User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2002 9:02:04 AM EDT
100% of precincts reporting

Question 2: Ban Same-Sex Marriages
Yes 67%    No 33%

Question 9: Marijuana Possession
No 61%    Yes 39%

Question 2: The proposed amendment, if passed, would create a new section to Article 1 of the Nevada Constitution providing that, "Only a marriage between a male and female person shall be recognized and given effect in this state."

Question 9: The proposed amendment to the Nevada Constitution would amend sections of the Nevada Constitution that currently authorize the use of marijuana for medical purposes. The proposed amendment would allow any persons who has attained the age of 21 years to use or possess three ounces or less of marijuana without being subject to arrest, civil or criminal penalty or seizure, or forfeiture of assets.
The constitutional amendment also requires the Legislature to provide or maintain penalties for driving dangerously or operating heavy machinery while under the influence of marijuana; for distributing or selling marijuana to persons under age 21 years; for persons under the age of 21 years using and possessing marijuana; for using marijuana in a vehicle or public place; and for distributing, selling, using or possessing marijuana on the premises of a jail, prison, or public school.

The proposal also requires establishment of a system of regulation for the cultivation, taxation, sale and distribution of marijuana, including the distribution of marijuana at low cost to those medically authorized to use it. Under this system, all advertising of marijuana is prohibited. The purchase of marijuana from licensed establishments is authorized under this proposal. The transportation of marijuana in or out of state is prohibited unless federal law permits such transport. The license fees and taxes at wholesale are proposed to be the same as those for cigarettes and tobacco related products, respectively. The retail sales tax for marijuana is proposed to be the same as those of other products generally.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 9:06:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder why a place so freedom loving would still have these old school lame stances.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 9:08:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Good for them,it's about time the law looked more like what most people really think.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 9:09:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Since when has the majority been right about anything?
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 9:18:04 AM EDT
[#4]
so you also want bans on public smoking and fines for not wearing helmets on bicycles?
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 9:25:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 10:10:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm proud of my fellow Nevadans who voted YES on 2.   We're pro family/pro guns here in Nevada.  
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#7]
You guys trust your fellow Nevadans who choose to walk around town with an FA MP5, but don't trust your fellow Nevadans who choose to suck dick for the rest of their lives?

None of us deserve to have the state interfere with our choice of partner. How would you like if you were barred from legally marrying your fiancee because she is say... disabled or they found a hereditary disease in her genes. Afterall, you can argue that its abnormal or will be bad for society etc.

State laws wanting to regulate your state of mind? Talk about being violated.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 3:53:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You guys trust your fellow Nevadans who choose to walk around town with an FA MP5, but don't trust your fellow Nevadans who choose to suck dick for the rest of their lives?

None of us deserve to have the state interfere with our choice of partner. How would you like if you were barred from legally marrying your fiancee because she is say... disabled or they found a hereditary disease in her genes. Afterall, you can argue that its abnormal or will be bad for society etc.

View Quote

Fag!

Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:17:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Feel free to suck all the dick you want.  Just don't expect Nevadans to formally approve gay "marriages" because some people want them.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:30:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree...it's none of the government's business.  What happens between those individuals is between them and God.  It's not the government's place to come in and tell people how to live their lives.  And I'm not just talking about homosexuality.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:41:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I wonder why a place so freedom loving would still have these old school lame stances.
View Quote

Because freedom is old school.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:51:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you trying to tell us something?  Been in the closet too long?
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:59:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't think its so much that NV wants to control whose dick you suck, but other things are at work here.  First of all, this measure was to force NV to legally recognize gay marriage from other states even though it was rejected in NV.  Another thing is that a lot of these domestic partner things are really about money ( like SF city employees now covered under health insurance for sex change operations and other financial benefits).

Another thing that turns people off about these things is the militant gay activist 'in your face' agenda which they try to push on us, i.e. trying to force 'heather has two mommies' into kindergarden.

However, like I said, NV doesn't care who you blow.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 8:07:52 AM EDT
[#14]
You are missing the point of this proposal. We in Nevada for the most part anyway, don't care who's doing what to whom. That's not what this is about. It's about making sure we don't have to pay for somebody's butt buddy's benefits. Do you really think any of the homo crowd really care about having a legally certified marriage. They just want the legal rights i.e. money in the form of benefits that come with it. Those benefits are for the protection of families as they are designed by God and society and not to be handed out to whatever degenerate decides he or she is entitled to them. We are already paying enough for the irresponsible behavior of these people in the form of higher insurance rates. If you smoke one cigar or cigarette in 12 months you pay higher insurance rates but if you have unprotected anal sex with known HIV carriers you pay the same rate as anyone else. Who do you think is subsidizing this?
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 8:08:59 AM EDT
[#15]
As far as the dope issue. If you want to smoke dope just go to California.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 8:39:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Since when has the majority been right about anything?
View Quote

Nobody cares if you think it's right the majority get the last word in America on these type of laws.
If your not ok with that then I bet you a France can work something out,they seen to like mis-fits a wing nuts.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 9:25:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Yes. We are harsh. If you want a lifestyle like the kind available in California,then by all means go to California. If you wish to live like we do, come here. Just leave your Bullshit stupidity when you cross the state line. I am surprised that question 9 failed, but it goes to show that just because you are surrounded by people who believe one way, not everyone else in your state does (or they are too stupid/lazy/stoned to vote).
Question 2 allows Nevada to set the definition of MARRIAGE. Homosexuality is not illegal. Smooch all the pickles you want. You just can't marry someone of the same sex. Just as you can't marry a sheep, despite the strong Basque lobby here.Why would we pass a law like this? Because we are tired of foreigners (CALIFORNIANS!!!) coming here and f**king up our state. They move to an agricultural area and complain about cowshit. They complain that wild horses are eating their roses. They complain that there is nothing to do here. Do we hate gays? Some do. Some say love the sinner,hate the sin. Some, like me, don't give a goodgoddamn what you do, but keep your faggotry off of me and my kids. I don't push my straight lifestyle on them.If that's harsh, so be it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top