Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2013 10:46:07 PM EDT
I can get Knackwurst and that yummy Sweet Bavarian Mustard oh and .99 cent Pineapples.

What I do not like about shopping at Aldi , those damn shopping carts that you have to put a quarter up as a deposit for.  

Anyone else shop at one besides me?
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:48:24 PM EDT
[#1]
It's too far to shop at Aldis
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:49:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It's too far to shop at Aldis

That sucks for you.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:50:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I can get Knackwurst and that yummy Sweet Bavarian Mustard oh and .99 cent Pineapples.

What I do not like about shopping at Aldi , those damn shopping carts that you have to put a quarter up as a deposit for.  

You get the quarter back, right?
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:51:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah its just a pain in the ass to have to bring the cart back to the cart pen area by the store.  I know am being lazy.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:51:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yeah. I don't bother with the cart too often, I just throw everything into the ALDI jumbo canvas bag.

Those bags are supposedly breeding grounds for bacteria...

but I'm buying shit in boxes at Aldi, I don't see any need for worry.

Even their produce is wrapped up well, but I don't buy too much of that there anyway.

No meat or dairy from Aldi.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:52:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah its just a pain in the ass to have to bring the cart back to the cart pen area by the store.  I know am being lazy.

Really lazy. I fucking hate people who can't return a cart to a corral.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:52:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Great deals on decent coffee.  Also, chips and mayonnaise.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:53:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Wait, you have to put a deposit down for a cart? Bet I could get more than 25 cents for the scrap metal
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:53:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Aldi's is great. I get most of my groceries there. Their canned goods are usually as good or better than national brands. Great prices for setting aside emergency food supply.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Huge tubs of sherbet!!!!1
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:54:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Wait, you have to put a deposit down for a cart? Bet I could get more than 25 cents for the scrap metal

Bubbles?

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:54:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Great deals on decent coffee.  Also, chips and mayonnaise.

I like the chips. Those Clancy's BBQ are really awesome I prefer them to Lays BBQ.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:55:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:56:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Around here, there would be 2 bums hoping you would leave your cart in the lot.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:57:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bubbles?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l57dzn18t11qcbtgpo1_400.jpg

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:57:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Around here, there would be 2 bums hoping you would leave your cart in the lot.

I am too cheap to do that. I want my quarter back .
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:57:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not his car that it'll smack into, he doesn't give a shit.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:58:51 PM EDT
[#18]
I like the doppelkeks
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:59:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not his car that it'll smack into, he doesn't give a shit.

I did not say I did not take it back , I said I do not like doing it. I am also cheap and want my quarter.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:59:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your the reason it costs a quarter, lol. I can't get the wife to shop there, she thinks its all made in China and everyone that shops there is dirty. Damn women
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:03:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your the reason it costs a quarter, lol. I can't get the wife to shop there, she thinks its all made in China and everyone that shops there is dirty. Damn women

The Aldi's around here are clean , the staff is polite and what few groceries I buy , are bought there these days. The prices are cheap. I buy no meats , eggs, or produce save for pineapples, bananas, mangoes and oranges.  Mostly dried goods, and things like Knackwurst cause there is not another place around here that carries them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:04:25 PM EDT
[#22]
The nearest Aldi, is in a town that once had the highest per capita murder rate in the country, and ahead of Detroit, Camden, and Membabwe.

The Cannned goods are almost all from China. A large number of the non Canned goods are also from China. Check the COO labeling if you aren't into eating toxic waste.

Aside from the bargains on European overstocks, and US produce in season, ours kinda sucks, and smells like "Semi-retired Crack whore".

Every once in a while, they get in some really top of the line Cheeses from Europe, and it makes it worth hauling out the belt feds and setting up the ring mount, to take the trip.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:10:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Aldi's World Headquarters are next to my workplace, and their official corporate showroom store is a mile from my house.  That's pretty cool.

Some of their stuff is just awful, but if you read the labels, you can weed that stuff out.   They have some absolutely awesome product at extraordinarily good prices.

Read the labels.  The more you know, etc.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:12:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Aldi's World Headquarters are next to my workplace, and their official corporate showroom store is a mile from my house.  That's pretty cool.

Some of their stuff is just awful, but if you read the labels, you can weed that stuff out.   They have some absolutely awesome product at extraordinarily good prices.

You live in Germany?
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:23:52 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't return the carts because I'm goddam rich.  Some street person can return it and get my quarter.  I've got more important shit to do.

Capitalism.  It works.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:25:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You live in Germany?

I maybe should have said Aldi's US headquarters.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:25:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I make a quarter or two off of folks like you on occasion.  Or just catch someone getting out of their car.

It's closer for me to take a cart all the way back to the store at Aldi than it is to a cart pen at Wal Mart.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:31:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I make a quarter or two off of folks like you on occasion.  Or just catch someone getting out of their car.

It's closer for me to take a cart all the way back to the store at Aldi than it is to a cart pen at Wal Mart.

Actually i usually look for  someone to give me a quarter for my cart. Thats the optimal solution.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:43:57 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually i usually look for  someone to give me a quarter for my cart. Thats the optimal solution.

I did that yesterday. I'm walking to the entrance, and a guy was returing an empty cart. "Here's your quarter" I said. It was an exchange so smooth, Olympic gold medal relay runners would be humbled.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:46:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did that yesterday. I'm walking to the entrance, and a guy was returing an empty cart. "Here's your quarter" I said. It was an exchange so smooth, Olympic gold medal relay runners would be humbled.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:47:05 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks!  And you're welcome for the quarter.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 11:48:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!  And you're welcome for the quarter.

Best post of the thread...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top