Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2002 4:34:18 PM EDT
Welchers in Tacoma. My family has done over $3000 in business with them. They are good guys. Now pictures of their store are all over the place. Fox news even. The funny thing is I never even saw an AR in there. I haven't been there for 6 months or so, but they had mostly Weatherbys Remingtons and Kimbers. I bet they pulled all the 4473s for the investigation. Dammit.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I knew the POS media was gonna have a hard on for this gun thing.  I also knew the shitty newspaper was gonna have a pic of a Bushy in it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#2]
CNN (I think it was them) had a graphic of an M17, anyone have an idea why?
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

the retards in their FINITE wisdom, probably think that "bushmaster" is a kind of rifle, like "AR" "AK, and not aware it's a brandname, so they snatched up the first thing with name "bushmaster" on it, the M17 is quite distinctly bushmaster, now i have to get one, just to piss someone off!!!!!!

oh, all hail the misinformed criminal liberal media
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Becuase they dont know what they are talking about!!!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 4:50:18 PM EDT
[#5]
They should have shown the crappy looking Bushmaster pistol.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 4:55:30 PM EDT
[#6]
The store owner was on AM710 today in a sound bite interview.  A rifle was bought by the bastard, but he later brought it back and sold it back to Welchers. In fact they still have it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Fox News reported the same thing the Boom Stick said. The rifle the ATF asked Bushmaster to trace was resold to the dealer 4 months later by Muhammad when he had to comply with the restraining order filed against him.

So what is it that the ATF has got in Maryland?
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#8]
But the auto dealership where Muhammad bought the Chevrolet police car is named [b]Sure Shot Motors[/b].  So sez NBC this morning.

No shit.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 5:29:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Stop the "used car sale loophole"!

Do it for the children!
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#10]
There is no "used car loophole"!

All car dealerships I've ever been to do drivers license checks before you can drive your new toy home.

THE "USED CAR LOOPHOLE" IS A MYTH PERPETRATED BY THE IGNORANT TO ENRAGE THE THE ANTI-AUTOMOBILE MASSES!

By the way, if we did everything the democrats wanted us to do for "the children" they'd grow up to be slaves.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, they all DO look alike. Don't they?
AB
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The store owner was on AM710 today in a sound bite interview.  A rifle was bought by the bastard, but he later brought it back and sold it back to Welchers. In fact they still have it.
View Quote

So if they still had the rifle with Serial number on it then how did the ATF come up with another rifle with the same serial #? This doesnt make anysense. If this in fact ture there is HUGE problem with the investigation. Is there any links to this? Sounds like it might be time to get some e-mails out.

KC
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:16:51 PM EDT
[#13]
My bad. He sold the first one back to Welcher's, then bought the one he used in the crime from Bull's Eye Shooter's Supply. Thats where I go to shoot rental pistols. [url]http://aolsvc.digitalcity.com/seattle/news/?_dci_e_t=incoming&_dci_a_l=aol%2ews%2etext1%2e1[/url]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:20:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Fox News reported the same thing the Boom Stick said. The rifle the ATF asked Bushmaster to trace was resold to the dealer 4 months later by Muhammad when he had to comply with the restraining order filed against him.

So what is it that the ATF has got in Maryland?
View Quote

Kind of makes you wonder where the ATF got the "murder weapon."
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:34:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I was surprised by the Welchers connection too.

Everytime I've been in there,seems like more of a hunting type selection.

I've never really seen anything that would get a fan of military type semi-auto's excited.

Course Bullseye is a whole different story.[:)]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:41:27 PM EDT
[#16]
the retards in their FINITE wisdom, probably think that "bushmaster" is a kind of rifle, like "AR" "AK, and not aware it's a brandname, so they snatched up the first thing with name "bushmaster" on it, the M17 is quite distinctly bushmaster, now i have to get one, just to piss someone off!!!!!!

oh, all hail the misinformed criminal liberal media[/quote]

All black guns look alike to them. Racists!
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:03:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

oh, all hail the misinformed criminal liberal media
View Quote

I maybe wrong, but Bushmaster/Quality Parts Corp. hasn't made the M17 for a at least 10 years.

All black guns look alike to them. Racists!
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
There is no "used car loophole"!

All car dealerships I've ever been to do drivers license checks before you can drive your new toy home.

THE "USED CAR LOOPHOLE" IS A MYTH PERPETRATED BY THE IGNORANT TO ENRAGE THE THE ANTI-AUTOMOBILE MASSES!

By the way, if we did everything the democrats wanted us to do for "the children" they'd grow up to be slaves.
View Quote

NEGATIVE!  

There is a HUGE used car loophole.

Just pick up the classifieds from virtually any paper in this country.

Were you aware that you can buy a high- capacity, preban, urban assault, sports car that can be driven at over three times the legal speed limit, and can be purchased by anyone with cash from a private owner without any background check or waiting period???

Who really needs to go that fast?  Shouldn't those vehicles be subject to some special sort of driver training and registration?  

Why can you buy one with a fuel tank that holds 25 gallons?  10 gallons is enough for anyone.

You should also be required to get a special high-security garage to store them in, so no one else can steal or borrow your high capacity, urban assault vehicle.  After all, it's for the children.

And why is the license from the one state good in another?  Some of the states actually have different traffic laws and licensing requirements!  If you want to drive in another state, you should be required to get a license in that state as well.

No exceptions for retired professional drivers or government drivers.  You don't know what they are up to once they get out!

The only portion of the assault vehicle vehicle requiring registration is the VIN numbered frame.  There are people right now buying auto parts (some which may make the vehicle even faster than the manufacturer intended) many may even be installed on the vehicle without regulation, without a license, some even conducting this disgusting business on the phone or the internet!

With the loophole, you are also permitted to sell the high-capacity assault vehicle in another state without any Federal restrictions.  This must be changed as quickly as possible.

Some unscrupulous merchants of death are buying assault vehicles to be resold to others who may not have licenses.  This straw man purchase loophole must be closed, preferably by common sense legislation like the "One Car Per Year" legislation passed by some progressive and right minded states.  How many deadly cars do you really need, anyway?

There is also the shocking fact that the cars may be shipped interstate by a common carrier, or anyone with a trailer.  This could lead to all sorts of mischief, since there may not be a dealer on the other end to verify the credentials of the purchaser.  The law must be changed to PROHIBIT interstate traficking in motor vehicles.

It has come to our attention that you are not required to have a license or even be of driving age to purchase fuel and fuel containers (even large capacity containers).  This must be halted immediately!

Anyone may currently posess a theoretically unlimited number of cars.  In order to keep car owners from accumulating a "stable" of cars, a special inspection must be made of an approved secure storage area, the cars must be stored seperately from the fuel, and a special tax (amount TBD) will be assessed on anyone owning more than the approved number (currently two).  Anyone with more than 55 gallons of fuel must provide a seperate secure approved storage area, and will be subject to the same special  inspections and taxes.

Finally, in light of recent events, we must establish a national registry of tire imprints.  We understand the frustration of law enforcement officials, and are willing to spare no expense to accumulate this database.  It will only be indexed by VIN number, not by name, so honest vehicle owners need have nothing to fear.

If you notice your friend or neighbor acting strangely, driving a new car, more than one car, or seeming to derive some perverse pleasure from operating his car, particularly one of the dangerous assault vehicles, do NOT attempt to apprehend him on you own, but report him to the local authorities immediately!

Please remember, people don't drive drunk or cause accidents, cars do.  Ban the cars!!  Close the private sale loophole!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:43:57 PM EDT
[#19]
M17S is in their current catalog
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:55:39 PM EDT
[#20]
[img]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/m17s/30-900-sa.jpg[/img]

The M17S is still very much in production...

Bradd
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 12:53:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Bradd D:
[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/m17s/30-900-sa.jpg[/url]

The M17S is still very much in production...

Bradd
View Quote

That just don't do it for me?
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 1:41:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
......then bought the one he used in the crime from Bull's Eye Shooter's Supply.....
View Quote

I don't like the fact that whatever gun shop sold him the rifle is going take some media heat, but I don't care to much for Bull's Eye.  I think they're kinda greedy.
I [b]have always[/b] gotten a better deal on my trade-in's and ammo/supply purchases at the "Marksman" in Puyallup.  Believe me, I've made the trip between the two shops quite a few times to know.  

Muhammad should not have been able to buy or own a rifle this spring, authorities say. The transfer was illegal, prosecutors allege, because two months before, a Pierce County Superior Court judge had issued a restraining order against him in March.
View Quote

Either bulls eye screwed the pooch or the feds did.  My bet is the feds did.

Link Posted: 10/26/2002 5:59:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Haven't heard anything on the ammo yet either.

Wonder what it was, and where it came from?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top