Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2002 2:51:58 PM EDT
Tuesday I decided to go ahead and buy the Springfield Armory 1911 that I have wanted.  I ordered it from the one of the local gun shops in Spokane.  Sportsmans Warehouse had it in stock for about the same price.  But, I wanted to give the business the the local guy.  I go in and pick his brain all the time so I figure I owe him the business.  Anyway, I ordered and paid for it Tuesday.  its now Friday and he still hasn't received it from his distributor.  Normally this wouldn't bother me, I'm a patient guy.   But, half of my dealers markup goes to pay for the shipping, which must be UPS nextday because that's the only way UPS will ship guns!

I'm paying extra, and my dealers profit is less because of UPS's stupid policy.  Makes me want to strike someone.[stick]

So now I have to wait till monday.  What a f'in deal.
Sorry for the rant.  

Edited just because..
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on the new pistol, should be pretty sweet.

Little sympathy here in the land of the 10 day waiting period, though. [:)]
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Which model did you end up getting?
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#3]
[img]http://www.galleryofguns.com/prod_images/px9109l.jpg[/img]

this is what i'm getting.  SA fullsize loaded parkerized with night sights.
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 5:39:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Very Nice !

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost?
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 6:07:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Great looking gun.

I'm looking to buy a new 1911.  I can't decide between the Kimber and the Springfield.  What made you decide on the Springfield?
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 7:16:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Great looking gun.

I'm looking to buy a new 1911.  I can't decide between the Kimber and the Springfield.  What made you decide on the Springfield?
View Quote

I hope it looks as good in person as it does in the pic.  

The way I figure it the SA and Kimber guns are both exelent guns and good values.   it comes down to personal preference. I chose SA because:
1) I like the SA logo better than the Kimber script.
2) Springfield has more history.
3) The PX9109L is almost exactly as i want, closer than any kimber (with respect to trigger, hammer, ect)
4) The first .45 i ever shot was a beat up, worn out, Springfield range rental.  Looked like hell.  Worked perfect!

Ill be the first to admit that most of these reasons dont include logic.  

For Derik45.    I paid $626 plus tax.
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#7]
If the rear sight comes loose or it shoots 6" low at 25 yards, you can ship it back for repairs. They will even pay the shipping costs if you ask.
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If the rear sight comes loose or it shoots 6" low at 25 yards, you can ship it back for repairs. They will even pay the shipping costs if you ask.
View Quote

Are you speaking from experience?
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 1:41:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Absolutely. This seems to be a very common problem with those Novak night sights. Some guys have tried to fix the rear sight themselves using alcohol (to clean it) and blue locktite to lock it down, but sometimes that doesn't even work. As far as shooting low, they all do that and the way people fix it is to replace the front sight. I shipped mine back to Springfield and they reinstalled the rear sight and installed a lower front sight for free. I have not had the time to test it.

There's a lot of comments about this at [url]www.1911forum.com[/url] Go to the Springfield forum.

Other then the problem with the sights, it's a great 1911 and in my case, has fed everything I give it perfectly with the exception of Speer Gold Dot.

Overall, I'm very happy with it.

BTW, if you get the urge for another or decide to sell yours in the future, I have heard great things about the "Loaded" Operator model, PX9105L. I've heard nothing but good things about it and the price is about the same as our PX9109L models.
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 8:15:40 AM EDT
[#10]
SWEET!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 9:34:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
 Anyway, I ordered and paid for it Tuesday.  its now Friday and he still hasn't received it from his distributor.  Normally this wouldn't bother me, I'm a patient guy.   But, half of my dealers markup goes to pay for the shipping, which must be UPS nextday because that's the only way UPS will ship guns!

I'm paying extra, and my dealers profit is less because of UPS's stupid policy.  Makes me want to strike someone.[stick]

So now I have to wait till monday.  What a f'in deal.
Sorry for the rant.  
View Quote

Yeah, my dealer ordered my USP .45 (and his) earlier this week. It was supposed to be here Thursday. Hasn't gotten here yet.

UPS. They were late with my AR-180B too.
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 9:42:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Absolutely. This seems to be a very common problem with those Novak night sights. Some guys have tried to fix the rear sight themselves using alcohol (to clean it) and blue locktite to lock it down, but sometimes that doesn't even work. As far as shooting low, they all do that and the way people fix it is to replace the front sight. I shipped mine back to Springfield and they reinstalled the rear sight and installed a lower front sight for free. I have not had the time to test it.

There's a lot of comments about this at [url]www.1911forum.com[/url] Go to the Springfield forum.

Other then the problem with the sights, it's a great 1911 and in my case, has fed everything I give it perfectly with the exception of Speer Gold Dot.

Overall, I'm very happy with it.

BTW, if you get the urge for another or decide to sell yours in the future, I have heard great things about the "Loaded" Operator model, PX9105L. I've heard nothing but good things about it and the price is about the same as our PX9109L models.
View Quote

just to pile on a bit....mine had the "rear sight issue" as well. Encountering some extraction type FTEs at 400 rds as well. But I hear everybody else just loves theirs.
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 11:09:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Nice!
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Do yourself a favor...Do NOT sell your 1st 1911 to fund the next.  It's a bit of your own personal history...

Oh, You noticed I said 1st?

Since then, I've ramped up to 2 Les Baers over the years.  The Springfield is still in the safe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top