Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2002 3:21:34 PM EDT
The way I see things, Rod Blagojevich is running a way better campaign and seems to have more support of all Illinois voters than any other candidate including Jim Ryan and Cal Skinner.  
 Blagojevich has the worst record as far as his view of firearm ownership is concerned. Ryan, though not exactly gun-owner friendly would seem less of a threat to gun owners than Blagojevich and Skinner who is moderately pro-gun doesn't have a chance in getting enough votes to win.
So I can predict that Blagojevich will win no matter how many gun owners will vote for Skinner or Ryan.
My question; Will Blagojevich really be a terrible enemy to Illinois gun owners as the ISRA and NRA make him out to be? I definately do not see him passing any pro-gun laws such as concealed carry and other laws that would benefit gun owners, but could it be possible that he will concentrate on other issues such as employment and education rather than having a large portion Illinois residents on his back if he supported up any new anti-gun laws? Blagojevich has said that the reports of him wanting to issue legislation for a $500 FOID card was false and was a scam by Ryan to make him lose voter support. Who's telling the truth?
No, I am not going to vote for Blagojevich. Honestly I do not know who in this campaign is worth my time voting for. I could vote for Skinner to see if we can get the Libertarian party enough votes for next election, but we have to worry about who's going to be governor now...not later. I am trying to look on the bright side and hopefully believe that maybe the worst thing for gun owners in a Blagojevich administration, with even Lisa Madigan as Attorney General, that the current Illinois gun laws will remain unchanged. As long as there are some pro-gun Republicans in Illinois office and gun owners speak up whenever anti-gun legislation is brought up, I think we may be able to squeeze by with Blago in office.

I HOPE.[:|]

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 8:18:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I wish I could be as positive as you are being.  See, my concern is the ties he's made with comrade daley and jesse jackson.  more concerned with daley.  daley's dream of a 100 mile 'gun free ring' around chicago may come true.  i don't know what part of the PRIL you're in, but if you're in the suburbs of chicago, it could get messy.

but could it be possible that he will concentrate on other issues such as employment and education
View Quote

I don't believe that, and I know he has said it, but if you look at his record in Washington, he hasn't done too much there in that regard.

i do agree with you when you say that it is more than likely that blowmebitch will get elected.   that being said, i, for the first time in my life, am not going to vote straight republican.  I am casting my vote for Skinner.

I dunno.  I am pretty nervous.  That's all I can say about that.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I keep saying, if we can just get Wisconsin to annex Chicago.....

Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?[:D]
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#3]
If I recall, the $500 FOID card was something that he actually introduced when he was a state legislator.  I definitely wouldn't be surprised if he actively tried more anti-gun atrocities should he return to Springfield.

I just voted absentee for Skinner today... we need to send a *very* strong message that neither the Springfield good ol' boys club nor the Chicago democratic machine will be tolerated any longer.

I don't see Skinner heading to Springfield this time, but hopefully he'll get enough of the vote to make Blowjobovic and Ryan sweat.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 8:44:48 PM EDT
[#4]
This liberal democrat doesn't need a costume for Halloween, because he visibly (to normal people anyway) wears his two horns every day.

This man will be an antigun activist for sure.
I have no doubt that he will propose and get a 50 caliber rifle and ammo ban in Illinois as he proposed while a congressman.

I also have no doubt that he will propose the following:

one gun a month
a ban on certain types of assault weapons
a ban on certain types of ammunition
registering handguns and certain rifles
a hike in the FOID cost
extensive requirements for FFL holders
eliminate in state person to person firearms transfers.

And on top of all of this he will successfully get the minimum wage raised, and raise taxes, contrary to what he says.

The guy is one of the slickest democrats ever to run for governor in Illinois.  Neil Hartigan, Dawn Clark Netsch and others have failed because of a universal dislike for them.  But both STILL came close to winning, even with extensive faults.

Blagojevich is going the Clinton route, telling people what they want to hear....AND IT'S WORKING!  HE is a con man of the slimiest kind.  Typical liberal lier.

This guy has, like Senator Dick Durbin, who will easily be reelected for another six years, been and activist in Congress rather than getting Illinois back it's taxpayer dollars.  Illinois has consistently ranked near the bottom in money sent to the federal government coming back, and it's because of liberal activists like this worrying more about gun control than getting money for roads and other stuff sent back to Illinois.

Link Posted: 10/26/2002 8:48:48 PM EDT
[#5]
blagojevich and ryan are both poor candidates.

I don't know anything about the politics of skinner but it's hard to imagine a worse candidate than those fielded by the republicans and democrats in Illinois.

Link Posted: 10/27/2002 7:42:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I might also add that he would likely increase the time for the waiting periods on firearms purchases.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 7:51:06 AM EDT
[#7]
[url]http://www.gunbanrod.com[/url]
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#8]
ISRA was putting out a flier listing Blojo's introduced bills. Half of them pertained to gun control. If he spent half of his time trying to hurt our rights as a legislator, I don't think he would be any better as governor.

He says that he's taken back his position on the FOID card and that NOW he's our friend. If he has changed his position, then he doesn't stand behind his principles, and he's a piece of shit. If he's just lying to get our vote (say it ain't so, Rod), then he's still a piece of shit. Either way, something smells like shit, and it's coming out of Rod's mouth.

Anyone catch that last debate? When asked what his biggest regret was, I expected him to say something about smokin' weed. But he whipped it out in true Slick Willie form. His biggest regret was that his Ballistic Fingerprinting legislation failed. Because if it had passed, some of those lives in the D.C. area could have been saved.

That guy seems to hate guns as much as we like guns.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 7:07:01 PM EDT
[#9]
How about you guys move somewhere else? i know its expensive, but I wouldn't want to stay there.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm working on getting out of this soon-becoming-fascist state right now.  I just need to find a sys-admin job in Texas.......

I have this creeping fear about how the proposed ban in June that the ISRA is talking about will effect the BRC?  What will happen to the manufacturers in this state?
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#11]
[b]Quoted:
How about you guys move somewhere else? i know its expensive, but I wouldn't want to stay there.[/b]

The only reason I'm in Il is because my family is here. I also have a decent job and life is pretty good overall. If we didn't have family concerns, we'd probably move. But this would be more for asthetics than politics

I don't feel that I should move because someone becomes governor or I don't like all of the laws. I didn't like it when Clinton was in office , but I didn't move out of the US. Me staying in the US helped insure that Clinton Junior(Gore) didn't get in. Maybe staying in Il will help reduce the damage that the Dems. will try to do( in Il and in DC).

Like I've said before, this is not an Illinois, or California, or New Jersey problem. It's a US problem. If enough big states fall to the other side, you'll be seeing this crap on the federal level. Then it won't matter how many cowboys you have in your statehouse, you'll be dragged down like all of the others.

I'm sure we could run (be driven is more like it)from state to state. They'd gobble up this country little by little. We'd probably all end up in Texas before it was over, if Texas would have us. It would get a little crowded down there.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Well hell.  At least if we all ended up in Texas, we'd be among friends.  

Besides, Texas could just succede from the union again until all the hippies get out of office and the nation returns to it's sanity.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 7:49:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How about you guys move somewhere else? i know its expensive, but I wouldn't want to stay there.
View Quote

That's the coward's answer to everything, isn't it? Run away. If an ultra anti-gunner decided to move in next to you and started calling the police everytime he/she saw guns (even through your window), would you move?

I've lived here (IL) all my life. I for one will stand and fight, at the ballot box, from the rooftops, whatever it takes.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 8:06:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Combat_Jack

I get your point.  In fact, I've made the same point on other forums.  I don't think it does any good to retreat.  I do think it does some good to pick your battlefield however.  

There is strength in numbers.

Often I've tried to figure out some type of protest or something that we could do in this state that would bring the issue to the press in a favorable light.  So far I haven't had any luck.  

I didn't grow up here and I don't even really like the town I live in, so there are other reasons for me to bail besides the gun issue.  I grew up in Texas and remember my freedoms there.  Most of my family lives there as well.  

I don't mind pitching in to fight, in fact I am VERY political when it comes to these issues.  Tell you the truth I didn't own a gun at all until I heard about how badly our rights were being infringed in this state.  I went out and bought one out of protest.  I still think it's wise to regroup.  So far I haven't seen much massing of people on the steps of the capitol or anything so it's hard to see anything happening.....
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 8:46:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I keep saying, if we can just get Wisconsin to annex Chicago.....

Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?[:D]
View Quote

Yeah right...we can barely keep the FIBs outta here as it is...three more moved into my neighborhood this year..

In some respects we are hoping for the real estate bubble to burst...sucking all the yuppie FIBs outta northern Wi. and back to Chi town...where they will stick their shriking capital back into the stock market...Trying to win back their 401Ks
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 9:12:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Looks like an echo of my topic in the political forum
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 10:56:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Not trying to sound cs, but I hope it stays on your side of the Mississippi, and doesn't drift west(er, north).
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 11:35:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Does he have a daughter???

about 30'ish?
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 11:56:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well, I wish I could be as positive as you are being.  See, my concern is the ties he's made with comrade daley and jesse jackson.  more concerned with daley.  daley's dream of a 100 mile 'gun free ring' around chicago may come true.  i don't know what part of the PRIL you're in, but if you're in the suburbs of chicago, it could get messy.

but could it be possible that he will concentrate on other issues such as employment and education
View Quote

I don't believe that, and I know he has said it, but if you look at his record in Washington, he hasn't done too much there in that regard.

i do agree with you when you say that it is more than likely that blowmebitch will get elected.   that being said, i, for the first time in my life, am not going to vote straight republican.  I am casting my vote for Skinner.

I dunno.  I am pretty nervous.  That's all I can say about that.  
View Quote

If they want my rifle, they'll have to greet a hail of 55 grain hellos first. [X]
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 12:21:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 2:52:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If I recall, the $500 FOID card was something that he actually introduced when he was a state legislator.  I definitely wouldn't be surprised if he actively tried more anti-gun atrocities should he return to Springfield.

I just voted absentee for Skinner today... we need to send a *very* strong message that neither the Springfield good ol' boys club nor the Chicago democratic machine will be tolerated any longer.

I don't see Skinner heading to Springfield this time, but hopefully he'll get enough of the vote to make Blowjobovic and Ryan sweat.
View Quote

I'l be voting straight Libertarian ticket this year for the offices they have a candidate.  I want to send a message to the Republican party of IL that it is NOT alright.  I hope they get it.  If the Libs get 5% they will ALWAYS be on the ballot.  This will effect the Republican Party.  Means they will have to either change or never win the Governorship!

The major travesty is that the Skinner was left out of the debates.  He was a 20 yr republican veteran of the IL House.  He would have made those two fools look stupid on TV and so they didn't allow him access.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top