Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2013 11:21:04 AM EDT
If you use their Creative Cloud services, yay.

Adobe said Thursday that it recently suffered a massive security breach which compromised the IDs, passwords, and credit card information of nearly three million customers.
"Our investigation currently indicates that the attackers accessed Adobe customer IDs and encrypted passwords on our systems. We also believe the attackers removed from our systems certain information relating to 2.9 million Adobe customers, including customer names, encrypted credit or debit card numbers, expiration dates, and other information relating to customer orders," Brad Arkin, Adobe's chief security officer, wrote in a security alert.
View Quote

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2425215,00.asp

Why do companies even put their customer info like this on systems connected live to the internet?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:22:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Thank God I haven't started using Cloud for my Xbox stuff yet.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:26:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Fortunately I have never bought an Adobe product.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#3]
And Adobe didn't send me an email about this because.... ?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:31:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fortunately I have never bought an Adobe product.
View Quote

I didn't realize people actually paid for Adobe products
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:33:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got a letter via snail mail, don't remember getting a email.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:35:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here, I just got it.

PRnewswire has been compromised via Adobe, and they're worried about fake releases going out from their customers.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:42:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Lol @ people paying for Adobe.

Er, nevermind.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

It happened roughly 3 weeks ago.

The emails went out from a noreply @ adobe address. I deleted mine before I read them, then noticed a story about it in the news.

They auto-updated everyone's account to needing a new log-in (looks like passwords were compromised too). Growing pains of going to a download only service I would guess. Since criminals now know all customer info is being transmitted online at some point with no in-store boxed product purchases anymore, Adobe effectively painted a giant bullseye on their back for scumbag hackers and such.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The emails went out from a noreply @ adobe address. I deleted mine before I read them, then noticed a story about it in the news.

They auto-updated everyone's account to needing a new log-in (looks like passwords were compromised too). Growing pains of going to a download only service I would guess. Since criminals now know all customer info is being transmitted online at some point with no in-store boxed product purchases anymore, Adobe effectively painted a giant bullseye on their back for scumbag hackers and such.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got the password thing on 10/9, but I had also just upgraded to the CC version of something from CS6, so I just assumed that was why. Never saw a word about the credit card.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:02:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I got the password thing on 10/9, but I had also just upgraded to the CC version of something from CS6, so I just assumed that was why. Never saw a word about the credit card.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was their attempt at keeping a shitstorm from developing. Even in their user forums, the announcement still looks more like an advertisement than an actual warning of any kind.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:03:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That was their attempt at keeping a shitstorm from developing. Even in their user forums, the announcement still looks more like an advertisement than an actual warning of any kind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shitstorm is when they don't let customers know quickly and only send out a paper mail that just arrived today, giving criminals several weeks to make charges on a company CC without anyone keeping an eye on it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, it appeared to me as if they were more afraid of the public relations issues than the actual customer info security.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Shitstorm is when they don't let customers know quickly and only send out a paper mail that just arrived today, giving criminals several weeks to make charges on a company CC without anyone keeping an eye on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldn't have done much for me anyway, today is my first day in the office after being on the road for two weeks. They want to move everyone away from physical media and charge them a subscription for software, but send out a snail mail announcement about an intrusion that effects credit cards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top