Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2002 3:09:51 PM EDT
Picked this up on another forum, but caught my attention, as I'm from Atlanta. Anybody know these guys or what kind of shop they have? "Hope it ain't so, Joe!"(the part about trying to sell the mag). Other wise running a check is standard after having the gun for so long.

"Horrible Atlanta Gun Shop
Hey guys,

I've gone through my cooling down period, so here it is. NEVER SHOP AT B&B OUTDOORS in Roswell, GA. I've been frequenting the store since the weekend they opened and only had about half their merchandise in. I know two of the owners--I've even helped them with some financial decisions.

They know who I am when I go in. They ask how the Army's coming along. So, I decided to let them sell my Mini 14 on consignment. It's been 3 months without selling so I decided to pick it up. One of the owners informs me that I'll have to have a background check to get my gun back. Fine. Then he tells me he's going to charge me $5 to run a background check on me to get my own damn gun back! I asked him where my factory 10 round magazine was and he couldn't find it behind the counter. Finally we located it where they were selling misc magazines. THEY WERE SELLING MY FREAKIN MAGAZINE as if it were theirs!!!

Now, I plan to tell everyone I know how bad their service is and to spend your money elsewhere."

Link Posted: 10/14/2002 3:58:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I tried for a LONG time to give these guys my business.  I don't even bother anymore.  They are by far the highest in town on their handguns, rifles, optics, and ammo.  I made it a point to buy little stuff at their overinflated prices so I could be seen in there as a "regular" customer.  I then approached Bill, one of the owners and told him I shot a LOT of ammo.  He said, "That's great, I'll sell you a LOT of ammo."  I asked what kind of price I could get for Winchester White Box .45ACP if I bought it by the case.  He told me he would give me 10% off their $15/box price.  That's outrageous.  I asked about cases of Q3131A and he wanted $5/box.  That's $250/case for 5.56.  I get it regularly for $150/case at the gun shows from the same guy.

I had their "gunsmith" do a trigger job on my Kimber Custom CDP.  First, he broke the sear spring and I had to wait 2 weeks for that part to come in.  Then, he lightened the trigger pull so much that after every shot, the hammer would fall to half-cocked.

They are the closest gun store to me, but unless I absolutely need something like BreakFree (which is very high priced there), I don't even bother to go in there.  It's a damn shame that they have a nice store and won't cater to high volume customers.

Examples of prices on their firearms and then prices of what I can get the same one for at 3 or more stores in Atlanta:

Bushmaster 20" - B&B - $899   Other - $779
Kimber Pro Eclipse - B&B - $1129   Other - $899
Glock 17 - B&B - $599    Other $479
Winchester .45ACP - B&B $15   Other - $9.50
Q3131A - B&B - $5.00    Other $3.00
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 4:19:33 PM EDT
[#2]
BigDawg308 what other shops in Atlanta do you got to to get those prices?
TIA

ARH
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 4:45:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Has anybody tried "Franklins" in Athens Ga? I was just there last week. They have a very large collection of almost every handgun and rifle out there. They also have class 3 rentals at thier shooting range next door. The prices weren't that bad, as far as I remember[;)]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 4:49:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
BigDawg308 what other shops in Atlanta do you got to to get those prices?
TIA

ARH
View Quote

AR's - either Dixie Firearms in Buford [url]http://www.dixieguns.com[/url] or Bernie's Sports in Lilburn [url]http://www.bernies-sports.com[/url]

Glocks - Bullseye in Lawrenceville or Bernie's

Kimbers - Bullseye in Lawrenceville, Hot Shots in Marietta, or Galyans

Ammo - Classic Pawn in Chickamauga (They are at all of the Eastman shows and I get it from them all the time at the prices stated earlier.)
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 4:53:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks BigDawg308.

ARH
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 4:55:09 PM EDT
[#6]
No problem.  I like helping a fellow shooter keep a few bucks in his pocket so he can spend it on extra ammo for the range. ;)
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:14:15 PM EDT
[#7]
The owner of Bernie,s is a very stand up guy.  I purchased a pre-ban Eagle Arms M-4 from him at the Cobb Civic Center, this gun was an absolute P.O.S.  Armalite finally agreed to refund my money, mind you the gun had been back six times an still didn't work.  While I was still fighting with them over a refund they informed me that I probably didn't know how to shot as the new owner was very happy with the gun.  While not a marksman I do believe I'm an OK shooter and what were they doing selling what was at the time my gun (no refund-gun in for repair).  At this point the owner of Bernie's offered to refund my money less sales tax, this was more than he had to do as my beef was with Armalite.  It was their product and they should refund my money, Bernie I'm assuming that is the owner gave me a full refund less sales tax (he didn't put the tax in his pocket).  Hold this in mind, THE OWNER IS A STAND UP GUY.  
            Simon Currey
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top