Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2013 8:33:25 AM EDT

What do you think about selling a Firearm to fund another Firearm purchase .
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:36:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I stopped selling guns as a way to stop regretting having sold guns.

I can see if it's a once in a lifetime "too good to be true" thing and you don't have the cash.  Those don't come around but once or twice in a lifetime though.  Otherwise, save up and keep what you have.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:43:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I've done it many times

no regrets
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:44:30 AM EDT
[#3]
That is the only reason I am able to have what I do today.  Wife, four children. mortgage and all that.  I have a decent job, but my family is my #1 priority.

I bought and sold for years to attain the collection that I have today.  Tastes change, needs and desires come and go.  Life is short.  If something is collecting dust, I have a hard time holding on to it.

Do your research and ask yourself which one you would get more use from.  Buy low, pass it along to someone else, throw a little more money at it each time, and before you know it the things you thought you might not be able to have aren't so far out of reach.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:44:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I did it but then bills piled up
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:44:45 AM EDT
[#5]
IBNSAG
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:46:06 AM EDT
[#6]
FPNI
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:48:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've done it many times

no regrets
View Quote

Same here.  If you are moving in the direction you want to go with your collection, go for it.

I'm as guilty as the next guy as liking to add a gun to the collection, but in reality, when I go shooting or hunting 99% of the time I'm grabbing one of three rifles depending on what I'm doing.  The rest tend to sit in the safe an collect dust.

If you have your day to day shooters covered, sell off something you don't shoot to add something else you won't shoot.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:49:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Personal preference really.

I've sold a few a fund other things.  I don't miss the particular gun per se, just the idea of having a collection.
I don't regret anything yet, and don't foresee it happening.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:51:04 AM EDT
[#9]
One time I sold all my guns and bought a M16.

The safe quickly refilled, and now I have a Colt M16A1  No regrets.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:51:56 AM EDT
[#10]
The only gun I've ever NOT regretted selling was a Mini-30.

I miss my super Blackhawk .44 mag.  I miss my S&W .357.  I miss my Marlins in .35 Rem and .444.  I miss my first AR.  I miss my old winchester .22.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:52:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I just sold a broken hipoint 40. I bought it broken for 100, sold it still broken with full disclosure for 175, then went and bought a new  model with a 100 rounds of ammo and a holster for 165.

I know, I know Hi point.

ETA: I do regret selling my m1 carbine when I was a teenager.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've done it many times

no regrets
View Quote

This though I don't understand why you'd sell a specific gun to fund the purchase of a gun you already had three of.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:54:46 AM EDT
[#13]
A wise man once said that selling shitty guns to buy better ones was the path to enlightenment.

R.I.P DanTSX
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:30:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This though I don't understand why you'd sell a specific gun to fund the purchase of a gun you already had three of.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've done it many times

no regrets

I had 4 VEPRs and 3 SAMs, now I have 3 VEPRs and 4 SAMs

I think the VEPRs are higher quality , but they are nose heavy .

I was going to keep both unconverted veprs as spare parts, but now I sold one and going to convert the other .
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:39:46 AM EDT
[#15]
I sold my PTR 91 to fund, in part, my Mega MATEN build.  One of the best decisions with my collection I have ever made.  Giving up a POS rifle with poor ergonomics and shitty accuracy for a rifle that is accurate, uber-reliable and dead sexy?  That was a no-brainer.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#16]
If you are doing private sales and grabbing deals but selling as the market rises it is one thing , if you are only trading at a dealer it is not so good.

I like dealers but they are after all doing the sales for a reason
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Why do you want 4 SAM7K pistols for?

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:40:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:40:40 PM EDT
[#19]
It's always acceptable to sell shitty guns to fund the purchase of more awesome guns.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:51:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Sold / traded all my glocks.

0 regrets on them. Most went towards SIG's.

Rifle/shotgun wise, I've only sold guns I've won at auctions, idiot/no reason buys and a youth model 22 that couldn't shoot straight at 3 feet.

So no regrets on my part and I some how keep ending up with more glocks out of misfortune. Sold my glock  22 3 months ago and a buddy sold me his 19 because he was broke.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:37:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Why do you want 4 SAM7K pistols for?

View Quote

Would you be asking the same question if I still have 4 Veprs ? and 3 SAMs
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:41:02 PM EDT
[#22]
I have been thinking of selling a few duplicates in the collection to fund ' upgrades ' others. I have an AR I love set up nice but it has a M1S BCG, I have thousands of rounds through it with no problems but know it will shear a bolt lug on day one of the zombie war Also a couple of quality weapon lights, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top