Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2002 4:09:12 PM EDT
Nevertheless, they'll vote in another democ[b]RAT[/b].

I heard they're gonna keep his name on the ballot.  We have another carahan situation here.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Wellstone was a threat to the Second Amendment.

He was very proud of his extreme left wing politics.

Minnesota will remove him from the ballot, and the state Democratic Party has to come up with a candidate quickly.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 4:18:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Doesnt matter anymore.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 4:21:17 PM EDT
[#3]
He WAS a threat to all of our freedoms!

The one who replaces him will be too.

Link Posted: 10/25/2002 4:25:40 PM EDT
[#4]
GOOD RIDDENCE FUCKSTONE...

The guy was so far left that one more step and he would have fallen off the board.

BTW...Damn near everyone at DU is saying that Wellstones death was MURDER!
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 4:25:54 PM EDT
[#5]
If what you DO (voting record, legislation proposals) is more important than what you SAY (rhetoric, banter, speeches, photo-ops, interviews, promises, pledges, sound-bites, opinions, lip-service, etc.) then...

SENATOR WELFARE WAS A HORRIBLE MAN AND A SERIOUS THREAT TO THE HEALTH, SECURITY AND FUTURE OF THIS GREATEST OF ALL NATIONS!
[url]www.senate.gov[/url]  

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
(Just found my new sig-line!)

Link Posted: 10/25/2002 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Yup, I just looked it up and he voted for the 94' ban crap.  He also stated that he didn't favor a ban on handguns.  Ya FCKN right.  Just like HCI pricks don't seek to ban guns just control them.

I still think they're gonna keep him on the ballot.  carnahan won and so can wellstone.  But the only difference is that wellstone's wife can't fill the position.

Looks like we might have a court case:

Under state law, Wellstone cannot be elected posthumously, said state Attorney General Mike Hatch.
View Quote

Democ[b]RATS[/b] can't let a mere state law get into their way.

Raise the US flag back up to full staff.  He didn't protect the Constitution.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 4:33:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The guy was so far left that one more step and he would have fallen off the board.

View Quote

And if it was, the demos did it, because they thought he was going to lose!

HA HA HA!!!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, the [url=http://www.thenewamerican.com]The New American[/url] rated him an 11 this year, and the [url=http://www.conservative.org]American Conservative Union[/url] rated him 4 for life. (Both were out of a 100).
As for guns, [url=http://www.gunowners.org]GOA[/url] gave him an F, as did the [url=http://www.nrapvf.org/]NRA[/url].
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

And if it was, the demos did it, because they thought he was going to lose!

HA HA HA!!!!
View Quote

This thread/post is in very bad taste.  Here's another one:

We should take up a collection to charter planes for our esteemed senators/representatives.  They have to keep up with appearances you know.[BD]

What a waste of a good Raytheon aircraft.  I myself would [b]NEVER[/b] fly in a prop plane.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 9:39:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, dead men technically can't be elected (or vote), even in Missouri (or Chicago)...

Ashcroft was just being nice in not challenging Carnahan's election (because people would say 'he's such a monster, playing politics to keep Carnahan's widow out of the senate...).

Of course, that didn't stop Mrs. C from voting against him in his confirmation...

And this time, there's no widow to nominate to fill the dead man's seat, so any 'dead man wins' scenario will result in a court case (especially if said court case decides the makeup of the Senate)...

Link Posted: 10/25/2002 10:03:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Correct me if I'm wong but doesn't the Gov nominate someone to fill the post? That's what happened when Gore became VP. Seems like Ventura is a bit progun so it may not be a total disaster?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top