Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/4/2002 7:58:13 PM EDT
I shit you not - I just watched some dumbass hold up an old AR-15 (pre-ban, A-1 configuration) and state that this was a Colt AR-15, similar to the weapon likely used in the killings AND, IF ANYBODY KNOWS OF THE PRESENCE OF SUCH RIFLES IN THEIR COMMUNITIES, TO NOTIFY THE AUTHORITIES!!!
WTF???

When is one reporter worth a shit going to challenge these morons on how they come to these conclusions? How can a rifle so acceptable in the hands of law enforcement become so evil in the hands of citizens? The networks ooohhh and ahhhh whenever the "evil black rifles” are put on display. No reporter seems willing or able to even asked the question, "what is it about the evidence you have seen that makes you conclude it is any more likely a semi-auto vs. a bolt action, or a black rifle vs. one with a wooden stock?"

I want to hold some sense of faith in my fellow man - here's to hoping some decent small-town reporters are increasing our guest numbers here in an honest effort to do some real research - so as not to repeat the BS the ATF and other law enforcement “experts” are spewing.

ADD: I checked the corner of the TV - the network showing this was NBC (it's often hard for me to keep track since I am actually watching AFN)

Adam
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 8:06:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 8:08:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you've hit real close to our main problem - the media; not pooliticians, not cops, not even the NWOs.

How many do you know?  How many can you influence or coerce?  There are skeletons in everyones closet.

We've got to shut them up!
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this not an act of terror? Wait until some terrorists, and yes that what these people are, drive down your street with a .50 mounted in that van and several thousand rounds of ammo. It could happen. When will US citizens begin to learn that the police are not going to protect them from the criminals. Look at Israel! It could happen here!
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 8:09:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So what should I do if I own one?

[^]
View Quote

Well, since I'm apparently too close to blind to be a threat (so claims the DOD), you should send your rifles to me for safe keeping until you are cleared by the DOJ.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 8:09:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 8:10:31 PM EDT
[#6]
For the love of God and all things decent--REPORT YOURSELF!

:D
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We best not talk about AR's right now. So got any new fish poles?
View Quote

I'm thinking about getting this cheap Romanian fishing pole I saw. It won't cut much into my rent, and might be fun for tooling around the lake, but I'm worried about the quality of finish, and the alingment of the eyelits, since I'd be buying it online.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 8:14:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh great, I bet my neighbor who thinks I'm a nutjob for having guns is gonna love this request....
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 8:15:04 PM EDT
[#9]
american gun owners are being discriminated against and profiled. this is illegal. but it is being done by the goverment and media. we are not fanatics,or mass killers. we are being fucked out of our constitional rights, in the name of bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 8:20:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Nope, I don't have any nice new fishing poles.  What I do have is a big, evil, nasty, black rifle.  The kind that the press fears, the kind that holds a 30 round magazine, the kind that uses the all of a sudden "large caliber" .223 cartridge (oh yeah, I forgot, they can't even get that right, they called it a "High caliber"...dumbasses).  It is semi automatic, it is highly accurate, and it has never killed anyone.  I will not hide it in fear, I will not vanquish it to the closet, I will not tell my best friends who know of it never to speak about it. It is a posession of mine and I am proud of it.  It will do no harm, nor will I.  It is an inanimate object, not a mugger, a rapist, a pillager, or a murder.  It is solely a tool, and a tool is only as good, or bad, as it's user.  No, I have no new spiffy fishing poles, what I do have is a black rifle, and so long as no tyrant comes to take it from me, it will, and I will, do no harm to anyone.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 8:22:38 PM EDT
[#11]
What would happen if the local police department were suddenly flooded with calls saying "my neighbor has an AR-15".  Talk about tying up some resources...

sounds like passive rebellion to me.  [;)]

Bradd
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 8:23:18 PM EDT
[#12]
HOLY SHIT!  Its implied in some of your posts that you own AR15's!  Is that true?  I'm only here to make fun of those third grade educated, paramilitary-redneck-alcoholic-losers that own them!  What black market did you buy them on?  Is it the Russian mob?
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We best not talk about AR's right now. So got any new fish poles?
View Quote

I'm looking for a fishing pole with a range of 6000 meters.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Someone should mail in a list of addresses where small arms can be found on almost every person...........all the police precincts for Mongomery County.

I could see this "snitch on you neighbor", if they KNEW what type of weapon it was. All they say is 90% .223. That could be anything. If they "knew" the weapon was a .338 Lapua, synthetiv stock, Leupold scope, with a bipod, and asked for tips that would be different.

Chances are though the people involved have already told people, or it is painfully aware to people that know them what they did. And those people will turn around and say stuff like "not my business", "I don't want to get involved, or testifiy", "I didn't know FOR SURE, so I didn't call."............
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 8:54:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I saw this crap on CNN this morning. One reporter asked if this was a more deadly round than used in other rifles. The FBI agent stood there for a minute and then went off about how this was military type ammo and was very deadly, etc, never once stating that to be shot with .308, 30.06, .300 Mag, .454, etc would be much more devastating. Granted a head shot with just about anything is likely to be fatal but, geez...They really seemed to be bent on whipping up some anti-AW fervor. Didn't seem to take much, either.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 8:57:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Guys...found something weird. I went in my room, and found a big black safe, will all sorts of black rifles in it!!!! Furthermore, theres a reloading bench, and a shitload of firearm periodicals and flyers!!!!

I feel dirty, I feel profiled and violated.

Can I sue?

Yeah, it was either the FBI, but more likely IIRC an ATF shithead that said that about reporting those with ARs.

Well, I've worn my AR15.com shirt enough around this neighborhood and my property to 'advertise' so we'll see.

ATTN Feds - please use side door, front porch steps are a doozie. Bring cookies for the Rotties, and there is no need to get all dressed up for me and scare my family. Simply knock, I'll have the coffee on.

PS: All my firearms are legal, present and accounted for - not that it matters as 'reason' doesnt apply when you hire loose cannon, camera jockey shitheads like that.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 9:00:06 PM EDT
[#17]
The fog on this seems to be lifting, it is now being reported on [url]www.worldnetdaily.com[/url] That witnesses state the two may be of hispanic or darker skinned descent possibly middle eastern. Maybe the "assult rifle" could very well be a scoped AK-74 variant.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 9:04:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

[^]
View Quote

Send it to camp Steve! Located in next to nothing Texas. I promise they will be excercised and fed regularly.[bounce]
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 9:20:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

[^]
View Quote

As an honest, law-abiding citizen, you must turn yourself in.[:D]
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 9:25:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
HOLY SHIT!  Its implied in some of your posts that you own AR15's!  Is that true?  I'm only here to make fun of those third grade educated, paramilitary-redneck-alcoholic-losers that own them!  What black market did you buy them on?  Is it the Russian mob?
View Quote

Watch yer mouth, Balzak!  

I take offense to your "Russian Mob" comment.  

I bought my last AR from a former Mall Security Officer.  

I, for one, have my shit together....  BDU's, Vodka, coloring books, crayons, Prozak, and contact info for my local "unenjoyment office" are all in my bug out gear....

[devil]
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 9:30:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I told you all how long ago that this is the way it would start. HAHAHA!

Quoted:
HOLY SHIT!  Its implied in some of your posts that you own AR15's!  Is that true?  
View Quote

Maybe for most here, but not me.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 9:30:58 PM EDT
[#22]
After reading the above world net article, I have come to the conclusion that the projectiles are tipped with a radar range determining device so that they can expand to .5 inches just before impact.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 9:38:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Bradd D:
What would happen if the local police department were suddenly flooded with calls saying "my neighbor has an AR-15".  Talk about tying up some resources...

sounds like passive rebellion to me.  [;)]

Bradd
View Quote

Hey...I've seen the dudes!!! Must of been hundreds of them!! They all have crazy street names relating to guns and military stuff!!!

Shit, where's that phone #?
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#24]
From the WorldNetDaily article...listen to this crap from 'professionals' in the ATF:

"ATF ballistics experts have determined that a high-velocity rifle firing a .223-caliber bullet was used in at least three of the shootings. The bullet is used in hunting rifles and M-16s and makes a large wound as it enters the body."

"...large wound when it enters the body" ????

Everytime an ATF 'Expert' opens their mouth, it shows how ignorant they are. Yes the fact when the round strikes the SKULL its gonna be messy or perhaps exits, but as it enters the body??????

Once again proof to be hired by the ATF, you must know the alphabet, and only get a maximum of two letters wrong.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 9:53:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Hell.  I think I'll go over and invite all my neighbors over and show them my AR's.  I don't think they've ever seen them.  Here in Illinois you can't take them out without a case so they are always cased up when I go to the range.

I can't wait!  Maybe I'll invite some of my wifes friends over too.  That ought to freak them all out.

Maybe some of them will even come to the range and  try them out.  That ought to take away some of the mystique. [}:D]

Link Posted: 10/4/2002 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Does anyone else find it slightly amusing that the talked about how accurate the rifle is, and no one even mentioned a Mini-14?
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:14:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

We've got to shut them up!
View Quote

you've got the guns right? go visit CNN HQ and make them shut up
THE ABOVE COMMENT WAS A JOKE, A JOKE GET IT, A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (<---FOR THE MODS)
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:19:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

[^]
View Quote
Just tell the Beekeeper he will lock it for you...[:D]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:25:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
american gun owners are being discriminated against and profiled. this is illegal. but it is being done by the goverment and media. we are not fanatics,or mass killers. we are being fucked out of our constitional rights, in the name of bullshit.
View Quote

I concur, and that's exactly how I would've put it!!!
It's precise, concise, and plain fucking English. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:43:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Did they give a radius on how far from crimes to report neighbors with AR-15s? If not, I think we should all call the number and say hey I own a an AR15 and I have every right to own one also. Just be polite and keep it short and simple. They deserve it for basically labeling all AR15 owners as somewhat less than law abiding citizens.

Anyone have the number?
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:58:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:10:14 AM EDT
[#32]
So I guess I should expect the cops to come knocking at my door since I recently purcahsed 1000 rounds of IMI SS109 AMMO and 5 Hi-cap magazines and a AR15 rifle from DPMS. just picked it up yesterday, felt nervous about carrying it out of the shop since the parking lot is big alot of people looked at me funny  
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:29:58 AM EDT
[#33]
How about this one.... The graphic slash on CNN yesterday stated that "the AR-15 is especially good for hitting moving targets......" WTF? Since just about ALL of you have greater general firearms knowledge than I do, somebody jump in on this one. What could possibly give these people the idea that my AR is better for hitting a moving target than Imbroglio's 10/22 or a 50 BMG. I mean, where the hell are these morons getting their facts?
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:54:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 10:39:33 AM EDT
[#35]
The irony is that quite a few AR15.com members have eagerly embraced the idea of profiling all Muslims as potential terrorists.

Profiling is inherently unjust.  Why do we have to wait till we’re victims of it to understand that?

On a different note, the amount of technical misinformation being put out by these LE organizations is incredible.  

I suspect the real problem is that the LE technicians who know actually this stuff aren’t the ones on TV.  The one’s we’re seeing are the bosses who want their 15 minutes of fame and who just make up stuff as they go along!

And - as usual - even though the members of the media truly haven’t a clue, they are also quite willing to make stuff up just to look smart!

[b]anothergene[/b]  Actually the Police in the local news are getting pretty darn close to saying that if your neighbor has an AR, you should turn him in.  

I was in NYC during Son of Sam and I remember plenty of people turning other people in.  An acquaintance was surveilled by the NYPD for several days and was ultimately interviewed since someone else had turned him in.

The sooner they get this guy, the better for everyone!
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 10:59:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
[b]anothergene[/b]  Actually the Police in the local news are getting pretty darn close to saying that if your neighbor has an AR, you should turn him in.  
View Quote

[url]http://www.msnbc.com/m/c/ctv_emailthis.asp?id=nn_odonnell_shootings_021004&subid=&sk=msnbc&sl=&0mw=x92[/url]

Click on the link and view the video.  Note how much time is devoted to the "evil" black rifles and how the police chief says "people need to call us if these types of weapons are in their community".

Sure Leroy, sure...[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/badrazz.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 10/5/2002 11:36:08 AM EDT
[#37]
The neighbors will have to turn me in three times I guess. FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS....
MM419
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 11:51:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Profiling is not inherently unjust.  Profiling should be used when it sufficiently narrows down the pool of likely suspects.  AR owners and .223 owners are too numerous to help the cops; too much white noise.

As for Muslims, there's a lot fewer of them and far more involved in serious terrorism and/or complicity than AR owners from what I can tell.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 12:03:06 PM EDT
[#39]
[url]www.comeandtakeit.com[/url]

October 2, 1835, Mexican tyrant Santa Anna tries to disarm Texans at Gonzales, whose response is to fly this flag, Texas' first battle flag.

[img]http://www.comeandtakeit.com/small230.gif[/img]

1990's, American and international
tyrants try to disarm citizens, who
again fly ole' Come and Take It.

[img]http://www.comeandtakeit.com/doofis.gif[/img]

50 BMGs are top priority for gun control advocates, and should be at the top of our list to defend. Variously, efforts are underway to ban, register, or re-classify these fine weapons as Class III (machineguns). Our response to these efforts is a resounding NO!

[img]http://www.comeandtakeit.com/cati-bmg.gif[/img]

[b][size=4]Any Questions?[/size=4][/b]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 12:49:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

[^]
View Quote

Turn yourself in Like a good Citizen Comrade & Soon this will be a workers Paradise like North Korea! [b]"NOT"[/b]

The Balls on these bastards, Turn in all AR15 rifle owners to the Geatapo!
Watch how If this nut turns out to be OF MIDDLE EASTERN DECENT they dont dare mention the word "TERRORIST"
That might offend someone!  
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 1:02:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The irony is that quite a few AR15.com members have eagerly embraced the idea of profiling all Muslims as potential terrorists.

Profiling is inherently unjust.  Why do we have to wait till we’re victims of it to understand that?

View Quote

HAHAHA! Yup, most people have the "Law enforcement should be able to do whatever they want, just as long as it doesn't apply to me" disease. That is why the Republic is lost.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Profiling is inherently unjust.  Why do we have to wait till we?re victims of it to understand that?

View Quote

HAHAHA! Yup, most people have the "Law enforcement should be able to do whatever they want, just as long as it doesn't apply to me" disease. That is why the Republic is lost.
View Quote

Ain't it the truth?

------------------------

I was just watching CNN (forgive me father for I have sinned), and they ran a special little clip on the weapon being used.  [b]Five seconds[/b] was run on other guns (bolt actions, singles, etc), and the rest of the segment, a good 5-8 minutes was run on profiling the AR-15.  What go me laughing (or crying) was how they described the AR:  "Colt AR15 high-power semi-automatic assault weapon."

I'm suprised "baby killing" wasn't thrown in.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 1:16:08 PM EDT
[#43]
sounds like standard stupid feds/police to me. so what the hell they going to do if they catch the guy with a Remington 700ADL, or maybe Ruger M77 so chambered. I will say ban the damn bolt guns they just kill people. HAHAHAHA joking of course. but i have had Deer hunting buddies say the same about my AR. "What you got that thing for. Its just make to kill people." NRA deer hunter he is.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 4:09:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The bullet is used in hunting rifles and M-16s and makes a large wound as it enters the body."
View Quote

Not to be too picky, but they are technically correct.  .223 rounds due tend to make a very impressive wound cavity.  Much more damaged flesh than a .308.  Nasty lesson learned in Vietnam.  Shoot somebody with a .223 and they are very likely to survive for a few days, then die of complications as the damaged internal cavity turns necrotic.

The WWII .30 might put a man down with a single hit, but was more difficult for the average soldier to shoot.  The more modern .223 could actually be more effective since it resulted in fewer kills and required more people to haul the wounded off and care for them.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 4:17:43 PM EDT
[#45]
I wonder what the reaction would be to them displaying a "Gear Queered" M-Forgery, SPR-clone, etc., like what we have on this board?

Chris
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 4:24:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The bullet is used in hunting rifles and M-16s and makes a large wound as it enters the body."
View Quote

Not to be too picky, but they are technically correct.  .223 rounds due tend to make a very impressive wound cavity.  Much more damaged flesh than a .308.  Nasty lesson learned in Vietnam.  Shoot somebody with a .223 and they are very likely to survive for a few days, then die of complications as the damaged internal cavity turns necrotic.

The WWII .30 might put a man down with a single hit, but was more difficult for the average soldier to shoot.  The more modern .223 could actually be more effective since it resulted in fewer kills and required more people to haul the wounded off and care for them.
View Quote

Sorry, but this theory has been disproven so many times it's not funny.  We just want to wound them...that is a bunch of BS.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 4:28:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Local newcast just reported is was a "high-intensity" rifle. The ignorance in media, boggles the mind.

monu labe?
muna Laba?
Dali lama?
Moonu Labe?
Mon lamb?
mon nucli?

Whatever that great quote is..

[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 4:38:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
sounds like standard stupid feds/police to me. [u]so what the hell they going to do if they catch the guy with a Remington 700ADL, or maybe Ruger M77 so chambered[/u]. I will say ban the damn bolt guns they just kill people. HAHAHAHA joking of course. but i have had Deer hunting buddies say the same about my AR. "What you got that thing for. Its just make to kill people." NRA deer hunter he is.
View Quote

There will be brief, if ANY, mention of the weapon type if it turns out to be a NON black rifle.

Chris
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 4:38:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Heard chief Moose talking about they had over 600 calls about people who owned black rifles "acting strange", and "wearing camoflage". He urged people to keep calling, and that they are following up all leads.

Welcome to operation tips......

What do you anti-tinfoil types think about them apples????
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 4:53:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I can't believe this hasn't been locked yet...[;)]
View Quote

Why should it be locked? Are the staff here that afraid of the government? This is all free speach; nothing I've seen printed here has ever come close to being as bad as the crap put out by loud mouths like Stern and Springer. Let's all stop being so damn afraid. That's what the anti's want.

Oh and Imbroglio, you're an idiot.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top