Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2002 1:50:39 PM EDT
anybody ever wonder if the sniper has visited our beloved home-away-from-home in the past?

given the possibility of his using an AR15 it makes one ponder the chances.

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 1:56:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd say there was a high likelihood.  Our site, along with snipercountry.com, fullauto.com, and a bunch of other forums.

This guy is no dummy, he did his homework, and I suspect that means coming to see the experts from time-to-time.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
anybody ever wonder if the sniper has visited our beloved home-away-from-home in the past?

View Quote

I would think if "they" are on the net "they"
would probably prowling the "sniper" sites.

I would like to know if "they" are using
ball or hunting ammo.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 2:06:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Careful Jenn!

Other than the press, [b]NOBODY[/b] has ever officially claimed an AR was used...  In fact, they appear to be leaning more towards a bolt rifle these days, and a lot of backsliding has taken place, where the AW issue comes into play.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 2:07:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Certainly possible, though I’d probably put snipercountry.com at the top of the list since he apparently has this delusion that he’s a sniper.

I also wonder if I’ve seen him at a local gun show or maybe even been in a firing lane next to him at the range at the NRA Headquarters.

I keep trying to think what mousey-looking losers I’ve seen with a .223 recently.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Most likely, along with a few Feds that are trying to nab him.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 2:12:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
...a lot of backsliding has taken place, where the AW issue comes into play.
View Quote

I've noticed that too, recently.  I was wondering if folks had been complaining enough to the media that they started to get some of the facts right, or if there is a true suspicion that it isn't a nasty black rifle.

Of course, now we get to worry about a .223 being called a sadistic killing round designed to explode into a snowstorm of lead, causing massive internal damage.

Hey, I guess I'll just have to shoot my AR-10 more!
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 2:13:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are many things possible. It's possible that this/these poeple are using disinformation, also.
If it takes you only one shot, why are you leaving an empty case???? That's a real big question.
This is well thought out.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 2:31:26 PM EDT
[#8]
... No, I don't think so.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 2:38:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Careful Jenn!

Other than the press, [b]NOBODY[/b] has ever officially claimed an AR was used...  In fact, they appear to be leaning more towards a bolt rifle these days, and a lot of backsliding has taken place, where the AW issue comes into play.
View Quote

nothing to be careful about really.

i said the 'possibility' of using an AR15.  period.  my question was more along the lines of "if he is using an AR15, do you think he's been to ARF.com?"  

however, the .223 connection would be enough to get him here if he were researching possible calibers/firearms to do the job (assuming he didn't know enough to make the decision in the first place, which he probably did).

since nobody knows what he's using, i think all possibilities are fair game for discussion.  though, i would lean towards him using a bolt gun.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Could he have perused this site?
View Quote

No.  Impossible.

Now let's start another thread with a title like "Could the killer be watching TV?"
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Aren't AR/15s .224?

Bob  [:D]
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 6:29:02 PM EDT
[#12]
BOG?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top