Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2002 6:31:08 PM EDT
Has anyone ever replaced a starter on a Nissan Altima?

Is there a resource on the web were I can find like a chiltons manual that gives a description on what bolts to take out so I can pull the starter out?

If I cannot find anything on the web I guess I will need to go to the Library tommorow and see what I can find, I am trying to not need to go and buy a chiltons manual, gatta try to stretch the funds these days you know!

I am needing to replace the starter in my Nissan Altima, and after beginning to tear into it I am finding this is a real pain in the keester!

No wonder why the mechanic shop wanted $200 dollors to replace the stupid thing!

Any help would get greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Bite the bullet, sell a pint of blood and buy the manual! It'll only cost about $15 and you wont have to try to remember if the book at the library said "what ever you do, don't take out the third bolt!"

Tightwad![:D]
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Bite the bullet, sell a pint of blood and buy the manual! It'll only cost about $15 and you wont have to try to remember if the book at the library said "what ever you do, don't take out the third bolt!"

Tightwad![:D]
View Quote

Definitely buy a tear-down manual from your local auto parts store!  It'll be the best $13 you ever spent!  I've done every repair my car has ever needed short of replacing the head gasket.  And I started knowing nothing about cars; I just know how to read & follow directions.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 6:45:28 PM EDT
[#3]
What year is it?  Might have some info for ya.
Have had a couple of em.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 7:56:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Piece of cake [:)] Email me with the year and what kind of transmission and I'll give you step by step instructions. Done a lot of them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Chiltons manual can be found in most public libraries.

price- free
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Try posting an inquiry on [url=http://www.altimas.net/forum]Altimas.net[/url].
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top