Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2002 10:54:59 AM EDT
From USSA Today...Is this is, or is this aint....Imbroglio?

Famous for its use in the military's M-16 rifle, the .223-caliber round is known for causing extensive tissue damage, says surgeon Ron Maier of the Northwest Regional Trauma Center at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.

Like all high-velocity bullets, the .223 slug passes through the body with an accompanying shock wave that whipsaws blood vessels and organ tissue that are inches away from the bullet.

The "cavitation," or cavity, caused by the high-velocity shock wave may briefly expand the diameter of the bullet hole almost 2 inches, about 10 times the width of the slug itself, before it collapses behind, tearing tissue further.

In contrast, low-velocity rounds used in many handguns pack less of a punch and follow a straighter path. "A bullet from [b]a .22 rifle or .38-caliber [/b][s]and thats all[/s] handgun can go right next to the aorta (a major blood vessel) and be all right," says Maier. "With a .223, if it gets within 3 inches, it's a disaster."
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd say you have a definite id.

[:D]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 9:11:24 PM EDT
[#2]
The AMA is famous for its anti gun propaganda...and out right lies
Their so called doctors dont object to their fellow healers killing a few million unborn babies...and labeling anyone who objects to this in a peacefull maner as a terrorists and a candidate for prosecution under RICO statues that were designed to prosecute organized crime
I heard this same yo yo claim the body was 92%  water and then talked about the so called gigantic stretch cavity and devastating collapse of tissue...
Having served as a combat medic in Vietnam I saw many of these 55 grain fmj wounds and nothing of the sort discribed occured that I witnessed...in fact many if not most of the wounds were through and through small holes that leaked small amounts of albumin...the wounded maintained conciousness through treatment and many wounded were trailed into the jungle left no blood trails..
Hollow points will have different results and unstable bullets out of 1in14 twist barrels were witnessed to have great cavitation and created huge wound channels- but the bullets were unstable..a faster rate of twist was instituted stabilizing the round and from what I witnessed caused wounds of much less damage than this present day reporter claims...
Fear mongering by the anti gunners is all they have as facts do not support what they claim..
They will say anthing in the pursuit of the rule of elite and the enslavement of We The People
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 9:42:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Well..........., you notice that Imbrog hasn't posted today. Could it be that he was arrested with his stepson at a rest stop in MD????????

NMSight
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 12:51:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I am famous!
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am famous!
View Quote

Well you certainly are here Broug,lets keep it that way !

Bob [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top