Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2002 5:30:59 PM EDT
Dear Gregory Donovan:
Thank you for your letter. I have forwarded your feedback on the Sniper Shootings on to our Metro Editors for review.

Thank you for taking your time to write to us about this editorial.

Sincerely,

Sarah Abruzzese
Customer Care
washingtonpost.com
email: [email protected]

GDonovan wrote:

Your editorial "One Shot, One Kill" was a masterpiece of disinformation written by somebody who knows next to nothing about firearms, or is simply manipulating the uninformed public. The .223 rifle round was an evolutionary development of the small varmit type hunting cartridge.  There are over a dozen different type bullets made to use the .223 cartridge. It is still a very popular varmit cartridge. There are hundreds of cartridges that are vastly more powerful and shoot at much longer ranges than the .223 (5.56mm). The .223's small size and fragile construction have the effect of causing the 55-62 grain bullets to disintegrate at short ranges when the velocity is still above 2700fps. If the bullet weight is heavier, the bullet slows down rapidly, but the weight of the bullet makes it more effective at long range. Any caliber cartridge can be tested with similar results. The .223 has a reputation for under penetration, that is why the military added a steel penetrator to the bullet. Commercially manufactured ammo for the civilian market does not have the steel penetrator. Your organization has lost a significant amount of credibility with me over this piece of propaganda you called an "editorial". The fact is, the public hides behind gun owners everyday. To understand my meaning, put a large sign in your yard and take out an ad in the paper that lists your home address. The message should read, "Proud to be a gun free home." Let's compare crime statistics in five years and see who is safer. Gregory Donovan

I can only wonder at how many lists I am on now.

Link Posted: 10/10/2002 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh, be honest Donovan! Here's what she really said-

Dear Gregory Donovan:
Thank you for your letter.

Fuck you, we don't care. We report things as we feel they should be reported, regardless of the truth.  

Go to hell, you piece of shit.

Sincerely,

Sarah Abruzzese
Customer Care
washingtonpost.com
email: [email protected]
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top