Link Posted: 9/12/2002 5:26:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought we had a few of them:
4th of July
Veteran's Day
Memorial Day
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Very few around here (home) know that April, 19 is Patriots Day. I bet Paul Revere is real happy.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 5:29:26 PM EDT
[#3]
What's the problem with a holiday marking the terrorist attacks on your country?
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing, but there is hardly any publicity when December 7th rolls around...
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What's the problem with a holiday marking the terrorist attacks on your country?
View Quote

nothing

I thought april 19th was patriots day.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#6]
what do you expect about December 7th, most of the people alive today weren't around for it, while I can still vividly imagine Sept 11th, 2002
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Should it be a holiday, a time for burgers and too much beer, parties and outings?  Or should it be a day where we work harder than normal, make America stronger and better able to destroy mass murdering vermin?

No disrespect intended to the victims, as I believe they SHOULD be honored, those living as well as dead.  I just think that can best be done by making sure it never happens again, that those responsible for having done it as well as those who try in the future will be destroyed.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Vigilance Day-

No beer, just take your sons to the firing range.

Explain to them that it's terrible- but some people need to die for their country/cause; even more so when they are enemies of Christianity- and of the United States of America
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 7:31:01 PM EDT
[#9]
How about " VENGENCE DAY "

Let's morn our dead and THEN go NUKE THE FUCK OUT OF THOSE BASTARDS !

[X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X]

[MARINES]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 7:39:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Or "Public Service Day" in honor of the fire fighters, EMS, cops, and civilian volunteers.

No need to shut the country down for a day though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#11]
how about making election day a national holiday.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 7:55:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
how about making election day a national holiday.
View Quote

that's almost as likely as getting rid of automatic paycheck witholding of taxes
it would rock the boat

Link Posted: 9/12/2002 7:58:13 PM EDT
[#14]
My idea is better,[size=6]DON'T MAKE US KICK THE WORLD'S ASS DAY![/size=6]

Has a nice ring to it,don't you think?[:D]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 8:12:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm offended that April 19th has had it's observence hijacked. April 19th was the beginning of our Revolutionary War, in which armed men, much like ourselves, said "No More", and took up arms against their opressors.

9/11 was a tragedy of unprecendented proportion to our nation, but the 3,000 who died in the attack on the WTC, were not neccesarily all patriots. Many were foreigners. They were simply the victims of an attack on our nation. Patriotism, in the defined sense of the word, is not the issue here, we were attacked, many werew lost, and we retaliated.

I'm not saying there weren't acts of heroism and sacrifice on the day, and after. There were. But, we have patriots, they had a day, we should celebrate them.

I wil continue to mourn the victims of 9/11. I will continue to honor our patriotic forefathers who bled and died for freedom, on April 19th.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 10:33:08 PM EDT
[#17]
April 19th will always be Patriot's Day for me, no matter if some moron wants to play musical chairs with significant days in American history.

If Captain John Parker and the MILITIA decided to stay home that day and not be on Lexington Green to greet the British who were seizing cannon and shot, we would now be having afternoon tea and singing "God save the queen".

Some people need to get their goddamn priorities straight.

Why not call 9/11 "Hero's Day" or something like that. Just because you have a flag on your car or sing the national anthem, doesn't mean you are a patriot. Like I said before, 99% of the people who said they were "patriots" on 9/12/02 were just doing so out of fear. Where are they today? Do they even know anything beyond flag waiving? I doubt it, especially when the polls are saying over 70% of the so-called "patriots" are willing to give up Constitutional rights just to feel safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top