Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2002 12:49:56 PM EDT
i took my sister and GF to dinner & to a concert last night. everything was going great. towards the end of the concert, GF was just on the outside/back edge of all the folks whoopin it up in front of the stage with one of her friends, & my buddy. i was off to the side with sis watching the band.

during last couples songs, my bladder was the size of a large badger, so i made my way over to the jon (by bar & enterance) & after, i rejoined sis. the show endend, lights are on & i made my way to the enterance & bar. there's two bouncers standing by my GF & my buddy. buddy is all sweaty, GF has a bloody lip & a swollen nose. [shock] [shock]

WTF!?!?!?! what happened!?! turns out a group of rowdy little 20 year olds were randomly taking pot shots at folks and decided to target the GF. they socked my GF in the face!!! [pissed] [pissed] [pissed] [shock] [pissed]

my buddy said "no problem, i punched him twice in the head, and GF punched the other one, and delivered some good 'ol kidney kicks." [beer] [beer]

BG's GF? got involved during the scuffle, and i was told later that my GF proceeded to give a nice pressure point control tactic to the neck to take control (i tought her that, hehehe). [beer]

anyway, i'm trying to make sure GF is ok while silently kicking myself that the moment i leave, fate has to take a shit in my mess kit. i was mad that i wasn't there to help her. [stick]  bouncer does not care (like that's a surprise), says we gotta leave i said "no problem, where are those other ass captains?" i was informed that they already threw them out. i said thanks.

it was about to get ugly...real ugly.

upon getting to the door, buddy notices that there's between 6-8 of them waiting for us outside. i was lead, so i stopped & informed the bouncer that WE ARE NOT GOIN OUT THERE!! angry, he says "YOU HAVE TO LEAVE NOW!"

we were thrown to the wolves.

we were imediately surrounded, and the mob seemed to grow to around 12. my car was across the street, but the crowd shifted us down the sidewalk, still on wrong side of the street. it was very scattered, very inter mixed 2 worthless bouncers 4 good guys (including me) & lot's of BG's. i spotted the bouncer, & said "call the police!" he wouldn't.

trying to gather my crew & form a parimiter, i noticed that my sis (37) was getting really scared. buddy was defending himself against shoves. GF, still rightfully pissed about the punch, wanted to kill the world, and was making the crowd more volitile. so i scooped up sis & buddy on the way to take care of GF.  as one ass clown attempted to push GF, i grabbed him and shoved him aside and then two of his BG ass hats hit me from behind. and had me temporaliy sorrounded. i could tell they weren't sure if they really wanted to take me on (i'm in good shape and had full auto flames coming outta my eyes). so i plowed thru 'em waiting to get nailed, they didn't hit me. i had to get back to the  GF & crew.  we're further down the street now.

the bouncers have no handle on the situation, and can not maintain any control. THEY WEREN'T EVEN GIVING ANY VERBAL ORDERS to even attempt control. one confused bouncer meandered into me, i demanded he call the police. he said he couldn't "there's no cops around here". no, i'm a reserve oficer, i had no choice but to do the forbidden. i had to show 'em the badge & ID. and i said "NOW GODDAMNIT!!" he stood there with his mouth agape, AND DID NOTHING. [50]

i had to do it just so only he could see the badge & ID. i'm sure if the crowd that grew even bigger by now, found out, they would've loved to have stomped on a copper about then.

it was now or never, i finally had my crew in one small spot, and almost off the curb. and just said screw it! and got them across the street. BG's didn't pursue! it was like they couldn't get across because it was a lava river or somethin. [:E] [whacko]

it ended as quick as it began.

ohhhhh the restraint!!! it was difficult. but tactfully a good move on all of the good guys behalf. you could just tell that ANY escolation would've doomed us in a bad bad way.

those asshole bouncers denied us safety by rejecting our intitial requests not to be 'thrown to the wolves', BG's were in veiw before we even exited. they then denied us safety again by not being able to contain the growing volitile crowd. and finally refused us police protection. there's a station 3 blocks away.

GF and everyone are ok. she's a little sore today. & i'm still as pissed as could be.

sorry for the long read. had to get it out.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#1]
 That all sounds about like it is. You did right getting out of there without getting a murder case for yourself, even though it's a bitch. Don't worry about that John Wayne bullshit. Always ask "What would Sun Tsu do?" and you will be better served. When not in a position of strength, boogie.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#2]
ahhh cleaner, what is rule #1?

rule #1  never, ever, ever leave the howse widdout at least a less lethal weapon, kubotan, pepper spray,(may i suggest a budokan fogger from a local company, sterling heights, MI i think?) asp, etc.

this sit didn't warrant a handgun, but a blast of OC into just one face would have changed the flavor of things, and allowed you to egress.

BTW, this wasn't a group of [@:D] was it? this sounds like their wolfpack mob mentality.
what i've come to know and love as "metro detroit mentality"

(edited to ask thecleaner, what reserve academy didja go to, schoolcraft?, when???)
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 1:21:36 PM EDT
[#3]
i thought rule #1 was "never talk about fight club"???

...i left my "karate in a can" (OC)...in the glove box. [stick] [pissed] [stick]

they usually check for that shit at the door, so i left it behind. [stick]

nope, it wasn't the "313's".
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 1:24:26 PM EDT
[#4]
It does sound like you did the right thing.  I do hate freaking punks like that though and it would have been sweet to hear that they all got their asses kicked![spank][stick]
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

nope, it wasn't the "313's".
View Quote

oh, so it was 734s or 586s .   bwwhwhahahahahahaa!!!!!!!

i get what you're saying 'bout checking for the stuff, i learned to carry my budokan or freeze+p anyway, and if i see i'll be checked, i ahem.....excuse myself.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 1:35:45 PM EDT
[#6]
...man, that kind of shit right there is why I don't go to clubs anymore. I can't even go to a concert without some ass-hole wanting to get into a fight with me. I find it's even worse when you have a girl with you. It's like karma or something, I just can't go out and have a drink without some stupid drunk or "gangfords", as I call them, wanting to start some shit.....immature punks...
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 2:21:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 8:44:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Every thing is better when shared with your friends(more the better),we used to go out with a group of friends male and female.

Worked good because nobody would take us on because we were one!  And if somebody hit on one of the girls and she thought he was a little weird she just acted like one of her bro friends was indeed her boy friend!

Now we backed out(Gimmie three steps) many times ,but more than often we just changed your attitude towards the whole situation!

Go out in groups just like the thugs!

Bob {:D]
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 9:24:54 PM EDT
[#9]
What town?
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 9:52:15 PM EDT
[#10]
File a police report and sue the shit out of the promoter and venue.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 9:57:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Dude, the most important thing is that you kept your wits about you and got everyone out relatively unscathed.  Some might want to pick nits about your technique, but the bottom line is, you done good. [8D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top