Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2002 5:45:30 AM EDT
I have a couple of questions regarding the actual slugs that have been recovered from the bodies.
Have they released any information at all other than to say that they are .223?  
Have all of them been .223?  Liberty86 posted an article which said that "most" were .223, is this true?  If so, what were the other calibers?
Do all of the recovered bullets match to one gun?  Is it even possible to ballistically match bullets in this situation?
Do we know if he/they are using FMJ, boat-tail ballistic tips, HP's?
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 6:06:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I honestly don't think they are even sure it's a .223. There are several calibers in that range that it could be. They jumped on the .223, because it is used by "assault weapons", and is a "military round". I really can't see how there would be enough left of some of them after fragmenting to tell for sure. They said they have recovered brass, but I haven't heard them say,(officially), what it was. There's been a couple of good threads on the subject, but the search function is busted,(there is a conspiracy theory about that too).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top