Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2013 7:28:42 AM EDT
I recently started a shooting/cooking show. I'm looking to get as much criticism and suggestions as I can. I'm going for more entertaining approach and I've already got ideas for future episodes but I'm always open to more.

But enough of my rambling, have a watch for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bELEBopIGMo
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 7:30:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 7:31:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Not horrible, good info and fun. Could use better camera work and a bit better flow verbally, also just a bit to much with the dag  a quick snippet is good, that dancing went to far). Just my thoughts but a good base to work with.
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 7:32:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Love the time-lapse photography on the whisking of the lard and water.
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 7:34:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Love the time-lapse photography on the whisking of the lard and water.
View Quote

I WISH I had a place here where I could get some good beef lard.
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 7:35:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Firearms and food pair well together. There's always a gun nearby when I'm making a mess in the kitchen. Wouldn't feel right without it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 7:40:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Your wedding ring looks to be about  2 sizes too big.
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 7:42:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a half size big according to my jewelry lady. Gotta go big with tungsten in case someone needs to take it off in an emergency. Which I've already had happen...twice :(
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 7:56:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Cool idea, but it seems like two unrelated videos.  One about guns, and one about cooking.  Both were decent videos, but I was expecting you to mix it up, and talk about the gun as you were cooking.  That might be a challenge since you don't want to get food all over your gun, and you don't want to wash your hands 16 times because you just touched your gun and now you need clean hands to prep the food again.  Maybe you could get a helper/hand model.  At the very least, you gotta finish it with a classic dinner pic!

Other than that, better camera quality would be my main suggestion.
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 8:03:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Elbows are too pointy
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 8:10:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Put a hand towel under that cutting board before you lose a finger and sharpen your knives.
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 8:13:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Cool idea, but it seems like two unrelated videos.  One about guns, and one about cooking.  Both were decent videos, but I was expecting you to mix it up, and talk about the gun as you were cooking.  That might be a challenge since you don't want to get food all over your gun, and you don't want to wash your hands 16 times because you just touched your gun and now you need clean hands to prep the food again.  Maybe you could get a helper/hand model.  At the very least, you gotta finish it with a classic dinner pic!

Other than that, better camera quality would be my main suggestion.
View Quote

I'm shooting at 720p, I just need to come up with a better lighting solution for sure. Future episodes won't be as lopsided in length, I didn't realize just how much time cooking would take, as I don't typically do it on the clock.

Next episode will most likely be "AR-15s and Stand-Mixers"
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:40:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:49:32 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd totally be on board for a gun talk/HEALTHY cooking/fitness type show

Too many knuckleheads around here going to think they're operators yelling "Molon Labe" when the time comes but have trouble walking their fat asses to the sporting goods section at the back of the walmart...but anyways...

I'll check em out later, props to you for doing something like this
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:18:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'd totally be on board for a gun talk/HEALTHY cooking/fitness type show

Too many knuckleheads around here going to think they're operators yelling "Molon Labe" when the time comes but have trouble walking their fat asses to the sporting goods section at the back of the walmart...but anyways...

I'll check em out later, props to you for doing something like this
View Quote

Im trying to stick to healthy-ish without crossing into granola land. Just good food that Ive always enjoyed with other people. I probably wont get into Paula Deen BUTTER EVERYWHERE territory(at least not too often).

I hadnt thought about the fitness aspect though, Ill certainly try to work that in where it makes sense in the future.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:48:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Good job, keep it up!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top