Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2013 4:37:15 PM EDT
I recently purchased a new GeForce GTX 760 video card that supports pci express 3.0 but my motherboard
only has 2.0 so it's not working to its full potential however I can't seem to find any amd motherboards that
have it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:40:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I recently purchased a new GeForce GTX 760 video card that supports pci express 3.0 but my motherboard

only has 2.0 so it's not working to its full potential however I can't seem to find any amd motherboards that

have it.
View Quote
A GTX 760 isn't saturating PCIE2.0 Bandwidth.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:42:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:44:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree with the posters above that there isn't a current need for PCIE 3.0, but if you want one anyway, ASUS makes one. Here it is on Newegg.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:45:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

have it.
View Quote

Yeah it is.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:47:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think AMD has been putting much of a rush on this because...
A.  There is no real advantage for most single-card setups.
B.  I believe the bandwidth limitations of HT3.0 are a problem(edit: if you actually have enough stuff to consume that amount of bandwidth which you probably don't).
Though, to answer your question - http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_990FXGEN3_R20

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:52:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
have it.

That I didn't know. I just heard 3.0 is double the bandwidth as 2.0 so I wanted in on that action.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:00:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That I didn't know. I just heard 3.0 is double the bandwidth as 2.0 so I wanted in on that action.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

have it.

For perspective, SLI Titans @5760 x1200 on PCIE3.0 has at most a gain of 2-5% FPS over PCIE2.0, and in most scenarios 0%.  

I have a Titan on PCIE2.0 and it definitely isn't being bottle-necked by the PCIE2.0 bus.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:01:17 PM EDT
[#8]
It's worth noting that the board linked above does not natively support PCIE 3.0.  They threw in a bridge chip to add 3.0 support so because of this, and other limitations, I don't think you'll see the full potential of PCIE 3.0 on this board with a card setup that would actually use all that bandwidth.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:01:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Yup 2-5% loss at most, I wouldn't worry about it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top