Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2002 6:43:00 PM EDT
Brothers- Here is a good web site I recently found. It has lots of interesting topics and good documentation.

[url]www.carm.org[/url]

Check it out.

[8d]
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 7:16:43 PM EDT
[#1]
You inspired me to contribute my share to helping the good people @ AR15.com to another angle on the subject.[;)]

[url]http://www.positiveatheism.org/[/url]

[b]Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?[/b] -(Epicurus)

Link Posted: 9/21/2002 7:30:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Grock,it's a shame athiests can't pass over any topic having to do with Christians with out hypocrytically prostelatizing.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Its an open forum. I have no fear of nothing- do you have no fear of something?
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Its an open forum.
View Quote

That's right, it is...isn't it?

And frankly there's nothing hypocritical about my post what so ever, just information for those so inclinded to look at. Nothing to fear.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 7:49:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:I have no fear of nothing- do you have no fear of something?
View Quote

damn, you made me crank up the ol' math/symbolic-logic circuits on a Saturday night while starting into my 5th sprecher abbey triple

Link Posted: 9/21/2002 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't fear prostelatizing athiests if thats what you mean but I do think it's a shame.

Now I do fear for some people who will have to try and explain their actions to a God they did not think was real.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 8:04:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You inspired me to contribute my share to helping the good people @ AR15.com to another angle on the subject.[;)]

View Quote

what a scorching you will get when Gabriel blows his horn
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 8:34:23 PM EDT
[#8]
[sleep][sleep][sleep][sleep][sleep][sleep]

But what about Thor....and Oden....oh yeah...Isis too!!! And Shiva.....oh no!!!! Run!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/21/2002 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

[b]M4[/b], do you have any children?

Link Posted: 9/21/2002 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

One must reach puberty before that is possible.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 10:14:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
One must reach puberty before that is possible.
View Quote

Now, now [b]zonan[/b] be nice.

I'm just trying to engage an atheist in a simple dialogue, not start a flamefest.

He posed a very simple question that has a very simple answer, but I just thought I'd try a different tact. Just to be different.

Link Posted: 9/21/2002 11:17:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm just trying to engage an atheist in a simple dialogue, not start a flamefest.

He posed a very simple question that has a very simple answer, but I just thought I'd try a different tact. Just to be different.
View Quote

I wish you all the best then.  One would think that a title like "for fellow Christians..." might lead a rational, pubescent, non-Christian to the conclusion that this may be an inappropriate place for his atheistic efforts.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 1:09:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I wish you all the best then.  One would think that a title like "for fellow Christians..." might lead a rational, pubescent, non-Christian to the conclusion that this may be an inappropriate place for his atheistic efforts.  Good luck.
View Quote

If you acknowledge other gods(the ones that you mentioned) Then your are not an athiest,as you know of other gods just don't want to enclude the real deal!  Does Thor ,Oden,Isis fair any better at stopping the carnage that godless men do?

Bob  [:D]
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 5:31:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Why does God allow evil?

[url]http://www.khouse.org/articles/personal/19990601-74.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 5:55:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

If you acknowledge other gods(the ones that you mentioned) Then your are not an athiest,as you know of other gods just don't want to enclude the real deal![red]  Does Thor ,Oden,Isis fair any better at stopping the carnage that godless men do?[/red]

View Quote
....so I guess anyone that went to war,mans greatest pastime,and killed/maimed/or caused great bodily harm to other people,will go straight to hell...unless they're truly sorry and ask[rolleyes] the lord for[rolleyes] forgiveness.....O'but the government said war was ok,so they get a pass____right?[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 6:24:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

what a scorching you will get when Gabriel blows his horn
View Quote

308wood,
Matthew 7:1-2, NIV. "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 6:29:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks Grock, cool site. M4, does your Mamma know you're on the computer again?
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 6:42:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
 Does Thor ,Oden,Isis fair any better at stopping the carnage that godless men do?

View Quote

Ummmm....what carnage is it exactly that "godless" men do?

History seems to be full of carnage, created by those that [i]do[/i]   believe in a god.

We've been through this though, dozens of times on this site. Chosing to ignore history seems to be becoming a theme around here.
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 8:03:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
 Does Thor ,Oden,Isis fair any better at stopping the carnage that godless men do?

View Quote

Ummmm....what carnage is it exactly that "godless" men do?
History seems to be full of carnage, created by those that [i]do[/i]   believe in a god.

We've been through this though, dozens of times on this site. Chosing to ignore history seems to be becoming a theme around here.
View Quote

Talk about ignoring history! [rolleyes]

Stalin 20-40 million murdered
Mao 50-80 million murdered
Hitler 10-16 million murdered
Pol Pot 2 million murdered

In the 20 century, there has been about 100 million innocent people murdered BY their own [b]ATHEISTIC[/b] Communist Governments.

More recently:
Sudan - 2 million murdered
Rwanda - 1 million murdered

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top