket changing the game
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
People's Front of Judea?
View Quote

Nope, it The Judean People's Front.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:05:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

SBT 22

Special Boat Team-22 was established Oct. 2002 as a result of NSW-21 force restructure changes. The Team is located at the John C. Stennis Space Center in Mississippi. SBT-22 is comprised of SOCR, CAC and PBL combatant craft and deploys its SBDs regularly to Central America and South America and the Middle East. Because SBT-22 is now the only NSW Riverine unit it can be deployed to any riverine environment in the world.

Special Boat Team 22 began its history as Coastal River Divison-22 in 1972 in New Orleans La. In 1979 it became Special Boat Unit - 22. The Team's long history in Riverine warfare is distinguished in Counter-Narcotic Operations in Central and South America. SBT-22 was a frontline unit in IRAQI FREEDOM 2003 and continues to serve as a frontline unit in the Global War on Terrorism.

http://www.warboats.org/images/jpg/GraySBT/031023-N-3953L-94.jpg
http://www.warboats.org/images/jpg/GrayAug/slideshow_pic6.jpg

Monk

Bad ass guys with bad ass toys.  

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:05:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People's Front of Judea?

People's Liberation Front for Judea.

Looks like revenuers. somebody like to brew their own around there?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#50]
FEMA boat
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top