Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/1/2013 1:59:31 AM EDT

My fiancee used to teach in the inner-city, the first day of school was always interesting and she resorted to writing the phonetic pronunciations of the students' names in the grade book.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 2:24:18 AM EDT
[#1]
This is one of the many hilarious skits from them.  I suggest you check out the East vs West bowl

Key and Peele - East vs West bowl
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 2:35:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Curious.

The other day, we had a post about how wrong total obedience in school was. The situation was a note from a teacher who said that the child was wrong for contesting the teacher because the teacher said a kilometer was longer than a mile.

And here we have a humor situation on an even more basic topic and we accept it, laugh at it, say it is okay.

Curious.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
(After Doctor Pulaski calls the android with the short a name and he corrects her. "What's the difference?"
"One is my name; the other is not."--Data, (w,stte), "ST:TNG")
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 3:08:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Hilarious
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 3:12:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I once wound up having to send a girl to discipline because she became enraged that I didn't pronounce her name right while calling roll.
Her name was Shaderica.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 3:12:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 3:21:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 3:23:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I once wound up having to send a girl to discipline because she became enraged that I didn't pronounce her name right while calling roll.
Her name was Shaderica.

Shuh-dree-cuh?

Shad-err-ih-cuh?

Shuhd-err-ih-cuh?

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 3:24:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Her name was Shaderica.

Shuh-derika?
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 3:25:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Her name was Shaderica.

Okay. I'll bite.

How did she want it pronounced? And how did you pronounce it? I think I would say "Sha-derica."
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 3:27:11 AM EDT
[#10]
For some reason, I am pretty good at pronouncing "non-standard" names, ethnic names, or whatever is the correct terminology.

I get some doozies.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 3:30:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I made the mistake of pronouncing it "shad-er-I-ca" with the accent on the I pronounced as a long E.
She pronounced it "sha-DER-ica."
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 3:31:37 AM EDT
[#12]
The weirdest names that came up in school were a Stormy and Misty... Night.  

I got in so much trouble when I asked why their parents were hippies.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 3:37:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I made the mistake of pronouncing it "shad-er-I-ca" with the accent on the I pronounced as a long E.

Clearly you need more sensitivity training.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 3:41:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 3:42:17 AM EDT
[#15]
My mechanic's cousin apparently has a proctologist who's wife is a teacher and she knows a lady has a student named Orangejello, pronounced Or-rahn-ja-low.  Can you believe this?!  

Good video though, I never liked that show much but that was a funny skit.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 3:50:42 AM EDT
[#16]
White kids have racist names.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 4:04:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not hippies , strip club owners.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 4:11:02 AM EDT
[#18]
One of the better ones I have seen is not ethnic.    It is just .

Babygirl _____.

Got her this year.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 4:11:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
White kids have racist names.

Nailed it!  
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 4:17:52 AM EDT
[#20]
tag for wife later
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 4:21:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Oh shit!

I'm ghetto. That's how I was saying it, but didn't break it down correctly.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 4:25:16 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Curious.

The other day, we had a post about how wrong total obedience in school was. The situation was a note from a teacher who said that the child was wrong for contesting the teacher because the teacher said a kilometer was longer than a mile.

And here we have a humor situation on an even more basic topic and we accept it, laugh at it, say it is okay.

Curious.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

(After Doctor Pulaski calls the android with the short a name and he corrects her. "What's the difference?"

No.

Just no.

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 4:31:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Ooooooooo!  No, no you di'int !!
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 4:34:16 AM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 4:57:28 AM EDT
[#25]
I used to work in the NICU. We got lots of interesting names. My personal favorite was "Shithead" pronounced Sha-theed. I swear I looked at this and thought; someday this kid is going to be in third grade and there is going to be a substitute teacher...
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 5:06:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Shaddam
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 5:08:38 AM EDT
[#27]

It's fucking (c)rap.

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 5:14:43 AM EDT
[#28]
LOL.  I worked as a sub for a couple months years ago when I was deciding if I wanted to go back to school to get a Masters in education.  I would always give the class roster a quick look to see if I wanted to call them out by their first and last name or just their last name.  If there was some weird first names then it was all last names.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 5:24:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It's fucking (c)rap.

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 5:34:50 AM EDT
[#30]
I dislike the stupid spellings of "normal" names you see all the time today..... plus the -yson thing

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 5:35:27 AM EDT
[#31]
That was funny.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 5:42:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Had two sisters a year apart.  One named Shasta and the other named Fanta.

They were white.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 6:36:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Dalasone Jones- Memphis, TN. I've seen the driver's license.

"The last one", as in, this baby be my last one.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 7:10:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

what are you laughing about...they are your clients!
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 7:18:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 7:20:21 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Curious.

Curious.

Tell that teacher to shove it, and study harder next time.

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 7:22:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 7:24:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 7:28:49 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

To this day I'll never forget a girl at the summer camp I went to as a kid, her name was Stormy Waters.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 7:33:42 AM EDT
[#40]

My wife teaches in a title 1 school, she said this is like every first day of school for her.

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 7:38:17 AM EDT
[#41]
IBTIKSWHaSNOaLaS...RGR post.

In Before the "I know someone who had a student named 'Orangejello' and 'Lemonjello' and 'Shithead'......really, guys, really" post.

Oh, they're already here...
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 7:39:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Her name was Shaderica.

Shuh-derika?

Shuh-dirka-dirka-dirka

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 7:40:35 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Curious.

Curious.

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 7:41:55 AM EDT
[#44]
In before lemonjello and la-a.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 7:47:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Curious.

Curious.

I suggest you take a refresher course in humor.
Lesson 1
Lesson 2

When you make it through the first two lessons. I will suggest more. In only two months I'll bet we can have you all the way up to videos like the one in this thread.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
" Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guatanteed I will. I got spare time" -- Tommy Callahan III

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 7:52:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 7:54:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Had two sisters a year apart.  One named Shasta and the other named Fanta.

They were white.

My sons are twins.  At the beginning of this semester,  they came home and said a new set of twins had moved to town and was in their class.  I thought that was interesting for such a small town to have two sets of twins in the same Kindergarten class, so I made a point to ask their teacher about them when I dropped kids off at school the next morning.  

She started to chuckle and showed me their names on the roll sheet:

Kernel and Majer.  (Pronounced Colonel and Major).

That afternoon, I saw the dad.  He looked exactly like Joe Dirt.  Same mullet and sideburns.  Awesome....
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 8:04:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Curious.

Curious.

Did you take the Parrot Sketch as a serious discussion of market dynamics and customer service initiatives?
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 8:06:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 8:23:16 AM EDT
[#50]
One of my favorite skits

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top