Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2002 10:02:02 AM EDT
The cops asked the public to call if they see  anyone carrying trombone or other similar types of cases as guns could be concealed in them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 10:09:47 AM EDT
[#1]
it's rather frightening if this is the best they can do.

btw, any mention of oboe or contra bassoon cases?
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
it's rather frightening if this is the best they can do.
View Quote

Yes.  Yes, it is.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 10:27:21 AM EDT
[#3]
bleat..bleat.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 10:39:50 AM EDT
[#4]
That strongly suggests the a Bass Fiddle case contains a nuclear weapon and the terrorist to detonate it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 10:43:44 AM EDT
[#5]
This is beyond ridiculous.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Guys, this isn't so whacky.  I hope it's not all they are doing, but I sure wouldn't be sporting a Starlight or "asault" case if I were eluding the cops.  Do you think the average person is thinking about all the types of ways to conceal the rifle?

The right person sees this guy and drops a dime, he's out of circulation.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 11:06:29 AM EDT
[#7]
A little while ago, that moron governor of Maryland was in front of the microphones saying that the shooter should, [b]"...stop this violence and turn himself in."[/b][shock]

I damn near fell out of my chair.  Spoken like a true liberal weenie.  Nothing but feel good BS.  That was right up there with the absolutely dumbest things I have EVER heard in my entire life!   [rolleyes]

Then, a reporter actually mentioned the [b]"T-Word"[/b].  That brilliant chief Moose said to the reporter that since various federal agencies are now involved in the investigation, that should be all the answer that the reporter needed.

They are scared...very scared.  This is a terror cell at work and the cops are helpless...as are the unarmed sheeple.  The authorities are doing their best to avoid a general panic.

Link Posted: 10/8/2002 11:48:31 AM EDT
[#8]
That's profiling!

If they're going to stop guys carrying trombones, then they sure as hell better stop those 8-year old Chinese girls carrying violins to their weekly "Suzuki Method" violin lesson.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 12:11:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That's profiling!

If they're going to stop guys carrying trombones, then they sure as hell better stop those 8-year old Chinese girls carrying violins to their weekly "Suzuki Method" violin lesson.
View Quote

[B]HOLY SHIT!  The dreaded "P-Word!"[/b]

Listen...we are NOT allowed to profile no matter what.  We will NOT be pulling over swarthy arab looking dudes and tossing their cars...no matter WHAT.  We won't do it!  We just won't and that's all there is to that!  [whacko]

(Just keep thinking...It's one angry McVeigh clone with an ax to grind against everybody...white, black, brown, young, old, female, male...everybody!)

Sure it is...<>
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 12:15:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The cops asked the public to call if they see  anyone carrying trombone or other similar types of cases as guns could be concealed in them.
View Quote

It could be OJ! Are there any golf courses nearby? Golf bags are a good hiding place. Search all the golfers[%|]
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 12:23:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Just got done watching CNN talk-back live. The hostess Ms. Neville thinks there can't be that many people who can shoot that well. Boy did the guest commentators ever open her eyes. I'm sure everyone here can think of at least 50 people who are that good of a shot. Also, as you may have heard, they know now that the cartridge used is a .223. They apparently have 1 or 2 caseings now.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 12:24:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Hell, for all we or anyone knows, it could be those 3 idiots who shot off their mouth at the Shoney's in Georgia.  I would love it if this turned out to be the case.  Not saying it is, just kinda wishing it would since it would be so ironic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top