Link Posted: 4/23/2013 3:40:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Stone mountain?

We have a winner, imagine how much time and skill it took to

carve those.

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 3:41:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I need to get the decendants of the third pic to engrave my lower.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Stone mountain?

carve those.

I dunno, one of those pictures had a backwards "N".

Couldn't be that hard to run a hammer and chisel.

I bet the "Pro's" probably used a charcoal pencil to draw the design, and then hammered it out when it was finished. At least, that's what I would do.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stone mountain?

carve those.

I dunno, one of those pictures had a backwards "N".

Couldn't be that hard to run a hammer and chisel.

It seems to be intentional?

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Could be Stone Mt.

There's a place near me called 40 acre rock. Basically, it's a giant rock, but it's actually about 14 acres. There are other large rock outcroppings that extend about 40 acres total.

Anyway, there's stuff like that all over it. Pretty cool.

It was sort of a tradition to mark your name and the date in it up until they started "protecting" it about 20 years ago.

As kids, we'd go there with the family for picnics, and for nature walks and things.

As teens, we'd go there after dark to camp out, bonfire, get drunk and otherwise inebriated in various ways, and to get laid. Of course and as a teen, you'd be head over heels , and you'd write both your names in the rock surrounded with the usual heart and arrow design with the words forever in there.

Most of the more recent names disappear after a while, getting worn away by the weather and foot traffic, since they really weren't that deeply inscribed.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top