Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2013 1:05:05 PM EDT
Might have a possible trade for a 6.5" tracker. Gonna be a niche filling gun. My scoped pistol.

Right now I use a scoped Buckmark to coon hunt with and the thing is wicked accurate, but not terribly reliable with cheap ammo.

I want to move to something that will shoot whatever I put it from high velocity right down to colibris.

The 9 shot cylinder is a plus too since apparently my Buckmark mags are now only allowed to hold 7.

Anyone have one and can attest to accuracy or reliability.

I would rather have a SW 617, but I can't spend money on guns right now, I can only trade. The Tracker would be a straight trade for the Buckmark.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 1:31:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Somebody has to have one of these.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Have buddies that bought a couple of them.  They work nice with some Super Colibri
rounds for a basement shooting range.

I realize saying anything nice about Taurus is considered high treason on
ARFCOM, but the Tracker 22's are pretty nice shooting cheap little guns.

I know I saw something about switch cylinder 22LR/22mag Trackers.  No experience
w/ those.  The ones I used were stainless 22 LR.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 1:41:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I have this pistole . I had to send it back just after purchase the cylinder was miss timed . It would lock up on double action. Once fixed it's been a very accurate gun. I do like shooting it. I call it my 22/44 its a big fucking gun lol
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a tracker in .44mag. Got it for almost nothing.

Even being a Taurus it shoots well ans has no issues with accuracy. Only time I pull it out is night shooting in the desert to impress newbies. 4" ported barrel makes one hell of a fire bal!.

If you can get it cheap why not? It's a Taurus but it still goes bang.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:08:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Somebody has to have one of these.

I have one.   I have not shot it enough to talk about how dependable it might be though.  I did shoot a big-assed rat that came down into my back yard off of the hill behind my house to munch on seeds that had fallen out of my bird feeder - with a round of the super colibri.   I hit the rat and dispatched it with the first shot.  

The trigger is not all that bad IMHO.  This pistol is a hell of a lot cheaper than some of the big name brand alternatives.  Taurus seems to stand behind their products too.  

Sorry, can't tell you any more than this.  Good luck, whatever you decide.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:13:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Have buddies that bought a couple of them.  They work nice with some Super Colibri
rounds for a basement shooting range.

I realize saying anything nice about Taurus is considered high treason on
ARFCOM, but the Tracker 22's are pretty nice shooting cheap little guns.

I know I saw something about switch cylinder 22LR/22mag Trackers.  No experience
w/ those.  The ones I used were stainless 22 LR.

I'm one of those buddies.  Descent shooting gun.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:17:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one.  It's not going to win any awards, but it's a solid, fun all around plinker.  I bought it for the purpose of shooting Super Colibri out of it.  I hated the ribbed grip, and swapped it out for a Hogue before I even shot it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:18:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I have one in .22 mag , I've been trying to find a .22 lr cylinder though . Fun little gun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top