Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 2/2/2013 5:34:18 PM EDT
ok I saw the article of the man getting raided but I just saw this on the U.S. Army WTF moments Facebook page

J
***Heads up for disabled veterans claiming PTSD***

I just got my C&P (compensation and pension) appeal back. My rating for PTSD was increased. They also stated that because of my PTSD I am incompetent and goes on to state, "You are prohibited from purchasing, possessing, receiving, or transporting a firearm or ammunition. If you knowingly violate and of these prohibitions, you may be fined, imprisoned, or both pursuant to the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, Pub.L.No. 103-159, as implemented at 13, United States Code 924(a)(2)." I am completely appalled. What this says to me is that its perfectly fine for me to stand up when some others wouldn't and fight for my country. Coming home with injuries that are invisible. Depression and guilt I can not shake. Feelings of remorse and fear of, "What if's." And as a reward for my sickness I do not receive more care. I do not receive counsel. I do not receive anything but a constitutional right revocation. Im at a total loss for what to say on this.

wtf facebook page
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#1]
It is called the Veterans Disarmament Act and was signed into law in 2008...right before BHO took office....I keep telling people about this shit and no one listens....
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 5:42:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 5:43:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It is called the Veterans Disarmament Act and was signed into law in 2008...right before BHO took office....I keep telling people about this shit and no one listens....

ok I have never heard of that. Im going to mention it on the fb page

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#4]
The mental health system has come a long way in shaking off quite a bit of its stigma in the last 20-30 years, however, the much ado about it recently, particularly from the Government, is going to take it right back to square one.

Shame really.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 5:49:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

me too

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 5:49:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah...the VA cant rule you incompetent. Only a judge can do that.

on the guy's story.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#7]
there is enough wackos with guns out there.. why should the US let KNOWN people with mental disabilities have guns??
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 5:52:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

on the guy's story.

That's not what I heard.  Not kidding.  If you're unable to take care of yourself financially and your everyday needs, the VA can determine that you're incompetent and have your guns removed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 5:52:51 PM EDT
[#9]
They want us (veterans) disarmed not for public safety but for control.

Remember the DHS pamphlet that described returning military as easy to recruit for domestic terror groups?
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ok I have never heard of that. Im going to mention it on the fb page

Way ahead of you...did it twice...look for a guy named Bryan....that is me....

I kept screaming about this before but people wouldn't listen....they said "No way they can do that" and "Whatever...that isn't what the law says"....
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#11]
EDITED - my post was slightly off of the specific topic, will rant in another.

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

on the guy's story.

WRONG. It's real. It's bullshit that it's real,but that is what happens (had a family member go through stuff with the VA)

Until you're ground through cogs the machine doesn't sound so bad.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 5:55:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

on the guy's story.

That's not what I heard.  Not kidding.  If you're unable to take care of yourself financially and your everyday needs, the VA can determine that you're incompetent and have your guns removed.

I heard the moon is made of Swiss cheese also......but that doesn't make it true.

Only a doctor or psychologist can deem someone a danger to themself, and then a judge has to declare the person a prohibited person.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#14]
The VA doesn't do this themselves.  They petition the courts to make the order and it happens on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 5:57:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
there is enough wackos with guns out there.. why should the US let KNOWN people with mental disabilities have guns??

There are differences in every case. Not every person with a mental disability is dangerous.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Really?  
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 5:57:42 PM EDT
[#17]
This may be unpoppular but I think this should be how it is. People want to say they are crazy enough that they can't hold a job, but not crazy enough to be barred from firearms. You can't have your cake and eat it too

Maybe I'm biased but I really don't like the whole ptsd thing. I know several people that I think are faking it. They just want an excuse to not have to work. Any crazy they have, they had before going in the army
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 5:59:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Feinstein was the first to find Harvey Milk's body after he and the San Francisco mayor was murdered.

She has clearly not gotten past the incident and her actions are demonstrative of someone in the throes of untreated PTSD.

Revoke her CCW and remove her guns. For the children.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 5:59:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

on the guy's story.

WRONG. It's real. It's bullshit that it's real,but that is what happens (had a family member go through stuff with the VA)

Prove it. No tinfoil sites either.

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:01:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:02:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The VA doesn't do this themselves.  They petition the courts to make the order and it happens on a regular basis.

Good reason to avoid the VA....

I wonder how often judges refuse the VA's petition.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:03:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Edit-never mind jimmy22, you aren't worth it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Where's the popcorn
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:04:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Don't know if BS or not, but its common sense that if you are going to claim any mental health issues, you better be aware that your records will be out there, if trying for certain jobs, or what have you.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:07:11 PM EDT
[#25]
"Aberrations?" I understand what you mean, but that's not the best word to describe PTSD, survivor guilt, depression, and other mood/behavior issues related to combat, or any severe, life altering trauma or life event. So any vet or person who has been I a life-altering event that develops PTSD isn't an aberration. The lack of support may lead to unhealthy habits & make a person potentially dangerous--the military knows this & should be providing support & compelling to prevent it from being a problem.

When most police officers are involved in a shooting, in this day & age they are supposed to be evaluated, given counseling, checked to be sure they have healthy coping skills & needed support to resume safely & effectively doing their jobs.

My limited experience with vets is that the VA usually has some under-qualified person who may or may not be trying to do their best for the vet--and when the vet is in a traumatic scenario--they receive little support or counseling. Now, a normal reaction to a traumatic event--that's poorly managed by the VA is being turned into a stigma by the very country they served & caused the problem--when the country SHOULD be providing the vet with every means of returning to as normal a life a is possible.

For fuck's sake-- what is wrong with this country's support of vets? Suicide rates are at an all time high--22 vets a day! When the fuck will the VA & government wake up?!?!

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This may be unpoppular but I think this should be how it is. People want to say they are crazy enough that they can't hold a job, but not crazy enough to be barred from firearms. You can't have your cake and eat it too

Maybe I'm biased but I really don't like the whole ptsd thing. I know several people that I think are faking it. They just want an excuse to not have to work. Any crazy they have, they had before going in the army

In a world where stupid posts are the norm, this is one dumbest things I have seen in a long time. Congrats, you may be clinically retarded but you can keep posting all you want on arf com.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

on the guy's story.

http://gunowners.org/a010808.htm

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

How can you "keep telling us this shit" if you haven't been around here long enough to have that claim be valid?  Join date of 2012 is what I am referencing.....
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:10:49 PM EDT
[#30]
My friends room mate was in the marines doing things with radio and tech??? Dunno what his job title was.

He says he has PTSD. Apparently playing with computers fucks your shit up... He seen no combat what so ever. Must be nice to sit around and collect a paycheck.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:15:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

on the guy's story.

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/fact-sheets/2007/hr-2640,-the-nics-improvement-amendm.aspx
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:18:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Which part? The part where I said self proclaimed crazy people shouldn't be able to have firearms or the part where I said some of them are faking it?

One of my buddies is on 100% disability with ptsd and never saw combat in his life. He got it because he said his officers were mean to him
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:20:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Death of 1000 cuts, they will incrementally kill our rights for our own good. If they take us down one at a time, there is no r3volution
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:20:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How can you "keep telling us this shit" if you haven't been around here long enough to have that claim be valid?  Join date of 2012 is what I am referencing.....

I stated "I keep telling people about this shit"....not meaning here and here alone....just because I didn't decide to join here until November of last year doesn't mean that I haven't been telling people in other forums and face to face with active duty soldiers that I work with every day...I apologize I was a little late to the party here......
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:22:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Which part? The part where I said self proclaimed crazy people shouldn't be able to have firearms or the part where I said some of them are faking it?

One of my buddies is on 100% disability with ptsd and never saw combat in his life. He got it because he said his officers were mean to him

There is much more to the story you buddy isn't telling you.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:25:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Other people outside this site, I think he means.

That is exactly what I meant....you guys seem to listen and do research...Thank You!

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:28:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
ok I saw the article of the man getting raided but I just saw this on the U.S. Army WTF moments Facebook page

J

I just got my C&P (compensation and pension) appeal back. My rating for PTSD was increased. They also stated that because of my PTSD I am incompetent and goes on to state, "You are prohibited from purchasing, possessing, receiving, or transporting a firearm or ammunition. If you knowingly violate and of these prohibitions, you may be fined, imprisoned, or both pursuant to the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, Pub.L.No. 103-159, as implemented at 13, United States Code 924(a)(2)." I am completely appalled. What this says to me is that its perfectly fine for me to stand up when some others wouldn't and fight for my country. Coming home with injuries that are invisible. Depression and guilt I can not shake. Feelings of remorse and fear of, "What if's." And as a reward for my sickness I do not receive more care. I do not receive counsel. I do not receive anything but a constitutional right revocation. Im at a total loss for what to say on this.

wtf facebook page

As a VA doc I can say this is pure BULLSHIT

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

J

wtf facebook page

I really hope it is.

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:32:34 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

J

wtf facebook page

Question - does the VA over-prescribe narcotics or what? Fucking every time I have gone there to pickup meds, there is someone freaking the fuck out about not getting their oxycontin, telling people in the waiting room they are getting oxycontin, or asking what they have to do to get oxycontin

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:41:35 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

J

wtf facebook page

Question - does the VA over-prescribe narcotics or what? Fucking every time I have gone there to pickup meds, there is someone freaking the fuck out about not getting their oxycontin, telling people in the waiting room they are getting oxycontin, or asking what they have to do to get oxycontin

They don't give them out like candy where I go.  People just want to get high.

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:43:34 PM EDT
[#43]
One of the reasons that I will never go to a PTSD screening, even though I get referred to one at almost every VA appointment.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J

wtf facebook page

They don't give them out like candy where I go.  People just want to get high.

Denver VA must be out of the ordinary. I have seen some pretty epic freakouts over narcotics at the pharmacy there.

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:47:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Sorry, if someone has PTSD the last thing they need is a gun. The last thing we need  right now is seeing on the news some vet suffering from PTSD shooting up a mall.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Sorry, if someone has PTSD the last thing they need is a gun. The last thing we need  right now is seeing on the news some vet suffering from PTSD shooting up a mall.

Ruh-roh!

Sorry, but I think this guy is right. If your PTSD is bad enough that you have to draw a disability check each month, maybe gun ownership might not be the best idea.

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No there isn't. He probably is a little screwed up in the head, but he went in that way.  Angry, troubled hid that always had trouble with anger management.  He got out and said he was screwed up from the army and was going to get 100 disability.  So he managed to get like 25%. Back in the real world he struggled to make any decent money. After a few years he quit his job and went after 100% disability again.  This time he had more ammo for his case because he "had to quit his job because of his ptsd" and was now "basically homeless because of his ptsd."   He ended up getting it. Keep in mind after all that, i think he got his 100% disability at age 26. Watching this go down has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. (Along with 2 other similar cases, but at least those two went to Iraq)
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No there isn't. He probably is a little screwed up in the head, but he went in that way.  Angry, troubled hid that always had trouble with anger management.  He got out and said he was screwed up from the army and was going to get 100 disability.  So he managed to get like 25%. Back in the real world he struggled to make any decent money. After a few years he quit his job and went after 100% disability again.  This time he had more ammo for his case because he "had to quit his job because of his ptsd" and was now "basically homeless because of his ptsd."   He ended up getting it. Keep in mind after all that, i think he got his 100% disability at age 26. Watching this go down has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. (Along with 2 other similar cases, but at least those two went to Iraq)

So, he traded his rights for 'free' money. Smart.

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Your a fucking idiot who has no idea what they are talking about.

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Watch how they play Chris Kyle's murder to add PTSD diagnoses to NICS
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top