Posted: 10/18/2002 2:31:38 PM EDT
[url]http://www.azstarnet.com/border/21017RANCHRESCUE.html[/url]

Interested? [url]ranchrescue.com[/url]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 2:45:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 2:50:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh yea you gatta love it, armed citizens protecting our borders, that is the way it should be. I like it when it was stated that the people doing the surveilance had not training for such a mission, but in all actualality they really do, they are ex military personel that have been in the shit!

I like what ranch rescue stands for.

Link Posted: 10/18/2002 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#4]
An official of The Nature Conservancy said Wednesday night the group was unaware Ranch Rescue members had been operating on the San Antonio Ranch, about 65 miles south of Tucson. Tom Collazo, the director of conservation for the conservancy's Arizona branch, said the ranch manager would ask the group to stop today.
View Quote

?

Sounds like those boys did a good job and all anyone can say is that they are concerned that people with no training are doing this stuff.

What the hell kind of world is this when the chicken littles are the voices of reason!?

We should be commending these guys for getting out there and doing some good for the landowners (and the Country).

Link Posted: 10/18/2002 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like Estrada is pissed because Ranch Rescue pre-empted his exclusive right to the television sound bite.

BTW, where is the DEA while all this drug smuggling is going on? Perhaps they're too busy trying to get their faces in front of the camera?
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 4:09:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Krott, an AR-15 slung over his shoulder and a sidearm holstered on his hip, reeled off stories of traveling to Afghanis-tan, Somalia and other world hot spots, as a soldier [red]and on his own[/red]. Krott said he initially contacted Ranch Rescue with the idea of writing a story about the group.
View Quote

I wonder if he knows he is no longer in the service or a one man army? Sounds like somebody is "still in Saigon" Anyway...

News of the presence of heavily armed civilians on the ranch came as a shock Wednesday night to Collazo, the conservancy official. After learning of the situation from a reporter, Collazo contacted the ranch's manager and found out their presence resulted from a mix-up.

"He said he was contacted by this group, but he did not give them permission to camp on the property. He said he thought it was the Border Patrol," Collazo said.
View Quote

Yikes, these folks misrepresented themselves it appears... they need paintball guns and not AR's if they wanna play soldier.

Link Posted: 10/18/2002 4:12:37 PM EDT
[#7]
The DEA never wants to get dirty.

They let Border Patrol get all dusty beating bushes.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah we need the military.

But the Military doesn't want the job. They are afraid they will become as corrupt as law enforcement.

Of course if they were actually successful... they might change their minds. If people aren't even TRYING to get stuff across, there aren't many oportunities for graft.

The Army units would also have to be rotated often so they couldn't be "reached" by the druggies.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 5:03:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 5:13:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

News of the presence of heavily armed civilians on the ranch came as a shock Wednesday night to Collazo, the conservancy official. After learning of the situation from a reporter, Collazo contacted the ranch's manager and found out their presence resulted from a mix-up.

"He said he was contacted by this group, but he did not give them permission to camp on the property. He said he thought it was the Border Patrol," Collazo said.
View Quote

Yikes, these folks misrepresented themselves it appears... they need paintball guns and not AR's if they wanna play soldier.

View Quote

I was wondering when I read that.  The Nature Conservancy is a VERY liberal group.  The own land near me.  The entrance to some hiking trails have signs with the "rules" posted, and no firearms is on there.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#14]
So, does the Nature Conservancy run interference for Mexican drug and illegal smugglers?
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:07:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So, does the Nature Conservancy run interference for Mexican drug and illegal smugglers?
View Quote

Umm...
I think I was making the point that they weren't likely to allow armed people to camp out on land they have posted "no firearms allowed"
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:24:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Hiya Tommy Trauma,
Been on any Ranch Rescue ops?  No flames from me.  I may catch one in the future.

Edit:  I may catch an op, not a flame.

Or any one else?
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:39:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Good work Ranch Rescue. Law enforcement has been a joke on the border.

Now the question is, did the Nature Conservancy take a cut on the traffic?
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:41:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Ranch Rescue is not going to make any more difference than any other group or agency.  Until drugs are legal and the US develops a workable immigration policy, there is utterly no hope.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Trickshot,
I gotta disagree with you.  Ranch Rescue does (and will continue to) make a difference. Albeit a small difference.  Any amount of drugs/illegals stopped from entering this country is OK by me.

Remember the lone man standing in front of the tank in Tienemen (sp) Square?
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Remember the lone man standing in front of the tank in Tienemen (sp) Square?
View Quote

Maybe that is a bad example, dude.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Bad example?  Whaddya mean?  I was trying to impart one person can make a difference at apparently overwhelming odds.  Or did the tank run him over? [smash]

Link Posted: 10/18/2002 8:33:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Or did the tank run him over? [smash]
View Quote

Tanks, plural. Repeatedly.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 8:34:58 PM EDT
[#23]
No shit?!  Well let me go get my dunce hat.  I gotta research this.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 8:56:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or did the tank run him over? [smash]
View Quote

View Quote

You sure about that?

Link Posted: 10/18/2002 9:07:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yeah, the Border Patrol is doing a great job, except for the Border Patrol and Customs Agents that assist the smugglers in getting their drug loads across the border for a payoff.  And don't deny that it happens.  Every year I see these guys arrested and in chains when they get busted for taking payoffs, gifts, sexual favors for letting a car across the port of entry full of coke, or are caught leading a group of mules across while keeping tabs on their co-workers for the smugglers, ratting out a sting, or attempting to set their honest co-workers up to get killed.  Isn't an agency I would want to be employed with.  To many dirty employees all the way to the top.  If you don't live down here you wouldn't believe it.  We need the military to lock up this Southern border.  
View Quote

I have quite a few friends in law enforcement, and when I was putting out applications this July and August, I was told by my advisor (life-time cop/corrections officer) that the BP was a really bad place to go if I wanted to be in a "safe" organization.  They have SERIOUS corruption problems.  In Arizona several BP guys have been charged with murder, drug trafficking, and bribery.  The BP has also had some trouble with doing background investigations because they've apparently hired a number of convicted felons.  All-in-all the BP is really bad news for the honest cops.  Think Serpico.  The good guys are so afraid to do the right thing that they become complicit in the illegal actions of their co-workers.

I'm going Navy anyway, but law enforcement was my first career choice, and the BP was REAL low on my list.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 9:13:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

You sure about that?
View Quote

Yes I am. I watched it on CNN. They have some videotapes that were smuggled out that show it in rather horrible detail. Also there were pieces in Newsweek and Time as well as dailys. When the Chinese say they want their kids to express revolutionary ideals, they mean Mao's revolution, not actual revolutionary ideals. And they tend to back this feeling up with rolling steel. Want pictures? Here ya go. Aslo just input Tianamen square massacre into a seqarch engine. [url]www.christusrex.org/www1/sdc/repression.html[/url]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 9:56:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Bad example?  Whaddya mean?  I was trying to impart one person can make a difference at apparently overwhelming odds.  Or did the tank run him over? [smash]

View Quote

That dude made NO difference. From what I understand there still was a massacre at Tianamen(sp) Square even though he stood in front of it. Now if he would have shot at it with a.. um, TOW. Then I would say he would have made a difference because that tank would not have been able to roll over any peacefull demonstrators. Oi?
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 7:57:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Yeah, you're right: bad example.  But after the explanation you get the point.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top