Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2002 2:37:54 PM EDT
I have had an on and off pattern with Guns and American Handgunner after Dean Spier let the cat out of the bag about the story spikings for crappy guns for those who promise good ad buys.

Last month Ayoob told the truth about Smiths new fancy custom S&W 45ACP wheel gun, and fact that it can't hit the target at 50 yards and patterns shotgun style at 25. I was feeling okay about the magazines, then I saw this month's issue.

One of the cover articles in Guns is about the Savage 110 and how it is a great bargain hunting rifle.

I read the article and learn 1) that the author didn't shoot the gun pictured, and 2) didn't really shoot any Savage much, and 3) the one he did shoot is years old and belongs to a friend's kid, and 4) the premise of the article (that the Savages are good guns) is based on the fact that said friend's son got a animal during a hunt with one.

I don't think a subscription re-up is in my future.

Do they think we gun readers are stupid, or do they just like spitting in our faces?
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 2:53:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I havent rea the article. But if its as you say and the author did not shoot/test any rifles then thats bad reporting. But if he shot it and thought it was a good buy, so what. I like Savage guns. The 110 package gun is a straight shooter no frills gun. Perfect for entry/mid level hunter. Change out the scope and you have one hell of a gun that you dont have to worry bout beating up in the field
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top