Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2002 3:34:25 PM EDT
[url]http://www.circlevision.org/alliantaction/atk/products/oicw/aainfo1oicw.html[/url]

..hilarious :)
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#1]
These assmunchers are WAY too close to me.

I should go over there and join them some Wednesday morning...Just to shake their hands after applying some OC "lotion" to my hands!
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 3:45:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Yah, now not only do street thugs have RPG's, LAW's, Vulcan cannons, and light artilery, but now a OICW? What is the world comming to??!?!
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Ban the OICW!  It's for the children!

Because when the criminals get their hands on this new superweapon, chaos will rule!  Because as we all know, criminals are willing to spend as much on a rifle as they are on a car, and have access to classified and restriced state of the art military hardware.  Hey, it happened in a movie, it must be true!  Those criminals ALWAYS go with the rifle, not the cheap sawed off shotgun, right?  

What a bunch of dumbasses.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#5]
OMG. There is only like ONE in existance and the bad guys have it? OMG BAN ALL THE GUNS!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#7]
That's old information.  The "defense" budget is up to over $350B.  Who knows what education is up to.  Both are an egregious waste of taxpayers' money.  I can't believe the educrats would even try to seize the moral high ground since public education is a near total failure and it's like giving a transfusion to someone who is bleeding to death--it only forestalls the inevitable.  Unless you stop the bleeding, you won't save the patient.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Personally, I've got a JSF on order through my FFL.

What are these people smoking and where can I get it?
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Someones been watching too many movies... as in the bad guys in 'Eraser' and the rail gun. The bad guys in 'Robocop' withe the souped-up Barretts¹ (first Barrett I ever saw [:)]).
The bad guys in 'Showtime' with whatever the fuck they had...etc.

¹Memorable quote: One particulary scumy looking guy is handed a Barrett, points it at a car about 50' away, pulls the trigger and the car disintegrates in a spectacular explosion then exclaims with glee... "I [b]like[/b] it!
(of course according to Hollywood even a modest .22 revolver will turn any car into a fireball)
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 7:53:29 PM EDT
[#10]
How can you people even read that small print??
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 8:16:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe some of us haven't ruined our eyesight as much as you have fox.  Take a break man.

[:D]

TXLEWIS
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe it'll be a _good_ thing if the criminals get ahold of a OICW.  While their diddl'ng around trying to use the laser range finder-telescopic sight some good guy will just walk up to them & bust a cap in their ass using a fixed sight snub-nosed .38 Special.  The only experiance I've had with the OICW is the SOF computer game but jeez! what a POS.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 2:53:35 PM EDT
[#13]
[b]It's an indiscriminate weapon, illegal under all interantional laws.[/b]

I love that line. I thought it was wrong to discriminate.......... But seriously are most of the weapons in use equipped with an artificial conscience? NO they aren't

[b]What will happen when criminals get this weapon? How can our peace officer or you be safe on our streets?[/b]

Ummm, yeah, If criminals have guns I would prefer it to be this one. 10" 5.56 barrel, not too effective. Those grenades probably take computer smarts to work..........in the hands of ciminals.......HA HA.

Where would a criminal hide that monstrosity? WHERE?

Of course if criminals have these........does the phrase level playing field mean anything [:)]

Seriously even if these were available I suspect the same people who buy .50 BMG rifles, or NFA MG's, would be the ones buying them. We all know how many .50 BMG's, and NFA MG's have been used in crimes don'we. For that matter AW's are statistically less likelt to be used in crimes than other firearms.

Next time some dufus pops off that his shotgun, that he hunts with, is nothing like an AW......... Tell him he is right, shotguns are far more likely to be used in a crime than AW. No one needs a semi- or pump shotgun to hunt with..........
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 3:17:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Hell, if they can get the OICW to work I say let them have it! How many years and millions of dollars did the government pour into that POS failure?

Kyle
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Maybe it'll be a _good_ thing if the criminals get ahold of a OICW.  While their diddl'ng around trying to use the laser range finder-telescopic sight some good guy will just walk up to them & bust a cap in their ass using a fixed sight snub-nosed .38 Special.  The only experiance I've had with the OICW is the SOF computer game but jeez! what a POS.  
View Quote

A $10k high-tech computerized POS and they still have to put a bayonet lug on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top