Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2013 10:52:21 AM EDT
Interesting article, particularly this point:

McInnes continued that he sees the anti-masculinity push as intrinsically anti-capitalist.

“There is a real latent anti-entrepreneurial ethos going on in America right now with the left and I don’t see it as annoying or unfashionable. I see it as a virus because it is ultimately anti-American.

“America is unique: it was built by entrepreneurs with grit, and when— what seems just like a bunch of pussies being beta-males and women are railing against people like me simply for defending traditional families, isn’t a small deal,” he said. “I think it’s a real latent anti-Americanism that, like a virus, starts small and can really hurt us,” he explained, adding that entrepreneurs should be seen as heroes.
View Quote

ETA: Link http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/23/godfather-of-hipsterdom-feminism-makes-women-miserable/
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:55:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting. I just saw this about women going to Bali to bang native dudes, whining about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq5Si3oSdkg
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:40:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmm... a thread about hipsters usually gets more attention than this...
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:42:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Dupe

No link get over it...
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:46:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Dang it, I searched with "godfather" and "hipsterdom" and nothing came up.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:55:22 AM EDT
[#5]
looks retarded.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:59:17 AM EDT
[#6]
That dude fucking killed it.

But consider this: Is having conservative values as a young person the new hipsterdom?

I was conservative before it was cool.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:04:48 PM EDT
[#7]
""I always describe New York as an elephant’s graveyard for ovaries,” he
said. "All these unhappy women, and I am talking about 100 percent of my
friends waiting too long and regretting it, and I’m not saying that you
have to have babies and you have to stay in the kitchen and you can’t
have a life. Nobody is saying that. That is a totally unreasonable thing
to say. That is a fascist, communist thing to enforce. All I am saying
is: Why are you trivializing such a miracle?”

from the linked article.

I've never heard of this guy before, but he's right in a lot of places.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:08:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Nailed it.          

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:14:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Very good article.  Forwarded the link to a bunch of friends.

Thanks.

My wife has a blog in which she expands on the positive aspects of living in our small town and escaping the shit that was the big city.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#10]
"Arianna Huffington is only rich because of her man entrepreneur husband.”
View Quote

Nailed it.  "Oh, I'm a big, bad, tough feminist.  So long as my husband pays the bills."
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very good article.  Forwarded the link to a bunch of friends.

Thanks.

My wife has a blog in which she expands on the positive aspects of living in our small town and escaping the shit that was the big city.
View Quote

I hate urban living as much as the next rural guy, and I live in a super small town (my graduating class was 32 people and all 12 grades were in the same building), the sucky part about rural living is the scorpions den that is the mothers involved with the school. There is so much gossip and underhandedness that it's disgusting.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting. I just saw this about women going to Bali to bang native dudes, whining about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq5Si3oSdkg
View Quote

In America they are called "bums".
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Not bad
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:11:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I had gone on a show to discuss masculinity and was ridiculed for saying men are more masculine than women. The left’s creative destruction puts single mothers on a pedestal while scoffing at traditional families. I believe this anti-machismo dogma is linked to anti-capitalism and is ultimately anti-American. I also think it’s a dangerous virus that threatens Western culture at its core. This country was not built by beta males.
View Quote
http://takimag.com/article/this_country_was_not_built_by_beta_males_gavin_mcinnes/

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#15]
tag
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:37:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I have no idea who the heck that guy is, but I'd definitely enjoy having a beer with him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top