Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2002 6:17:17 PM EDT
Is there any logical or tactical reason to pay the shooter? I was just wondering whats the "proper" response to a ransom note to authorities...after all the movies I've seen, I'm not sure what LE does in this case..

Anyone know?
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes. The physical exchange of the money is an excellent opportunity to nab the guy. Put several thousand cops on stakeout around the dropoff point and a dozen different tracking devices in the money.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 6:30:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Clearly, from tonight's Moose-gram, the perp has asked for the money to be wired to a foreign account.  Pretty hard to stake out electrons!

But, they said no.

And the answer to the question is Hell No.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 6:30:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#4]
The guy doesn't want money.  It's a ploy to keep the cops chasing their tails.  

If he was serious, and the logistics of the transfer could even be worked out (electronic transfer to an account # in the Caymans would work, with automatic instructions to wire the money around the world a couple times), there's still a couple real good reasons not to pay anything:

1.  Sets a terrible precedent.  Whack some people and get rich.  There's a reason you don't negotiate with terrorists.

2.  No guarantees that the shooting stops once the money is transferred.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Absoulutely.  Pay up.

Then proceed to kill all millionaire muslims.  Bound to get him that way.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Clearly, from tonight's Moose-gram, the perp has asked for the money to be wired to a foreign account.  Pretty hard to stake out electrons!

But, they said no.

And the answer to the question is Hell No.
View Quote

... Moose says "not an option. However, [u]we could set up a private Post Office box[/u] for you"

... Yeah right, that reminds me of that scene in the movie [b]Ruthless People[/b] where Judge Reinhold is in the friggin' clown outfit and the entire SWAT team have there crosshairs on him when picking up the ransom.

... Buaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaa
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Of course we pay!

[b]$10,000,000 cash to the person that turns in the sniper alive[/b]

Seems like a better value than what is being spent on the investigation.

Link Posted: 10/22/2002 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I have absolutely no problem with giving the Beltway Shooter the money.  I say go ahead and leave it in a briefcase and leave it whereever he would like.
Oh yeah - and have it wired to a Claymore.  Sorry, forgot to add that part.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Yea I heard moose say we can set up a post office box for you and I about died laughing so hard! We can set up a more secure location such as a post office box for you[rolleyes].

Moose is really know showing how much of a real dumb ass he is! Yea makes me feel safe that moose is in charge![rolleyes]

Like anyone is going to say ok, yea leave the money in a post office box and I will go get it! Anyone with at least half a brain can figure out that the post office box will be staked out!

Althoug if the dumb coppers really want to try this outlet sure give up some money, just make sure it is monopoly money, and not real money!

You know most likely why these people are continueing to shoot people is because it is like comedy hour whenever Mr. Moose gets up and speaks on the TV,it gives the shooters some entertainment, these shooters are probably sitting back smokeing lots of dope and laughing there asses off at how stupid Mr. Moose is!
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 7:15:44 PM EDT
[#10]
The only thing of value we should give that Fu**ckn coward is an .11 cent 62gr 5.56 round at appx 3100 fps.....
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 7:21:06 PM EDT
[#11]
No, Hell No.
Not one penny in tribute.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 6:28:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Absolutely 100% HELL NO!!!
AB
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 6:42:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Absolutely 100% HELL NO!!!
AB
View Quote

Restated as: [size=6]Absolutely 100% HELL NO!!!
[/size=6]
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 4:15:39 PM EDT
[#14]
The post office box isn't for a pick up, but rather a way for the sniper to send things to the officers.

that way they could know that it was from the sniper, and not some fake demands that may come in to the station via standard mail.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yeah right, how is this guy gonna collect his payoff without getting caught/arrested/beat the fuck up? I really hope he's that stupid but I doubt it...
View Quote

Hell no never pay terrorists or kidnappers.  If I am ever kidnapped I would rather be killed by my rescuers than to have the criminals paid.

BTW Wave if you find this guy kick him once for me.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 4:28:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:38:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Nope, it just encourages more of the nonsense...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top