Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2002 5:08:50 AM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/748538/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 5:14:46 AM EDT
[#1]
God extended His mercy to them while they were alive, offerring the free gift of salvation in Jesus Christ.

They chose to REJECT His Son, and carry out an act of murder and war.

Now they are dead.

Now they face the Creator whose face they spit in.

Scripturally, the time of mercy is over.

Now its time for eternal damnation for them.

Link Posted: 9/11/2002 5:20:00 AM EDT
[#2]
[rolleyes]GOD[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 5:21:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I take solice in the fact that the pope is old and practically the walking dead.  He probably doesn't know what the hell he's saying.  Lets hope he's "replaced" soon.

His recent statements lead me to believe that he's trying to ease tensions between islam and christianity, but he's a blithering idiot if he thinks he can make a difference.  (Unless he pushes the launch button.)
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 5:23:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm catholic, and while he may speak for the churh, he does not speak for me!

I hope that everyone of these POS, suffer for  eternity, withering in agony, in the fires of hell. [:(!]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 5:25:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Then you are NOT catholic......you cannot have both.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 5:31:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Another example of why zealots only see things their way.  Not that I believe the stuff in the Bible, but doesn't this sound familiar to you thumpers out there?

Matthew:

5:43Ye have heard that it was said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy: 5:44but I say unto you, love your enemies, and pray for them that persecute you; 5:45that ye may be sons of your Father who is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sendeth rain on the just and the unjust. 5:46For if ye love them that love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 5:47And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the Gentiles the same? 5:48Ye therefore shall be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 5:31:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Who the FUCK is the pope anyway!?

People really think the pope speaks for himself? He cant even say hello without a speech counsler,how do these people think this is what the pope really says and feels?
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 5:32:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I will defer to God's judgement for these vermin.  May he show them mercy because it is beyond MY ability to do so!
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 5:53:03 AM EDT
[#9]
[B][size=3]Sorry, Your Holiness...I'm fresh out.[/b][/size=3]

Why don't you ask the folks who were murdered at the WTC or at the Pentagon?  I understand you have a direct line to God.  He should be able to tell you if those folks want mercy and foregivness for the assassins.

I just can't come up with any.  [>Q]

[b]"Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done."...[i]Revelations 22:12[/b][/i]

Link Posted: 9/11/2002 5:58:58 AM EDT
[#10]
There is no God, there is no mercy and I'm starting to believe there is no justice. It's everyone for themselves.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 6:06:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 6:18:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There is no God, there is no mercy and I'm starting to believe there is no justice. It's everyone for themselves.
View Quote

Its ALMOST amusing to watch people take shots at God (funny you capitalize the name of someone who you think doesn't exist [whacko] - who is the crackpot here? ) for what some human says.

Do you think God said "Ouch" when you posted that?

Have you convinced yourself YET that there is no God?? Cuz you haven't convinced God He doesn't exist.

[rolleyes]

Link Posted: 9/11/2002 6:31:56 AM EDT
[#13]
The Pope is simply doing what he, as the Pope, must do. It's no surprise. Hell, he even forgave the piece of pig shit that tried to murder him!

Others can quote the Gospels all they want. In this war, I'll quote the brilliant individual (some say it was Gen. Stormin' Norman himself) who said, "Whether or not God chooses to forgive the terrorists is up to Him. Our job is simply to arrange the meeting..."

Find them. Kill them all. If you have to kill those around them, so be it. They've already done the same to us...
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 6:41:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Just remember, he's a EUROPEAN HEAD OF STATE.

I think that says it all.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 6:50:21 AM EDT
[#15]
The new trend of Pope bashing on this site is sickening! I do take comfort in the fact that the "Pope Bashers" get so worked up over something that someone so "insignificant" said.
BTW...no matter how insulting you are...the Pope/Church will always be there in your time of need.

Link Posted: 9/11/2002 6:56:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm catholic, and while he may speak for the churh, he does not speak for me!

[:(!]
View Quote

Then I guess I'm not either...what a surprise that'll be to my family!
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 12:25:42 PM EDT
[#17]
"I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, or has a will of the kind that we experience in ourselves. Neither can I nor would I want to conceive of an individual that survives his physical death; let feeble souls, from fear or absurd egoism, cherish such thoughts. I am satisfied with the mystery of the eternity of life and with the awareness and a glimpse of the marvelous structure of the existing world, together with the devoted striving to comprehend a portion, be it ever so tiny, of the Reason that manifests itself in nature."

[Albert Einstein,_The World as I See It_]

Link Posted: 9/11/2002 12:47:34 PM EDT
[#18]
God may have mercy on them, but I will not. That is a luxury that I have as a mere mortal.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 12:54:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Whatever.

When Klinton was in office did your disagreement with his politics make you un-American? Oh wait, your NOT American your Canadian.

I do not wholly prescribe to either the Roman Catholic Church or the Roman Catholic interpretation of some parts of the Bible. In either case, that is between me and God. It certainly does not disqualify me from the Church because I also practice free thought.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Perhaps someting along the lines of "Father, forgive tham, for they know not what they do."

The Lord will judge them by their deeds, including the rejection of Christ's peace; and, their salvation may indeed be lost by their failure to acknowledge Him.  Not for me to say.  But, what greater victory for the Lord than for them to acknowledge and reject their evil.  Perhaps some will, and instead of grinning in arrogance, reject Satan.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 2:20:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I thought we were being merciful! We're trying to kill them as quickly as possible. No pain, no suffering, just death.It doesn't get more merciful than that. We could be torturing the crap out of them just for kicks.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 3:29:46 PM EDT
[#23]
As Schwarztkopf said it is god's place to forgive, it is our place to arrange the meeting.

Or as Kurt Russel said it "mercy is weakness and weakness is death."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top