Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2002 8:25:28 PM EDT
I have wanted to ask this girl out from work or should I say woman. She is 31 and I am 23. I do not know if she has a boyfriend or not and, but every time I have seen her outside of work she is alone. I need some tips!
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Just walk up to her and tell her that you would like to know her better and ask if she's available for lunch.  You'll find out real quick if you have a shot.
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 8:47:13 PM EDT
[#3]
just talk to her and get to know her and go from there..

I have some "lady friends" at work.  Two of them wear rings as though there are married.  This is just to keep the wolves at bay.  This came to me per my new policy; "friends".  You get to find out a lot more this way (IMHO).  I've already 'weeded-out' a few this way, but keep in contact with them as though nothing happened.  This process may take longer, but always keep this in mind: [blue] Girls have friends, and they talk.[/blue]  [:)]

[i]I gotta add this, one of them has a sister.  She was telling me about her.  it went something like this (I SWEAR!)
my sister is very nice, she's a widow.....
(me) ~~...what happened?
her boyfriend before she got married passed away...
Her husband also passed away. I should introduce you to her....
View Quote

[shock]  gee thanks  (I guess you had to be there, it was f'n funny)
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Well the only problem I have is that we work in two different departments. She works in the administration department and I work in the Court house so, I only see her when I have to run paper work over there and, I don't have much time to stop and talk.
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 9:01:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just ask her if she swallows on a first date--you'll quickly learn where you stand.  [}:D]
View Quote

LOL!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 9:07:34 PM EDT
[#7]
"I was wondering if you would be interested in going out to diner?", seems to work quite well.
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 9:14:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Sheesh...be a MAN! Expose yourself to her. As others have mentioned, you'll learn quickly where you stand.

cynic
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 9:18:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
"I was wondering if you would be interested in going out to diner?", seems to work quite well.
View Quote

...and maybe a movie sometime.

Give it a shot. Worst thing she can do is say "no" and you'll be in exactly the same position; without a date.

Let us know how it goes.
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 9:19:50 PM EDT
[#10]
How about I have been watching you from afar,and now I just have to ask you would you like to have coffee?  And If she digs you as well she might say no I don't drink coffee but you can buy me a coke!

Just tell her what you really mean,you will or won't get to know her soon!

The rest is up to you!  Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 9:28:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This process may take longer, but always keep this in mind: [blue] Girls have friends, and they talk.[/blue]  [:)]
View Quote

Yes, but you have to be careful how you get them to talk. You can just show your hand immediately and interrogate her friend(s)(see corollary below), or try to gather intel more gradually in a way that won't reveal your interest.

Remember this corollary: Assume that anything you say to the friend can and will be relayed to the target.

Good luck...the chase is always the best part.
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 9:58:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Post from dbrowne1 -
Good luck...the chase is always the best part.
View Quote

What the...? No, the best part is when you knock the ball outta the park!

If you get my drift...you know...the 'home run'!

You will look back fondly on the drive to the ballpark, but the home run was the reason you came!

(There's a gem in there somewhere.)

Eric The(UnlessMyMemoryFailsMe...)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 11:09:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Let me tell you a thing or two, sonny.

I was pretty close to your age(I was 25) when I got hooked up with a 40 YO woman. I went out with her on a lark, I thought it would be funny. Sorta give the old broad some of the young stuff. Joke was on me. It was great. From that minute on, I stayed away from younger women and have NEVER looked back.

ASK HER OUT BY ALL MEANS!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 1:40:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Geeze, do what I do, follow her around, take pictures of her, place video cams in her house, bug her car.
Shoot, in know time you'll know everything about her...
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks guys. I will let everyone know what happens.
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 9:31:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top