Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/11/2013 3:07:13 PM EDT
It's from MSNBC, but it quotes the law, word for word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxzff9_rJ6s

This should have been a win for the GOP this year.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 3:38:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup.  Cuccinelli is an idiot to run on a moral platform as a Republican.  Does he really think that his supporting constituents want him determining what they do in their bedroom?  They want more government, more intrusion?

The man is a flippin moron.

Unfortunately, Terry McAuliffe is still the greater of two evils, so I'm gonna grit my teeth and vote for Cuccinelli anyway.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Cuccinelli has done a lot of things right as AG...starting with filing suit against Obamacare.  He's been very good on guns.  This Soros/WaPo  attack isn't going to dissuade me from sending him $$$ and giving him my vote.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 3:56:43 PM EDT
[#3]
^^ Yup.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#4]
The Old Coal Cities are FSA now
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bullshit, he is talking about adults and minor s.some of you here seem to WANT old terry to win.one more paranoid democrats are gonna take virginia thread
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:10:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Cuccinelli has got to win. This is a state by state fight for survival of our 2nd Amendment rights. I lived in Norfolk for many years and live just over the border in NC now, so have a personal interest in who wins there. Most of my firearms purchases (long guns) and gun show attendance is all in Tidewater.

Todays Drudge Report highlighted the fact that Mayor Bloomberg is personally involved with McAullife in bringing gun control to Virginia modeled after New York state's.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/11/Bloomberg-May-Be-Courting-McAuliffe-to-Bring-More-Gun-Control-to-Virginia

That revelation/article awoke me to send Cuccinelli money. I really can't afford it, but I will be sending money to his campaign. I just wish I could vote up there.

Cuccinelli.Com

There is a thread on this over in the Virginia Hometown Forum.

I posted here in "GD" in hope that those here would contribute to Cuccinelli's campaign. If Virginia falls, this will just embolden the anti-gunners.

The best thing though is to tell Bloomberg and his carpetbagging buddy McAuliffe what they can do with their anti gun crap.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:12:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Virginians need to fight as hard if not harder than CO has.  You guys need to kick some asses
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:15:07 PM EDT
[#9]
You guys are my escape plan.  Don't fuck it up.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:16:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Lawrence O'Donnell? Really?
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Is there anybody in this thread who would prefer, say, Lindsey Graham or John McCain to Ken Cuccinelli?
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yup.  Cuccinelli is an idiot to run on a moral platform as a Republican.  Does he really think that his supporting constituents want him determining what they do in their bedroom?  They want more government, more intrusion?

Unfortunately, Terry McAuliffe is still the greater of two evils, so I'm gonna grit my teeth and vote for Cuccinelli anyway.
View Quote

often that is all they possess.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:20:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Cuccinelli has done a lot of things right as AG...starting with filing suit against Obamacare.  He's been very good on guns.  This Soros/WaPo  attack isn't going to dissuade me from sending him $$$ and giving him my vote.
View Quote

Amen.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:23:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Where has Cuccinelli run on morals?  All I hear is about the economy.....

Good lord, they are arguing about a law that was still in effect during how many Democrat governors?
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
Ditto.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Lawrence O'Donnell is a fucking dick head of the highest order.  As noted by several people, the sodomy law can not be applied to consenting adults because how the Supreme Court Ruled in the Texas case.

Funny, how democrats will rant and rave about consenting acts between adults, yet have no problems telling those very same adults how much they can make, or what sort of services they can provide.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:28:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Dont worry folks, the low info voters, 3rd party idiots, and FSA will ensure a win for mcaluffie and VA will fall like MD and CO did, plus it will embolden the lefties for 2016.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Dont worry folks, the low info voters, 3rd party idiots, and FSA will ensure a win for mcaluffie and VA will fall like MD and CO did, plus it will embolden the lefties for 2016.
View Quote
Even if he wins I doubt there's enough support in the state congress to pass any gun control legislation. Colorado will scare too many off of it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:31:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Even if he wins I doubt there's enough support in the state congress to pass any gun control legislation. Colorado will scare too many off of it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You're assuming that we don't lose any GA seats.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:31:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

BTW. This guy, whoever he is, completely lies. Cuccinelli is not, "fighting to keep the law alive."

My understanding is that everyone, including Cuccinelli, acknowledges that he section he is reading is struck down by Lawrence vs. Texas, BUT the full law has other provisions that are not addressed by that SCOTUS ruling. There was a filing to the SCOTUS, from some attorney group, (the State Attorney Office? - I don't remember) for clarification on what is struck and what is not.

If you think Cuccinelli is trying to outlaw anal sex or blojobs... well... I honestly think you are believing a myth.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#21]
I still continue to look 100 miles down 81 as my escape plan.  It's not just guns.  McAwfull will probably make it impossible to do business in this state.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Amen.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Amen.

+1 fuck McAuliffe

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I still continue to look 100 miles down 81 as my escape plan.  It's not just guns.  McAwfull will probably make it impossible to do business in this state.
View Quote

I have been in FL all week, I love VA but I have forgotten how much I like FL. It would take a lot to get me to move away though. I would likely move to Hillsborough County, I have a cousin there already.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#24]
lots of butt hurt in this thread
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:45:33 PM EDT
[#25]
It's why our country will fail.  Somewhere along the line, we lost our morals...so we decided to legislate them.  Or perhaps we tried to legislate them first...then we lost them.  Either way, neither has anything to do with governing our country.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:46:37 PM EDT
[#26]
We've [my family] has been here for a long goddamn time.  We've fought the Indians, the British, (twice) and the Yankees.  Fuck a democrat, I'm not going anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:59:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It's why our country will fail.  Somewhere along the line, we lost our morals...so we decided to legislate them.  Or perhaps we tried to legislate them first...then we lost them.  Either way, neither has anything to do with governing our country.
View Quote

HOLY FUCK,!!, l,, IS ANYBODY READING THIS TREAD.? Cuchinelli cant do shit! This is all liberal bullshit to scare the voters!
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:02:14 PM EDT
[#28]
McAuliffe is from New York, carpetbagger.   He said that guns should be used for hunting and skeet shooting but other uses should be restricted.

Terry McAuliffe, the Democratic gubernatorial nominee in Virginia, has been carefully hiding his pro-gun control stance with the media during his campaign. However, he did tell Breitbart News in August that it does not matter that crime is going down in Virginia while gun sales are soaring at the same time.  

McAuliffe issued a statement calling for a new assault-weapons ban, a rule to curb gun purchases by Virginians to one gun a month

"I continue to believe that there are mainstream restrictions on dangerous weapons that we can agree on including: renewal of the Assault Weapons Ban, passage of bipartisan legislation to strengthen background checks, and re-implementation of Virginia's one-gun-a-month rule," he said.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:02:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
+1 fuck McAuliffe  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen.

+1 fuck McAuliffe  

Cuccinelli has my vote.  I've personally seen him speak and was impressed.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:03:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Also funny about how the media ignores McAwfull's crony-capitalism and government bailout money.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:05:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You guys are my escape plan.  Don't fuck it up.
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:05:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is everyone here a defeatist?
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:06:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Also funny about how the media ignores McAwfull's crony-capitalism and government bailout money.
View Quote

Isnt he and Hillary, s brother still under federal investigation? The guy is a notorious crook.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:07:47 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell that to folks who live in NY and elsewhere.

If they have a gun ban here in this state, and if they make this state tough to do business in, just what reasons do I have in staying when there's a perfectly good place to live just 100 miles away that doesn't have the same bullshit?
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm voting libertarian.  Fuck the GOP with a rusty rake until they quit nominating theocratic fucks.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:08:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I still think that had Uncle Joe Biden gotten half the coverage Sarah Palin got we'd have an R in the white house.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where are you getting that from? That's not his platform at all. Show me where he's out campaigning for anything like what you're saying.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm voting libertarian.  Fuck the GOP with a rusty rake until they quit nominating theocratic fucks.
View Quote

Yea that will show them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:12:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Where are you getting that from? That's not his platform at all. Show me where he's out campaigning for anything like what you're saying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't fucking matter if he's not campaigning on it.  What everyone here fails to fucking realize is that all it takes is for ANY conservative candidate to say ANYTHING that will make a juicy soundbite and they are PERMAFUCKED.  Remember Paula Deen's trial by media for something that she said 30 years ago?  PERCEPTION is EVERYTHING when you have a liberal media.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote
Dude.  Where is Cuccinelli doing anything that's theocratic?

Ask yourself why this has come up after he's been AG for the last 4 years.  If he was as you say, then where are the prosecutions for him throwing people into jail for consensual blow jobs?  It's not there.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#41]
It's amazing how Democrats have absolutely no compunctions about voting for crooks.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:16:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Lawrence O'Donnel is a HUGE POS.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:17:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

OP. Instead of the truth and supporting the NRA A+ rated ticket, op spreads lies for the anti gun demorats.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:19:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yea that will show them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea that will show them.

It had better!

They had better god damn learn!!!!!

If not, we will lose more elections!
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:19:41 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm not a huge fan of Cuccinelli, but I'm not willing to fuck myself by not giving him my vote. Not voting for him is only going to hurt Virginia. The Clintons and Bloomberg want this one badly. How often has Bloomberg blamed VA for guns in NY. Wake up.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:20:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'm not a huge fan of Cuccinelli, but I'm not willing to fuck myself by not giving him my vote. Not voting for him is only going to hurt Virginia. The Clintons and Bloomberg want this one badly. How often has Bloomberg blamed VA for guns in NY. Wake up.
View Quote

You had better not fuck yourself.....

Or anyone else for that matter.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:22:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If they have a gun ban here in this state, and if they make this state tough to do business in, just what reasons do I have in staying when there's a perfectly good place to live just 100 miles away that doesn't have the same bullshit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell that to the people in Illinois. Stop being a pussy and fight back against these things. Don't just give up and hide in a hole about it. Virginia had the deadliest mass shooting in the history of this country and never had an assault weapons ban. That shooting was an example of why these laws would never do anything. There's not the public support for it and no one will commit political suicide by trying to instate it. There's not even support for the full background checks. Get real about it. You're just a paranoid old man more than likely.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:24:07 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm voting for him. I've had the opportunity to meet him at small roundtable discussions and believe he is a good man with strong morals. He's a good shot too. He shot on one of our teams at the Boyscout annual skeet competition near Richmond this year. I'm going to be hunting dove with him in a couple weeks and look forward to talking with him.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:24:53 PM EDT
[#49]
ITT: Republicans continue to miss the point.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

OP. Instead of the truth and supporting the NRA A+ rated ticket, op spreads lies for the anti gun demorats.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What lies?

I am lying when I tell you that we lost the United States Senate seat in the state of Missouri to "legitimate rape"?

I didn't cause that!!!!

The fucking fool who won the GOP nomination caused that.

You don't like????

You don't like losing?

Then do something about it!!!  

Nominate someone worth a fuck!!!!!

Don't come in my thread and shout personal insults at me, because your upset with the polling in an election where you nominated dumbass.

If what's being said about this guy in the press is not true, then why does he not defend himself and his position?

Feel free to post a video of him clarifying his position, but don't say that I'm lying when you know damn well that I'm not.

I'm an NRA life member and I can prove that!!!!

Can you?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top