Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2002 7:33:48 PM EDT
Okay, ever since all this sniper stuff has start how here has been checking out vans?  What about "sniper spots"?  You know, good locations a shooter might hide...like rooftops, hills, etc.

And I'm on the other side of the country!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Um, no.  Can't say I have.

I've more been thinking about the job I had where I drove one of those Isuzu trucks around, and how much that would suck now.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 8:08:08 PM EDT
[#2]
20 to 1 odds say he is using parking ramps or sheltered areas. What times of the day have the shootings occured?

IF he still has a van, if he ever did, you can bet he is/was shooting from the back of it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 8:42:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Okay, ever since all this sniper stuff has start how here has been checking out vans?  What about "sniper spots"?  You know, good locations a shooter might hide...like rooftops, hills, etc.

And I'm on the other side of the country!!

Sgtar15
View Quote

I always try to be aware of my surroundings, if that's what you're getting at.

But I've done that for a while now.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 8:54:07 PM EDT
[#5]
A lot of folks in this area are.

This weekend, I parked the same time as an elderly couple in a Staples parking lot.  The female hopped out of the car and started barking at her husband to move faster.  

As we all approach the store (I’m moving pretty quickly, too), she points to location maybe 200 yards away and mentions to me that there’s a “tree line” over there (her words!).  Once we get inside she fusses at her husband to get away from the front windows.

Not everyone’s like that, of course.  But I think it’s becoming more common.

The shooters’ techniques seem to be evolving.  In the last shooting, apparently one shooter jumped out of the van, approached within 30-50 feet of the victim, shot her from an off hand position, and then returned to the van which took off.

[b]COZ_cal_45acp[/b] IMHO you’re probably pretty close except maybe for the Al Queda bit.  I don’t think these guys care about the victims one way or another.  They see themselves as competing with the police – any victim will do.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top