Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2002 5:59:56 PM EDT
I have used Mcguire's liquid for quite some time.  What do you guys like?  Also, paste or liquid?

New car...gonna wax it tomorrow...
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#1]
..............just one, but you have to hit him just right.................[@:D]

huh, what?

who said that?
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 6:05:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Huh?
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 6:16:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I use several depending of circumstances...
For paste wax I love anything Carnuba (Mothers' in particular), but I thinks it's a pain to apply and is not necesary for "clear coat" finishes.
The ever popular Turtle Wax paste seems to work fine on everything I've used it on.
Believe it or not I find that for me the easiest to apply/remove on clear coat finishes is the (as seen on TV) Finish 2001.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 8:07:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I usually use Meguiar's in liquid form.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 9:08:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you buff or wax by hand?

Mothers or Mcguire's will do the job,the trick is to use liquid with a buffer and paste if you hand wax.

As for my car/trucks it's Mcguire's Gold.
You will never find anything other than MG and bird crap on my ride[:D]
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 10:29:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't remember ever washing a vehicle or waxing it for that matter, but I do have a half bottle of Mcguire's for some reason
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 11:33:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Klasse polish and sealant, topped with pure carnuba liquid wax.  OK, just the nice car gets that.  I use McGuires cleaner wax on the rest cause I'm soooo lazy.
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 2:00:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Mcguire's
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 2:49:38 AM EDT
[#9]
The stuff they spray on at the automatic car washes. [:D]
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 2:58:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Try Rain X wax it lasts forever
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 3:32:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Up until five years ago I had tried just about every product advertised, but never found anything better than Mcguire's.  I stumbled across a product called Zaino on the internet.  I've never used anything as easy to apply and remove and nothing I had tried before lasted as long.  I must have thrown out a dozen different brands after I found this stuff.

Eddie
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 3:43:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Make sure you use a wax, and not a cleaner/wax. A new car doesn't need oxidation removed, and there should not be a layer of crud  removed either.

good luck!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 5:16:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Zaino is the best.  You must buy from a local distributor or off their web page.  They do not sell it at Autozone, etc.
www.zainobros.com
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 5:20:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Zaino is the best.  You must buy from a local distributor or off their web page.  They do not sell it at Autozone, etc.
www.zainobros.com
View Quote

I'll second the kudso to Zaino and Klasse.  I use Klasse All-In-One and Sealant Glaze, which is a polymer sealant on my black car with great effect, and then top that off with a layer or three of One Grand Blitz paste wax.  A shine that lasts forever and water beads for 6 months.  Try getting that out of normal paste wax, which evaporates on a black car in less than a month.

Zaino bros is virtually identical, but the shine is much deeper and wetter looking.  But both provide protection a traditional car wax can only dream about.

Remember the Alamo and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 5:29:08 AM EDT
[#15]
nobody mentioned Turtle?  I bought a new car in February, but I've only waxed it once.  I hand waxed, so I used some Turtle Wax paste I got at Target.  I washed with just water, then washed with soap and water, then polished and then waxed.  Let me tell you what, my car shined like a new penny!

....for about a week before it rained and made it look like crap again.  Three hours of work fv
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 5:37:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top