Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2002 9:29:43 PM EDT
[url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/story/0,3605,803041,00.html[/url]

Great article, can you imagine going after big mo-fo's like that without a firearm?
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 9:43:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Steve Kobrine took an African elephant at 45 yards with one shot from a [b]BOW[/b]. The cave-dudes had spears and bows. And they were hunting for survival. It is doable. One of the three most popular theories of the extinction of the super mammals is the "kill" theory. We hunted them to death.....

(The most widely known American super mammal was the giant beaver. About ten feet long, and probably much more of a threat to a hunter than the modern beaver.)

I have no desire to go to Jurassic Park and be T-rex or raptor food. But id they clone Mammoths and other extinct super mammals, I would gladly pay for the safari to hunt them....

Scott
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 9:45:54 PM EDT
[#2]
OMG! Sorry, Sir. I did not see the author name on the thread. Not knocking you in [b]ANY[/b] way, Sir. Honest.....

Scott

Link Posted: 10/6/2002 9:52:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Atlatls, baby
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
OMG! Sorry, Sir. I did not see the author name on the thread. Not knocking you in [b]ANY[/b] way, Sir. Honest.....

Scott

View Quote

[>:/] Did I miss something?
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 9:59:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
(The most widely known American super mammal was the giant beaver. About ten feet long, and probably much more of a threat to a hunter than the modern beaver.)
View Quote

Giant beaver is still a threat to mankind today. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 10:02:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scott

View Quote

View Quote

Apparently. If you are unaware that you [b]NEVER[/b] fornicate with Mr. Kaiser Soze. Mr. Kaiser Soze Sir, Sir. Sorry, Sir.

Scott

Link Posted: 10/6/2002 10:05:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Giant beaver is still a threat to mankind today. [:D]
View Quote

Especially here in Orygun, where it is ILLEGAL to shoot beavers. [:O] Can you imagine that? However will you defend yourself????

NMSight
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 10:16:26 PM EDT
[#8]
mmmmmm......beaver

I'll let someone else hunt those big furry elephants while I do that cave-painting thing and record their exploits.

FOTBR
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 10:24:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scott

View Quote

View Quote

Apparently. If you are unaware that you [b]NEVER[/b] fornicate with Mr. Kaiser Soze. Mr. Kaiser Soze Sir, Sir. Sorry, Sir.

Scott

View Quote

ok...I haven't the slightest clue wtf you are talking about...which means that you probobly are referring to an old TV show that I've never seen. Am I right? (btw, this sucks, because you probobly said something funny and I don't even get to laugh.[:(])
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 10:29:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I too am missing the joke here.  Oh well.  Go ahead and laugh.

FOTBR
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Go to BB and rent "The Usual Suspects". Get the DVD, with the extra shit (I think you have to flip it).  

Scott

Link Posted: 10/6/2002 11:15:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 11:37:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Scott

View Quote

No offense taken. :D
I focus my energies on government thugs and politicians.  You have nothing to worry about.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top