Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2002 10:19:29 AM EDT
Hey, I was having an argument with a friend about what movie is better from a gun standpoint and overall. So, I though I would put it to a vote.

Matrix gets my vote.
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 10:27:45 AM EDT
[#1]
If he said Heat he was right.
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 10:38:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow, that is a good list of flicks--they're all great.  My vote goes to The Matrix.  Very cool, and it has Rage Against The Machine on the soundtrack!
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 10:40:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Red Dawn shows the potential of private gun ownership, so it wins in my book.

Heat was fun.  

The Matrix was plain silly, from a gun standpoint (excellent in other way).  Why carry 38 guns when you can just change magazines?  [i]"I ran out of bullets.  Do I reload, or just drop the gun and go with another?"[/i]  Duh.
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#4]
APOCALYPSE NOW Reduex:

Huey Gunships
M-16s
Napalm

Nuf said
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 10:53:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I have to go with HEAT also.

The gun handling was mostly top-notch. Especially Val Kilmer in the bank robbery shootout. You can watch him really work the trigger. Short bursts shot rapidly. He really looks like he knows what he's doing. DeNiro looks pretty good too. Pacino is a bit weak with his FNC. But all in all, very good gun handling.
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 12:01:03 PM EDT
[#6]
[b]Red Dawn[/b], as it shows gun owners as the heroes, and not as particularly violent criminals.

In [b]Heat[/b], the Tom Sizemore character, after being portrayed as a particularly warm family man, has the sort of character that would permit him to pick up someone else's child to use as a shield/hostage.

That's crap, and it's a pretty evil piece of crap, at that.

The weapons in [b]Red Dawn[/b] were just as entertaining as anything seen in [b]Heat[/b].

Eric The(Patriotic)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 12:07:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#8]
BHD. Why? Because it really happened.
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 2:05:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My vote goes to The Matrix.  Very cool, and it has Rage Against The Machine on the soundtrack!
View Quote
In my book, that would be a reason NOT to watch it.  POS commies!

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 2:17:14 PM EDT
[#10]
My vote also goes to [b]Red Dawn[/b] for it's positive portrayal of private gun ownership, gun owners as heros, the possibility of a SHTF situation that was certainly credible at the time (Russians, Cubans, nukes, etc.), and last of all for one key scene that I think argues against the registration of firearms. The General tells his underling to [red]"go to the sporting goods store and locate all of the forms numbered 4473. It will contain information on those who own guns."[/red]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top