Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2013 6:24:38 PM EDT
http://politicsinminnesota.com/2013/03/gun-proposal-with-background-checks-stalls-in-the-house/

Way to go Minesota! Has the state become too liberal to restrict firearms further than the current restrictions?

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 3:09:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump for the morning crew.

This is very encouraging.

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 3:28:03 AM EDT
[#2]
It's nice to see that all of our efforts have paid off! Now everyone give yourself a pat on the back and stay vigilant.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 3:30:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 4:20:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Saw on the news this morning that Drunken Uncle Joe is calling to find out why the master plan failed.

Way to go MN, keep up the good work and stay vigilant!

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 4:57:09 AM EDT
[#5]
The bill stalling out is just half the story. Tony Cornish (MN's pro gun rep) posted this on his Facebook today. It sounds like we got somewhat sold out, and this is far from over.

"It Was A Tough Nite for Gun Owners

Last night after days of DFL Leadership Pressuring the Chair of the Judiciary, Debra Hilstrom, the gun control people finally got what they want: A promise to go after gun owners in private sales at gun shows. After promising us that she and Rep Ward would stand with us in a committee vote and kill HF 237, she finally succumbed to pressure from her party. HF 237 was about to come to a vote when all of a sudden it was relayed to us that she would stand now with the DFL Chair of the Public Safety Committee. They came into the committee room and laid HF 237 on the table, adjourned and then held a news conference where said they would work together to plug what they call the “gun show loophole” very soon. You and I know that it is not a “loophole” but rather a legitimate sale of guns at shows that was meant to be that way.

Naturally, this was a huge disappointment and a complete reversal of what she said would happen. Now you can see what sometimes happens in the ugly side of party politics and backroom deals. We are now left with a future fight, and that is to bring together the votes we need to kill this future measure on the Floor of the House of Representatives. While we don’t know for sure what this bad bill will bring, we are almost certain that they will try to “Dress up a Pig” by putting good measures with bad to try to make it look more attractive. What makes it tough, is that we really can no longer trust “vote counts” that we receive and will have to find a “margin” where we can be sure that we have enough votes to bring down this “nightmare in the making.”

So, now we forge ahead into an uncertain future, trying to protect gun owners from what we know is a “foot in the door” to possible registration and confiscation. Remember, just a short time ago they said they would never come after our long guns and this this session they proposed a bill that would not only lead to an eventual turn in to the State but also Law Enforcement being able to come to your door with random checks to make sure you were compliant. Everyone that that is sure these attempts will stop here and not result in registration or confiscation and that it is just “paranoia,” raise your hand. Stay tuned!!!!!"
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:04:57 AM EDT
[#6]
just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that somebody isn't actually out to get you.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:10:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Midterm elections can't come soon enough. It's gonna be brutal on the dems. Franken only won by 321 votes last time. I'm betting my dog he goes bye-bye this time. Bring on the midterms.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:10:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Hilstrom caving is a great dissapointment.

ETA: I just sent her a polite but scathing email.  I pointed out the fact that I have several email responses from her stating that she did not suppport any of the proposals.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 8:02:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Midterm elections can't come soon enough. It's gonna be brutal on the dems. Franken only won by 321 votes last time. I'm betting my dog he goes bye-bye this time. Bring on the midterms.

I sure hope that you're right but I doubt it.  The very fact that Zero was reelected shows that the electorate is sadly out-of-touch with reality.  I haven't seen anything lately that shows that it's changing either.

We have our own Governor Goofy, with that doe in the headlights look all the time, who's trying to set another record budget besides all of these stupid new gun restrictions.  He got an increase of about 10% last time, about $3 billion, and he's going for another couple of billion increase this time.

And he came up with that tax on clothes & services...

Then we have Coleman who won't run again.  He obviously knows something, like maybe a Republican can't win that seat in MN.  Who's left to run for the Senate next time?

Anyway, I hope that you're right but I sure don't see any movement toward reality here in MN.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 8:13:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sure hope that you're right but I doubt it.  The very fact that Zero was reelected shows that the electorate is sadly out-of-touch with reality.  I haven't seen anything lately that shows that it's changing either.

We have our own Governor Goofy, with that doe in the headlights look all the time, who's trying to set another record budget besides all of these stupid new gun restrictions.  He got an increase of about 10% last time, about $3 billion, and he's going for another couple of billion increase this time.

Then we have Coleman who won't run again.  He obviously knows something, like maybe a Republican can't win that seat in MN.  Who's left to run for the Senate next time?

Anyway, I hope that you're right but I sure don't see any movement toward reality here in MN.

Dave Thompson is considering a run for Governor.  Does that help?
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 8:25:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I know it's the news and all but they had just said the bill wouldn't have affected face to face transfers, just the gunshow loophole.

But hey, I actually helped! Even being one of those gay 13er's everyones bitching about.

Man I hate writing to these assholes though.

ETA: Why can these bills die obviously stating that they are worthless, and still show up later attached to other shit? Don't these people have any sense of defeat? It should be dead if it dies not keep adding/subtracting shit until you get your way. What a bunch of children.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 8:30:04 AM EDT
[#12]
It's not writing to them that bugs me its that they could care less about what I say. There is going to be more crap coming down the tube for everyone if states like Mn fall. We won a small victory today but they will come back with more stuff.  We need to vote these anti gunners out at mid terms, I just don't have the confidence that it will happen.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 8:32:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I quit,  I'm moving
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 10:10:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The difference between now and then is that at that time Dems weren't making a national push to take guns. 2nd Amd rights cross political boundaries, especially in Minnesota. Just look at the fact that the new AWB bills were dead on arrival in the MN congress. They wouldn't have killed that if it were just republicans complaining. No, there were Dems And Reps complaining. Politicians only really want one thing and that's to get reelected. They saw the response they got for the bills, they got scared, and so they killed it. People aren't going to forget who tried tried to make them felons. They'll be living with the daily reminder of such efforts thanks to NY and CO. I think we'll see some major upheaval in political power thanks to such efforts so long as our party doesn't attempt something even dumber.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 11:41:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The difference between now and then is that at that time Dems weren't making a national push to take guns. 2nd Amd rights cross political boundaries, especially in Minnesota. Just look at the fact that the new AWB bills were dead on arrival in the MN congress. They wouldn't have killed that if it were just republicans complaining. No, there were Dems And Reps complaining. Politicians only really want one thing and that's to get reelected. They saw the response they got for the bills, they got scared, and so they killed it. People aren't going to forget who tried tried to make them felons. They'll be living with the daily reminder of such efforts thanks to NY and CO. I think we'll see some major upheaval in political power thanks to such efforts so long as our party doesn't attempt something even dumber.

I still hope that you're right but there are a lot of voters in MN who'd love to turn all gun owners into felons.  They will vote for the loony left wing legislators again.

Dave Thompson is considering a run for Governor. Does that help?

Who is Dave Thompson?  I've never heard of him.  

I don't mean to be facetious either, but there's a reason why Klobuchar ran as Klobuchar & not her married name, the name recognition.  Everybody read her hypocritical father's column which meant that she had instant name recognition.  If she'd been Amy Jones she'd probably just be some local hack attorney.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 1:54:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Dave Thompson is considering a run for Governor. Does that help?

Who is Dave Thompson?  I've never heard of him.  

He's somebody I'd like to think we could all enthusiastically support; State Senator in District 58 (Lakeville area), Assistant Minority Leader in the senate, former conservative talk radio host.  I'm honestly surprised you don't know who he is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top