Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 1:45:11 PM EDT
In the first place, they send me something either via email or actual hard copy 3-4 times a week trying to get me to subscribe to their pissy-ass U-Verse - which I have no desire for. I used to have their DSL service, so I guess they think they own me.

So they deploy guys all over the neighborhood today, going door to door to sign people up for their "new fiber optic" internet service. Interesting, since Verizon has the only fiber optic lines in the area.

So I asked the guy, are you using Verizon's FO cable? No, he insists. So whose cable are you using? Ours, he says. So when did you lay that cable? I ask him.

He then starts looking a little uneasy, and says, well it's coax "from the premises to your house". My house IS my premises, I tell him. So where's AT&T's cable? Well, he says, it's in the area. No it's not, I tell him. I haven't seen anyone digging up any ground around here to lay cable, and no one has been stringing overhead cable, so AT&T has no cable in this area.

Now he starts trying to change the subject. Who is your provider, he asks. None of your business, I tell him. But you still don't have any FO cable in this area, so quit lying about it.

Now he gets crazy and says their fiber optic is faster than Verizon's, and it's $60/mo cheaper. Oh, really? Verizon is only $60 for 15 MB, so it CAN'T be $60 cheaper. He chokes. What speed can you offer?, I ask.  24 megs, he lies. Interesting, I tell him, since the change from fiber optic to coax is going to reduce the bandwidth, and the longer the distance from their mystery node to my house the slower it's going to be. 24 megs ain't gonna happen.

He starts to blubber on about something else, and I tell him to go away and shut the door.

I'm getting to where I hate these people. They're so desperate to sign people up for internet service that they'll lie like the dogs they are. Are they like this everywhere?

/rant
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:47:54 PM EDT
[#1]
My upload speed frequently goes to 1 byte and I have their best package. You've got it easy.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:48:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Uverse is cheaper and faster than AT+T DSL.

But keep on keeping on.  I am sure it has taken you far in life.

PS:  I hate AT+T with a passion.  But this is still an ignorant CSB.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#3]
The trick to getting good service with AT&T is to pay more. I think at about the $2000/mo. range you should start seeing an improvement.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:52:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Thread title again.
I think you despise a young man gainfully employed trying to make a living, as opposed to some FSA guy sucking the government teat.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:53:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

No no. I haven't had DSL in years. I currently have TW cable internet and get about 25-30 MBps down.

These bozos are trying to sell U-Verse, and they're telling any lies they can to get people signed on. I know U-verse is fiber up to a point, but then they radiate copper wire out to the end users, causing the effective bandwidth to throttle down. They're trying to snooker people into thinking they have fiber  right up to the house like VZ does.

It just irks me that they're such douches.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thread title again.
I think you despise a young man gainfully employed trying to make a living, as opposed to some FSA guy sucking the government teat.
View Quote

Heh. No, I despise young men going around lying like aluminum siding salesmen. They're really pushy trying to sell U-Verse and I kind of enjoy ringing their bell.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In the first place, they send me something either via email or actual hard copy 3-4 times a week trying to get me to subscribe to their pissy-ass U-Verse - which I have no desire for. I used to have their DSL service, so I guess they think they own me.

So they deploy guys all over the neighborhood today, going door to door to sign people up for their "new fiber optic" internet service. Interesting, since Verizon has the only fiber optic lines in the area.

So I asked the guy, are you using Verizon's FO cable? No, he insists. So whose cable are you using? Ours, he says. So when did you lay that cable? I ask him.

He then starts looking a little uneasy, and says, well it's coax "from the premises to your house". My house IS my premises, I tell him. So where's AT&T's cable? Well, he says, it's in the area. No it's not, I tell him. I haven't seen anyone digging up any ground around here to lay cable, and no one has been stringing overhead cable, so AT&T has no cable in this area.

Now he starts trying to change the subject. Who is your provider, he asks. None of your business, I tell him. But you still don't have any FO cable in this area, so quit lying about it.

Now he gets crazy and says their fiber optic is faster than Verizon's, and it's $60/mo cheaper. Oh, really? Verizon is only $60 for 15 MB, so it CAN'T be $60 cheaper. He chokes. What speed can you offer?, I ask.  24 megs, he lies. Interesting, I tell him, since the change from fiber optic to coax is going to reduce the bandwidth, and the longer the distance from their mystery node to my house the slower it's going to be. 24 megs ain't gonna happen.

He starts to blubber on about something else, and I tell him to go away and shut the door.

I'm getting to where I hate these people. They're so desperate to sign people up for internet service that they'll lie like the dogs they are. Are they like this everywhere?

/rant
View Quote

You sound like a dick.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:57:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Heh. No, I despise young men going around lying like aluminum siding salesmen. They're really pushy trying to sell U-Verse and I kind of enjoy ringing their bell.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thread title again.

Just razzing...I hate those guys too!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:01:17 PM EDT
[#9]
ATT does offer a 24M fiber to the node based high speed Internet. There is a distance limit from the node that I am unsure of.  If you are close to the node you could get it or the 18M.
Just Sayin
Sounds like you already know this and just enjoy busting the guys balls.
Of course I understand. I don't blame you even.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No no. I haven't had DSL in years. I currently have TW cable internet and get about 25-30 MBps down.

These bozos are trying to sell U-Verse, and they're telling any lies they can to get people signed on. I know U-verse is fiber up to a point, but then they radiate copper wire out to the end users, causing the effective bandwidth to throttle down. They're trying to snooker people into thinking they have fiber  right up to the house like VZ does.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Verizon will fuck you in the ass just as quick and hard as AT&T.  

All ISPs are scum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top