Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2013 6:09:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:14:55 PM EDT
[#1]
We switched to MetLIfe after watching our rates climb with Farmers for over 15 years. Jumping to MetLife with increased home and auto coverage saved us over $1200.00 per year compared to Farmers. Contact an insurance broker to see what companies can give you equal or better coverage for less than what you pay now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:36:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Tread carefully. Most insurance companies offer low " teaser" rates to get you to switch. If you do this, you will see a huge spike in your rates in the coming years. So much so that you will regret making the move. You do not want to get a flag on you as a policy jumper, as this will bring higher rates in coming years when you try to get away from increasing rate patterns. I've seen it happen MANY times.

Get yourself a good agent and stick with a good company!
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:42:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tread carefully. Most insurance companies offer low " teaser" rates to get you to switch. If you do this, you will see a huge spike in your rates in the coming years. So much so that you will regret making the move. You do not want to get a flag on you as a policy jumper, as this will bring higher rates in coming years when you try to get away from increasing rate patterns. I've seen it happen MANY times.

View Quote

Worked at MetLife sold their auto and home.  This^^. Find a broker shop around every few years!
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Worked at MetLife sold their auto and home.  This^^. Find a broker shop around every few years!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?  guy above you says "stick with a good company" and you say "This. find a broker shop around every few years"

not the same....
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Have had them for over 4 years.  

Every year I look for something cheaper, i can't find it.  

Had a couple auto claims.  Wife killed a deer with her car, 07 Audi.  
We picked the body shop and they paid the bill.  No questions asked.  

I get pissed at them, for no other reason than I pay them money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top