Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2002 7:53:00 AM EDT
This is my poorly eloquated opinion on something I've been thinking about lately.

These days, a few things are priced beyond reach of the dregs of our great country.

I find this perfectly fine. For instance...

Housing...Would you want a Third World cesspool family living next door to you? If housing was cheap, we would all be living next door to a family with 12 delinquent kids...All of them eying your 15 year old daughter.

Automobiles...Would you want every poor dirtbag driving drunk or high in a Corvette or other high performance car next to you? Im sure it wouldnt be insured, no matter how cheap the insurance. A dreg will always "drive it like he stole it".

Guns...It would be a sad thing if all gangbangers could afford REALLY nice (accurate/dependable) firearms...(on a Devils Advocate note, if guns were a lot less expensive, there might be more interest in them from good people who just have less money, but I digress)

Quality musical instruments...Just imagine, a world with music that sucks more than rap.

Tools...Smart people buy high quality tools. If quality tools were cheap, we would have idiots trying to fix things that they have NO BUSINESS trying to fix, such as the cheap Corvette that they side-swiped your Ferrari with.

Politicians...Goddamnit...The poor dregs have bought all of the Democrats...I guess the cheap vote from a poor scumbag is worth a lot these days...

I guess my theory is flawed. Back to the drawing board.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top