Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2002 7:04:00 AM EDT
...Just looking for some input on the best place to purchase a gun safe at a resonable price.

I am currently looking at factory direct from FT Knox and Liberty, also considering Cabela's.  I am looking for upper end safes that will hold 17-51 (depending on interior).

Thanks for your help...
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 7:09:22 AM EDT
[#1]
i have a liberty safe,i got the franklin model, it has 35 squ.ft. it will hold a lot of stuff,
i bought it from a safe dealer here in the dallas,tx area.
i really like it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 7:37:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 8:28:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Buy BIG [size=2]BIG[/size=2] [size=3]BIG[/size=3] [size=4]BIG[/size=4] [size=5]BIG[/size=5] [size=6]BIG[/size=6]

You won't regret it.

I went for a Cannon from a local dealer .  Very happy
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 9:47:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Take a look at these safes [url]www.bearsafes.com[/url]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 9:52:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 10:00:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
[url]http://deansafe.com/index.html[/url]

Very good site to check before making your decision.

I bought my safe here.
View Quote

How much did they hit you for shipping? They don't list any prices.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 10:06:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I have an American Security, I got locally,it was a little more intially but no shipping and no tax.  It is not the toughest ever built but it has been around for 10 years and my craps still mine.  What state are you in??  Do you have an NRA membership or is there an AR15.com discount anywhere??  Ask for the deal.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 12:38:54 PM EDT
[#9]
...Thanks for the info, you saved me a lot of time.  

Good links & good advice...thanks again
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 1:23:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I agree with the other members who stated that ordering direct will kill you with shipping.  However, if you buy the same safe from a local distributor, the total cost should be cheaper.

Basically, when the distributor orders the safe for you, it is shipped to him together with other safes that the distributor is also ordering at the same time.  Thus the shipping rate per safe is much cheaper.

Also, while you will have to pay him something to deliver it to your house, you’ll probably find the distributor a lot easier to deal with than a freight company when trying to arrange a convenient delivery.

If you’re interested in Fort Knox safes, give them a call at their 1-800 number and ask for the name of the nearest distributor.   [url]www.ftknox.com[/url]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 3:06:48 PM EDT
[#11]
More good reading material: http://www.sturdysafe.com/WeaknessinOthers.htm

cynic
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought from Frontier.  Very nice safes.  A little bit more money but well worth it.  They have a higher and longer fire rating than most.  Also, the paint on these looks like a fine auto finish; very nice.

[url]http://www.frontiersafe.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 8:14:11 PM EDT
[#13]
call AG English in OK.  He has ads in all the gun rags.  He is the largest dealer for most if not all the major safe makers.  What you pay for shipping, you will save in sales tax.  
The largest Ft Knox from OK to Mississippi was only a couple hundred to ship. More like 12% or so, not  50%.  Bass Pro has a house brand that is made by Granite ( make winchester too, I think).  They have a good sale every so often on the 22 gun model.
Good luck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top