http://www.safeshare.tv/w/gdhRWNSrls

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Audience participation.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Audience participation.

Was the audience keeping him afloat in the river?

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:48:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Audience participation.

I won't tell you the trick's secrets......But I'll ask you the same thing I would ask my kids when they ask.

Is he really walking on the water?  OK, then what would hold him up, but not be seen under the water?

Did he really pass through the glass?  OK, then what would have to be in the glass for him to "Pass through" it?

Did he really scrunch the phone down into the bottle?  OK, then what would have to happen for that trick to be possible?

They are all "Older" tricks.  The walk on water is usually done in a pool. (Even in old Cars music videos)

The other two are much, much older.

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:50:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Audience participation.

I won't tell you the trick's secrets......But I'll ask you the same thing I would ask my kids when they ask.

Is he really walking on the water?  OK, then what would hold him up, but not be seen under the water?

Did he really pass through the glass?  OK, then what would have to be in the glass for him to "Pass through" it?

Did he really scrunch the phone down into the bottle?  OK, then what would have to happen for that trick to be possible?

They are all "Older" tricks.  The walk on water is usually done in a pool. (Even in old Cars music videos)

The other two are much, much older.

Tall Shadow

So he was walking on a submarine?

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:03:14 PM EDT
[#5]
1st one... (an illuison/trick like this can't be cheap/inexpensive to pull off).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dycpIPTFJ04

Quoted:
Audience participation.

Can I borrow your coat?

Yup.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#6]
The bottle trick looks like a modified version where you cut a slit in a water bottle and after a little showmanship, shove the phone through.  

The walking on water is simply walking on a plank of some kind (clear plexiglass feasibly).  The unsettled waves of the water hide them.

The moving through the wall is probably a lot of people in on the trick.  

Magic is all in the preparation and the show.    I like learning how tricks are done.  Sometimes it helps you appreciate them more because of the practice involved to make it look fluid and natural.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top